Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Astral Plane (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=56832)

IAmBatman April 7th, 2020 08:58 PM

The Book of Astral Plane

The Book of Astral Plane Map

A C3G Extra Battlefield Map

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...stralPlane.jpg

Download the PDF HERE
Required Sets: 1 Printable Astral Plane Battlefield

Quote:

SETUP:
The Astral Plane is intended to be played in addition to other battlefields. If a scenario or Army Card references the Astral Plane, place the Astral Plane beside any other battlefield in the play area, unconnected.

SPECIAL RULES

Otherworldly Plane
Figures on the Astral Plane may not have Order Markers placed or revealed on their Army Cards, and only Manifestations may occupy the Astral Plane.

Without a Tether
At the end of each player's turn, any figure you control that is occupying the Astral Plane and does not have a Tether on the battlefield is removed from the game.

Astral Plane Bio - When powerful psychics and magicians project their minds out of their bodies, these projections go to the Astral Plane where they are able to wage battles based not on physical might, but on mental prowess.
-Rulings and Clarifications-

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A

-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

IAmBatman April 7th, 2020 08:59 PM

Re: The Book of Astral Plane - Breathing

@japes I just need a flat, printable "mat" here with a spooky, psychic design on it and I think I can move forward with this. :-)

Is there anyone still active in the map department? Who even votes on this? @A3n ?

japes April 7th, 2020 10:29 PM

I'm envisioning a misty-cloudy sort of purplish-electic blue faintly swimming through a sea of blackness

IAmBatman April 7th, 2020 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by japes (Post 2366467)
I'm envisioning a misty-cloudy sort of purplish-electic blue faintly swimming through a sea of blackness

You're the dream maker! Make it, I'll print it, test it, and figure out who needs to vote to make things happen. :-)

japes April 7th, 2020 10:59 PM

Well I started working on some techniques earlier today when i proposed the idea. Inspiration hit. This is only a quick mock-up at reduced resolution but I'm got something similar to this on my brain. a bit more wavey though.

https://www.heroscapers.com/c3g/rele...stralPlane.jpg @IAmBatman

IAmBatman April 7th, 2020 11:04 PM

Dig the color scheme but definitely want a bit more weird and wavy, yeah, just to make sure it’s completely visually distinct from the cosmic terrain.

Btw, I’d love any feedback folks have on the special powers I posted. I think they work but they are more or less thrown together.

japes April 7th, 2020 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 2366477)
Dig the color scheme but definitely want a bit more weird and wavy, yeah, just to make sure it’s completely visually distinct from the cosmic terrain.

Btw, I’d love any feedback folks have on the special powers I posted. I think they work but they are more or less thrown together.

Has the cosmic map every been posted. I hadn't seen it. And yes I intend more wavey and less spacey. That was my 10 minute throw together.

japes April 7th, 2020 11:34 PM

This should distinguish it a bit from the cosmic map

tcglkn April 7th, 2020 11:51 PM

I will proxy this with extra swamp water tiles.

Arch-vile April 7th, 2020 11:55 PM

I'd love a way to just print this out on one piece of normal size paper and have it ready to go. Not sure if you intended it to be bigger though.

japes April 7th, 2020 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arch-vile (Post 2366501)
I'd love a way to just print this out on one piece of normal size paper and have it ready to go. Not sure if you intended it to be bigger though.

Right now it prints on 11x17. The image above is made off of my template for the back of the AotP map boards.

tcglkn April 7th, 2020 11:58 PM

Would also prefer and 9.5x11 map here if it is intended to be printed out.