Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Scapers Online (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Official Site Question Dump (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=46306)

Joseph Sweeney October 17th, 2012 12:40 PM

Official Site Question Dump

Hey all,

Since so many of us out there have questions dealing with the site, and since the Official FAQ Question Dump isn't exactly the appropriate place to ask those questions, I(we) thought it would be a good idea to make an Official Site Question Dump!

In this thread you would ask any question dealing with the site, whether it be: how to work the search functions, what's a site supporter, or any other question dealing with the site.

Just like the Official FAQ Question Dump, grammar and spelling can be lax, but please, try and make your post as clear as possible.

Also, just like in the Official FAQ Question Dump anyone is free to answer questions.

I'll start this off with my question.

Porkachu's Customs
by kolakoski
I've always wondered why when I try to click a user name (in this case kolakoski), it will bring me to an entirely different profile. Any idea's?

Thanks!

~JS

Jim October 17th, 2012 01:11 PM

Re: Official Site Question Dump

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joseph Sweeney (Post 1697183)
Porkachu's Customs
by kolakoski
I've always wondered why when I try to click a user name (in this case kolakoski), it will bring me to an entirely different profile. Any idea's?

I don't know where you got your link from, but it looks like it simply points to the wrong URL. For example:
kolakoski is right, but kolakoski is wrong. When you hover your pointer over the link, you probably will see in the lower corner (or somewhere, depending on the browser) the entire URL that the link goes to. You can see that they are different in my two examples. Whoever created the link that you got may have just put the wrong URL in.

:2cents:

Joseph Sweeney October 17th, 2012 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim (Post 1697196)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joseph Sweeney (Post 1697183)
Porkachu's Customs
by kolakoski

I don't know where you got your link from, but it looks like it simply points to the wrong URL. For example:
kolakoski is right, but kolakoski is wrong. When you hover your pointer over the link, you probably will see in the lower corner (or somewhere, depending on the browser) the entire URL that the link goes to. You can see that they are different in my two examples. Whoever created the link that you got may have just put the wrong URL in.

:2cents:

Thanks!

MegaSilver October 17th, 2012 02:09 PM

I'm afraid that people will use this as the normal Question Dump by accident. Any way we could mix up the title a little bit? When I saw the title I thought someone started up the Question Dump again, when we already have one.

Joseph Sweeney October 17th, 2012 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MegaSilver (Post 1697230)
I'm afraid that people will use this as the normal Question Dump by accident. Any way we could mix up the title a little bit? When I saw the title I thought someone started up the Question Dump again, when we already have one.

Any idea for a new title? And how would I edit the title?

MegaSilver October 17th, 2012 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joseph Sweeney (Post 1697231)
Quote:

I'm not sure at the moment. :lol:

I guess this is maybe the best title that can be made. You'll still have to watch out for people wanting to ask questions that belong in the normal Question Dump.

EDIT: You can edit a title by clicking on Edit, Go Advanced.

Joseph Sweeney October 17th, 2012 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MegaSilver (Post 1697235)
Quote:

Quote:

I guess this is maybe the best title that can be made. You'll still have to watch out for people wanting to ask questions that belong in the normal Question Dump.

Right then, thanks for the warning.

EDIT: Thanks!

Xorlof October 17th, 2012 02:46 PM

I think that even with the possible confusion in titles, if widely used this thread would be useful as a clearinghouse for site questions. Comparing the two titles, the bigger problem is with the other thread's title--it would be better described as the "Official Rules Question Dump."

Barring generating a FAQ for the site itself, this thread could become a "one stop shop" for answering most newbie questions, and even some harder ones (e.g., Joseph's first example). The trick is getting it widely used, so everybody, start asking your questions about the site and answering those you know too!

Jim October 17th, 2012 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MegaSilver (Post 1697235)
Quote:

Quote:

EDIT: You can edit a title by going to the first post in the thread and clicking on Edit, Go Advanced.

Made that a bit more thorough for you. :thumbsup:

Joseph Sweeney November 29th, 2012 10:01 AM

EDIT: NVM, I managed to fix it. Thanks anyhow.

onibaku06 December 1st, 2012 05:55 AM

I have a question. What is the definitive list of all the badges that one can earn in the HS community? I know of site supporter, but what are the others?

infectedsloth December 1st, 2012 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onibaku06 (Post 1722578)
I have a question. What is the definitive list of all the badges that one can earn in the HS community? I know of site supporter, but what are the others?

I believe this is all of them, but I might have forgot a couple.
  • Site Supporter
  • Administrator
  • C3V Customs
  • C3V Outer Sanctum
  • C3V Emeritus
  • C3G Customs
  • SoV Judge
  • SoV Emeritus
  • BoV Judge
  • BoV Emeritus
  • Online HS
  • Unit Strategy Review
  • Rules Team
  • Codex Staff
  • BoM Judge
  • WotC Staff Member
Edit: I forgot Scenario Writers, oh well 17/18 isn't bad.

Edit: I also forgot Contributor,Week@HSers and Event Planner, I guess there was more then I thought.