Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Software (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   VirtualScape 1.070 available (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=1586)

D-Dyzzle September 4th, 2006 02:08 PM

hey 5z. i have a few suggestions for the next version if you dont mind.

1: a tile selection function letting you drag the mouse over tiles to select them while holding ctrl then letting go and if your still holding ctrl them you can drag again to select two or more groups of tiles. if this doesnt make sence let me know.

2: a copy / paste for selected tiles.

thnx again for VS

Kahrma September 5th, 2006 02:38 PM

I'm having a minor problem. I'm running VirtualScape v 1.004.

When I view my map in 3D mode, the "High Quality" mode button is unavailable. When I click on the "Shadows" button, I get the error message "The Open GL extensions for shadowing are not available". Is there any way to correct this, or is this a limitation of my computer?

Thanks in advance.

srmalloy September 5th, 2006 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kahrma
When I view my map in 3D mode, the "High Quality" mode button is unavailable. When I click on the "Shadows" button, I get the error message "The Open GL extensions for shadowing are not available". Is there any way to correct this, or is this a limitation of my computer?

It's an artifact of your video card -- or, more specifically, your OpenGL drivers. I suspect that Zzzzz is using something similar to the mechanism for rendering shadows that was outlined in the SIGGRAPH '92 paper Fast Shadows and Lighting Effects Using Texture Mapping, Mark Segal et al. This paper describes a relatively simple extension to OpenGL for using the depth buffer as a shadow texture map. However, both the GL_EXT_depth_texture and the GL_EXT_texture3D (or OpenGL 1.2) extensions are required to use this method, which may not be implemented in your card's OpenGL drivers. Or he may be using the method described in Shadow Mapping with Today's OpenGL Hardware, which requires the SGIX* commands to be implemented in yoiur OpenGL drivers.

Zzzzz September 6th, 2006 02:14 AM

Hi everybody,

My internet connexion is out of order since saturday so I'm sorry to answer everybody only now. I'm using another connexion but I can't upload with this connexion so the new version will be available only when my Internet connexion will be OK.

Sorry for that.

But if my connexion is not OK at the end of the week, I will find another way to post the last version.

Zzzzz September 6th, 2006 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bunjee
This is a beautiful program Zzzzz. I haven't had a chance to try it out yet, I had to drag the windows laptop out of the garage and haven't gotten farther.

I imagine I'll never see a mac version, will I?

I'm sorry for you (and other mac users) but You will never see a mac version.

Zzzzz September 6th, 2006 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thehandofzarquon
Not sure if there is a feature like this... but how about a quick way to duplicate a tile in the same rotation? Something like... hold shift, click and drag a tile on the map and it will drag out a duplicate of the tile in the same rotation as the one you clicked on.

Good idea thehandofzarquon.
I will add this feature in futur version.

Zzzzz September 6th, 2006 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D-Dyzzle

1: a tile selection function letting you drag the mouse over tiles to select them while holding ctrl then letting go and if your still holding ctrl them you can drag again to select two or more groups of tiles. if this doesnt make sence let me know.

thnx again for VS

Thanks for suggestion D-Dyzzle.
Of course, this is a good idea.
And the undo/redo (Not so easy to do)
This will be available in futur version.

Zzzzz September 6th, 2006 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srmalloy
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kahrma

It's an artifact of your video card -- or, more specifically, your OpenGL drivers. I suspect that Zzzzz is using something similar to the mechanism for rendering shadows that was outlined in the SIGGRAPH '92 paper Fast Shadows and Lighting Effects Using Texture Mapping, Mark Segal et al. This paper describes a relatively simple extension to OpenGL for using the depth buffer as a shadow texture map. However, both the GL_EXT_depth_texture and the GL_EXT_texture3D (or OpenGL 1.2) extensions are required to use this method, which may not be implemented in your card's OpenGL drivers. Or he may be using the method described in Shadow Mapping with Today's OpenGL Hardware, which requires the SGIX* commands to be implemented in yoiur OpenGL drivers.

The exact extensions required are :

GL_ARB_multitexture
GL_ARB_depth_texture
GL_ARB_shadow
WGL_ARB_pbuffer
WGL_ARB_pixel_format

You don't need GL_EXT_texture3D .

Are you an OpenGL developper Srmalloy ?
Because you know lot of thing about opengl :wink:

Do you know what is your graphic card Kahrma ?

GaryLASQ September 6th, 2006 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zzzzz
Quote:

Originally Posted by D-Dyzzle

thnx again for VS

Thanks for suggestion D-Dyzzle.
Of course, this is a good idea.
And the undo/redo (Not so easy to do)
This will be available in futur version.

oh boy! this would be an awesome feature - to be able to copy a selection of tiles/objects from one map and paste them into another map.

i assume when you get group selection and copy/paste working then it will work between different maps since the software already allows opening more then one map at a time.

Zzzzz September 6th, 2006 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GaryLASQ
oh boy! this would be an awesome feature - to be able to copy a selection of tiles/objects from one map and paste them into another map.

i assume when you get group selection and copy/paste working then it will work between different maps since the software already allows opening more then one map at a time.

Of course you wil be able to copy selection from one map to another (perhap's restriction about personal tile, I don't know now).

D-Dyzzle September 6th, 2006 05:58 PM

YAY. im one of those people that use a ton of 24 hex to make a square base to work on. so then i can just copy a base. YAY. thnx 5z

Kahrma September 6th, 2006 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zzzzz
Do you know what is your graphic card Kahrma ?

Thanks everyone for the quick response! I'm using a Radeon 9250 128Mb AGP Graphics Card.