Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Other Board Games (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Battleship Galaxies (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=26535)

IndustrialOkie September 4th, 2014 01:20 AM

Re: Battleship Galaxies

Not trying to be a one-note wonder, but I really think Xia:Legends of a drift system will scratch this itch between simple BSG combat and TWI complexity.

The US shipping starts soon for backers, so hopefully the retail backers will follow not too far afterwards.

Gurei-Ornery September 4th, 2014 07:17 AM

I have been looking forward to Xia, but I don't agree about scratching the same itch. Xia doesn't look as tactical that is for sure. It seems like it will be similar to Merchants & Marauders but in space, which will be awesome.

Tai-Pan April 11th, 2018 02:34 PM

Right now World of Warships is doing a special with a Space version of the game. Reminded me instantly of Battleship Galaxies. The game is basically just WoW with different graphics, but the graphics are amazing and make me really sad about what happened with Battleship Galaxies!

IndustrialOkie December 8th, 2019 04:46 PM

Richard Borg's "Red Alert: Space Fleet Combat" is probably about as close as we'll ever get to BSG. It's a great game!

Taeblewalker December 8th, 2019 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndustrialOkie (Post 2337655)
Richard Borg's "Red Alert: Space Fleet Combat" is probably about as close as we'll ever get to BSG. It's a great game!

I love Richard Borg, but this was my least favorite of his games. I had trouble telling one type of spaceship from another.

chas December 9th, 2019 04:57 AM

;) I love Red Alert, which just came out with an eighth small expansion. I also just got Star Wars Rebellion, and its expansion Rise of the Empire, which is strategic but also has minis and tactical combat.

Taeblewalker December 9th, 2019 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taeblewalker (Post 2337687)
Quote:

Originally Posted by IndustrialOkie (Post 2337655)

I love Richard Borg, but this was my least favorite of his games. I had trouble telling one type of spaceship from another.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chas (Post 2337711)
;) I love Red Alert, which just came out with an eighth small expansion. I also just got Star Wars Rebellion, and its expansion Rise of the Empire, which is strategic but also has minis and tactical combat.

Which is not to say that I wouldn't play Red Alert again, if it makes you happy.

chas December 10th, 2019 08:34 AM

;) Okay, I've got that in writing!

chas December 10th, 2019 08:38 AM

Okay, I've got that in writing! (Double post)

Aldin December 23rd, 2019 04:41 PM

Out of curiosity - anyone have or know of good customs for BSG? My son and I were looking at it again the other day and thinking we'd play more if there was a bit more variety to it, but neither of us really has the time to develop/playtest anything.

~Aldin, spaced outly

Gurei-Ornery December 27th, 2019 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aldin (Post 2340141)
Out of curiosity - anyone have or know of good customs for BSG? My son and I were looking at it again the other day and thinking we'd play more if there was a bit more variety to it, but neither of us really has the time to develop/playtest anything.

~Aldin, spaced outly

I would love to know also. I was just looking at this game collecting dust in my basement this weekend while looking for another hardly played game. Long ago I thought Xia ships would make good customs, but didn't create any. Story of my life.

chas December 28th, 2019 07:18 AM

Do you have any of the three expansions for BSG?

BTW, I much prefer Firefly over Xia myself!