Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Software (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   VirtualScape 1.070 available (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=1586)

Cavalier August 25th, 2009 03:40 PM

Re: VirtualScape 1.064 available

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zzzzz (Post 907052)
Thanks to you.
The new release will be delivered at the end of this week.
See you later ...

You are the man, Zzzzz!!!

nyys August 25th, 2009 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zzzzz (Post 907052)
Thanks to you.
The new release will be delivered at the end of this week.
See you later ...

:woot: I can feel the map making juices starting to flow again.

I love how we can 'play' with the pieces before we even get the game in our hands.

Warlord Alpha August 25th, 2009 07:03 PM

Although I find it aggravating how maps have been made where the shadow tiles are used. We don't know if there are placement rules for those, why place them in the maps if you don't know how to place them?

Cavalier August 25th, 2009 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warlord Alpha (Post 907288)
Although I find it aggravating how maps have been made where the shadow tiles are used. We don't know if there are placement rules for those, why place them in the maps if you don't know how to place them?

Why not? It's all about experimenting. You can, and people do, use other terrain pieces in ways that the were not meant to be used.

Taeblewalker August 25th, 2009 07:34 PM

I doubt their placement will be all that bizarre. They might remain off-board at the beginning of game, only to be placed as the game goes on, and they might only be placed "indoors" or in the "shadow" of a rock outcrop, but chances are they can be placed anywhere a water tile can be placed.

nyys August 25th, 2009 08:35 PM

We got to play with the Jungle Trees before getting the rules, and there was nothing that a little editing couldn't fix (turned out the trees had to be connected to at least two other hexes).

pixlepix August 25th, 2009 10:25 PM

One thing you might want to try to fir in the new release. Right now when you check sets used sotm and tj are not shown

Darkmage7a August 25th, 2009 10:35 PM

Quote:

Valid point. However I counterpoint with "Idle hands are ... ...and scapers love to play."

Besides the only thing I can reasonably guess at based on the images alone is that the shadow pools might require adjacency to height. Given the fact that they are half level tiles and the set is slightly short on hexes I doubt many if any will be used on height in the first place.

Retlaw August 26th, 2009 07:33 AM

Quote:

Then you must be easily aggravated at a lot of other small insignificant things. It's a game and we're having fun playing in VS until we get the real thing. These maps were made (at least the ones I did) just to see how much was in the set and what you could do with it. If it turns out that shadow tiles have to be used differently, so what -- new maps will be made.

As for the shadow tiles, my guess is that they will make you invisible to range attacks. I doubt they will have to be next to rock outcroppings since when I was talking with Jerry at Gencon he said the bases of the rock outcroppings were made black so you could use them without the tops and have more shadow tiles (i.e., similar to the rules on the glaciers where you can use the bases without the top for more ice tiles).

nyys August 26th, 2009 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pixlepix (Post 907580)
Right now when you check sets used sotm and tj are not shown

Sounds like you don't have the most recent version of VS, both SotM and TJ are on the available material screen for me.

icebear77 August 26th, 2009 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyys (Post 907734)
Sounds like you don't have the most recent version of VS, both SotM and TJ are on the available material screen for me.

I believe what was meant was that when you verify required sets, those do not show up in the breakdown.

Zzzzz August 29th, 2009 03:21 PM

Hi everybody, I'm back just for a minute.

A new release is available (1.066) with new features :
- Add the D&D master set and his tiles
- Fix a bug for height dimension
- Add figures of wave1 (without texture and without tornak and omnicron)
- Add capability to print start area as normal tile or as new level

Sources will be delivered later.

as usualy, have fun with this great game.
Zzzzz.