Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   Quozl's Design Workshop (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=55034)

quozl August 2nd, 2018 11:47 AM

Quozl's Design Workshop

This is where I'll post designs I'd like to see workshopped by everyone. I plan on posting one design at a time.

Thank you in advance for all your help workshopping these!

King Kong

Cheetah

Johnny Thunder and Thunderbolt

Xael Raymand's Jakeem Thunder

ROM, Spaceknight

Fin Fang Foom

quozl August 2nd, 2018 11:48 AM

Re: Quozl's Design Workshop

First up:

https://shop.boom-studios.com/conten.../OCT161317.jpg

KING KONG
Simian
Unique Hero
Protector
Relentless
Huge 15

10 Life
Move 7
Range 1
Attack 6
Defense 5

300 Points

ULTIMATE SACRIFICE
At the start of the game, choose an opponent to choose a Unique Hero you control. If the chosen Hero receives one or more wounds from an opponent's attack, immediately move King Kong up to 6 spaces, and you must place all of your Order Markers on this card until King Kong is destroyed.

SIMIAN CLIMBING
When moving normally up levels of height to move onto a space with King Kong, you may count up to 10 levels of height as one space. You may ignore King Kong's height of 15 when climbing.

GRAB AND CARRY
After moving, you may choose one small or medium figure that was adjacent to King Kong during his movement. Place the chosen figure on an empty space adjacent to King Kong. If the chosen figure is engaged when it is moved by Grab and Carry, it will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

TWO-HANDED ATTACK
If King Kong did not use Grab And Carry this turn, he may attack one additional time.

SUPER STRENGTH

Ronin August 2nd, 2018 11:52 AM

Should Grab and Carry let him carry someone that he was adjacent to at the start of his turn? If so, it should probably say something more like "that was adjacent to King Kong before or during his movement." instead of "that King Kong moved adjacent to this turn."

Seems like the write-up hits the right notes, though!

IAmBatman August 2nd, 2018 11:59 AM

Probably needs some text trimming (I’ll try after lunch) but I like the power selection.

Should he be an Event Hero? Is 8 Life low for such a big creature?

quozl August 2nd, 2018 12:38 PM

Good call, Ronin! How's this?

GRAB AND CARRY
After moving, you may choose one small or medium figure that was adjacent to King Kong during his movement. Place the chosen figure on an empty space adjacent to King Kong. If the chosen figure is engaged when it is moved by Grab and Carry, it will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

As for Event Hero and his Life, I'm not sure. King Kong can be controlled so I don't think Event Hero fits.

Scapemage August 2nd, 2018 01:25 PM

This is really fun. Comic art is great to. More Simians!

Ronin August 2nd, 2018 01:29 PM

That wording works. :up:

Event Hero would box him out of Guardians builds, which I think he really likes right now, and GCW bonding. I think whether or not we want him to have those synergies is the big question, though the fact that he's controllable is a point in favor of Unique.

(EDIT: As a Protector, he could also join Excalibur!)

Not sure on the Life - could see it going up.

IAmBatman August 2nd, 2018 01:38 PM

Yeah, good call on him being controllable. Not Event Hero, then.

For Life, I'd say Satannus at 9 Life and Laufey at 10 Life are probably the ones I'd compare him to most. So I'd go at least 9 Life.

IAmBatman August 2nd, 2018 02:22 PM

I’d simplify all the may/must stuff into Ultimate Sacrifice (should this have a less general name?) and go with something like this:

ULTIMATE SACRIFICE
At the start of the game, choose a Unique Human Hero you control. If the chosen Hero receives one or more wounds from an opponent's attack, immediately move King Kong up to 6 spaces, and place all of your Order Markers on this card for the remainder of the game or until King Kong is destroyed.

quozl August 2nd, 2018 02:26 PM

I think that would work. In fact, I think you can even remove the "remainder of the game" part too.

Scapemage August 2nd, 2018 02:27 PM

Definitely in favor of Unique Hero here. Planet of the Apes!

Ericth74 August 2nd, 2018 02:28 PM

King Kong looks fun, I like Ultimate Sacrifice, it looks like a fun power