Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

Balantai July 26th, 2010 01:18 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

The Doctor
Doctor Who
Television
Jandar

Time Lord
Unique Hero
Adventurer
Brilliant
Size: Medium 5

Life: 6
Move: 6
Range: 1
Attack: 1
Defense: 4

BRILLIANT SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 4. Attack 1.
Defending figures may not use any Special Powers and may not roll any defense dice when defending against The Doctor's Brilliant Special Attack.

SONIC SCREWDRIVER
When you roll the 20-sided die for a Treasure Glyph trap with The Doctor, you may add 4 to your roll.

RUN!
When The Doctor or an friendly Unique Hero within 3 clear sight spaces of The Doctor is attacked, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 9 or higher, affected figures take no damage and you may move The Doctor and all Unique Heroes within 3 clear sight spaces of The Doctor up to 3 spaces. Figures moved by Run!, may not end their movement engaged and do not take any leaving engagement attacks.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I upped his defense to 4 and reduced the Special Attack back down to 1. Much like Wulf, I never really liked it at 2.

Lamaclown July 26th, 2010 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1156940)
The Doctor
Doctor Who
Television
Jandar

Time Lord
Unique Hero
Adventurer
Brilliant

BRILLIANT SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 4. Attack 1.
Defending figures may not use any Special Powers and may not roll any defense dice when defending against The Doctor's Brilliant Special Attack.

SONIC SCREWDRIVER
When you roll the 20-sided die for a Treasure Glyph trap with The Doctor, you may add 4 to your roll.

RUN!
When The Doctor or an friendly Unique Hero within 3 clear sight spaces of The Doctor is attacked, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 9 or higher, affected figures take no damage and you may move The Doctor and all Unique Heroes within 3 clear sight spaces of The Doctor up to 3 spaces. Figures moved by Run!, may not end their movement engaged and do not take any leaving engagement attacks.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I upped his defense to 4 and reduced the Special Attack back down to 1. Much like Wulf, I never really liked it at 2.

Has everyone involved in this project dropped off of the planet? ;)

I like him, Balantai. I'm not a huge fan of a 1 for base attack but his specials make up for it.

I would probably start him off at 120-130. His Run! special could be very useful in getting an army of melee heroes across the field. Question though- It says "...may not end their movement engaged..."
Does this mean any figure or only enemy figures?

So, anyhow, 120-130, but costing is my weakest area at designing without any playtesting.

(now I have all these ideas for the Dalek, Cybermen, Face of Bo, etc. going through my head)

EDIT: Sorry, I forgot about the "one post per phase" rule. I'll have to get used to that.

mac122 July 26th, 2010 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamaclown (Post 1157434)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1156940)
The Doctor
Doctor Who
Television
Jandar

Time Lord
Unique Hero
Adventurer
Brilliant

BRILLIANT SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 4. Attack 1.

SONIC SCREWDRIVER

RUN!

Has everyone involved in this project dropped off of the planet? ;)

I like him, Balantai. I'm not a huge fan of a 1 for base attack but his specials make up for it.

I would probably start him off at 120-130. His Run! special could be very useful in getting an army of melee heroes across the field. Question though- It says "...may not end their movement engaged..."

So, anyhow, 120-130, but costing is my weakest area at designing without any playtesting.

(now I have all these ideas for the Dalek, Cybermen, Face of Bo, etc. going through my head)

EDIT: Sorry, I forgot about the "one post per phase" rule. I'll have to get used to that.

Still here.
I was sorta waiting to see what others had to say. Knowing so little about the good Doctor, I really can't tell if that's a good representation or not - but I'll trust Balantai's work and knowledge. Just looking at the stats and abilities, he looks like he could be interesting to play. Brilliant is good and will cause some damage, but not a lot each turn. Run! should help keep him and his compatriots in the game. Not too powerful in base stats, though he could get the base attack to 3 with height and an attack aura - but the range of 1 diminishes the value a bit. Points are not my strong suit, either. But I'm thinking he's more in the range of 70-90 to start.

Lamaclown July 26th, 2010 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 1157538)
Still here.
I was sorta waiting to see what others had to say. Knowing so little about the good Doctor, I really can't tell if that's a good representation or not - but I'll trust Balantai's work and knowledge. Just looking at the stats and abilities, he looks like he could be interesting to play. Brilliant is good and will cause some damage, but not a lot each turn. Run! should help keep him and his compatriots in the game. Not too powerful in base stats, though he could get the base attack to 3 with height and an attack aura - but the range of 1 diminishes the value a bit. Points are not my strong suit, either. But I'm thinking he's more in the range of 70-90 to start.

After taking another look I can go along with mac122's recommendation. Range of 1 does bring it down and I think I was overestimating Sonic Screwdriver.

Hrockle July 27th, 2010 01:17 AM

I'll put him at 90-100.

Defense of four with 6 life, plus an ability to move a fair amount of Unique heroes can be a valuable asset. He is a cheerleader, without a doubt.

wulfhunter667 July 27th, 2010 01:30 AM

I was thinking in the 80-90 range myself. Very cool custom, BTW.

Balantai July 27th, 2010 11:14 AM

Quote:

I wanted to leave his attack at 1 to represent his desire to avoid physical violence.
Quote:

I think he should start at about 100 - 130 points. He is a cheerleader, but with a 60% chance to avoid all damage and pretty defense and life, he's going to be tough to kill.
Quote:

The one post per phase only refers to the brainstorming phase. Once we're in the Design step, you can post as much as you'd like.

Balantai July 27th, 2010 11:16 AM

I think I'll start him at 100 points. That seems like a fair compromise to everyone's assessments. Any other thoughts or are we ready for the next figure?

mac122 July 27th, 2010 11:21 AM

:thumbsup:

JC McMinis July 27th, 2010 11:44 AM

Sorry guys been a little busy, I know very little of the good Doctor, but what you have looks like a very fun custom so..:thumbsup:

Balantai July 27th, 2010 11:47 AM

It makes me sad that so many people don't know the Doctor. Doctor Who is easily one of the best shows on TV. In my opinion, it's one of the best shows of all time.

SirGalahad July 27th, 2010 01:05 PM

Quote:

Question though- It says "...may not end their movement engaged..."

You're never engaged with your own or friendly figures, just adjacent.