Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of C3G Destructible Object Rules (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=55039)

Tornado September 24th, 2018 05:23 PM

Re: Draftable Vehicles Discussion Thread (Public Testing)

Did not really see that. Pretty scary.

quozl September 24th, 2018 05:28 PM

So this is the test before we said that Crowd Movement would not work on civilians occupying a vehicle?

EDIT: Nevermind. I misread the first line.

IAmBatman September 24th, 2018 05:55 PM

It really shines with squads due to their ability to use it efficiently. Halfway through my second test, which is all hero, and it was KOed already without doing any damage.

quozl September 24th, 2018 06:06 PM

Maybe we should make it hero-only then....

Lazy Orang September 24th, 2018 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quozl (Post 2225297)
Maybe we should make it hero-only then....

Before doing something that drastic, maybe give activating a vehicle a once-per turn restriction? I wouldn't be happy seeing an arbitrary restriction that means a beat cop can't drive a police car, a thug can't drive a getaway car etc..

Ronin September 24th, 2018 06:25 PM

You could also just have moving a vehicle replace movement for the whole card, like Bats was saying. Softer restriction that doesn't eliminate squads driving cars, just keeps it from being super-efficient.

IAmBatman September 24th, 2018 07:50 PM

Second test is in. When looking at one fairly solid win where it outperformed Batman and one big loss where it basically did nothing I'd say the Sports Car is just going to perform better with squads as is. Being able to drive in and out of traffic and have other squaddies locking down heroes in engagement so that you get more Hit and Run rolls in makes Hit and Run very powerful. The Civilians in particular love it since they're basically all board control and cheap meat shields and lack the offensive punch that the Car provides so nicely.

The nerf Ronin mentioned would be my preference. I still think it'll perform better in certain armies, like the Civvie one, but I'm ultimately OK with that as long as it's priced appropriately.

quozl September 24th, 2018 09:02 PM

Let's try it out.

Yodaking September 24th, 2018 09:06 PM

I'm cool with that too.

Tornado September 24th, 2018 10:45 PM

Sounds worth a try.

IAmBatman September 25th, 2018 06:26 AM

Ok, y’all cook up the verbiage and I’ll rerun that Civvie match tonight with those rules to see what a difference it makes.

Yodaking September 25th, 2018 12:20 PM

Here are the current moving & exiting rules:

MOVING VEHICLES

In addition to the Size, Life, and Defense values contained on destructible object cards, vehicles have a Movement value.
After revealing an Order Marker on one of your Army Cards, before taking a turn with a figure you control occupying a vehicle, you may move that vehicle. You may only move a vehicle once for each Order Marker you reveal.
When moving the vehicle, follow standard movement rules, with one exception: vehicles do not make or receive leaving engagement attacks.

EXITING VEHICLES
After moving a vehicle you control, you may place a figure from the vehicle's Army Card on an empty space and adjacent to the vehicle. You may exit with any or all of your figures on the same turn. Figures cannot move during a turn in which they exit a vehicle.

I think it would need to be updated to something like this:

MOVING VEHICLES
In addition to the Size, Life, and Defense values contained on destructible object cards, vehicles have a Movement value.
After revealing an Order Marker on one of your Army Cards with one or more figures occupying a vehicle, instead of moving any figures on that Army Card you may move that vehicle once.
When moving the vehicle, follow standard movement rules, with one exception: vehicles do not make or receive leaving engagement attacks.

EXITING VEHICLES
After moving a vehicle you control, you may place a figure from the vehicle's Army Card on an empty space and adjacent to the vehicle. You may exit with any or all of your figures on the same turn. Figures cannot move during a turn in which they exit a vehicle.