Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

Taeblewalker December 8th, 2011 01:18 AM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

I think the current version is good. Points are hard to call, but 150 sounds reasonable.

Edit: Instead of "after moving and before attacking," perhaps Assassinate could be just "instead of attacking." It seems he might use all of his focus to perform the auto-kill.

Lamaclown December 8th, 2011 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taeblewalker (Post 1525543)
I think the current version is good. Points are hard to call, but 150 sounds reasonable.

Edit: Instead of "after moving and before attacking," perhaps Assassinate could be just "instead of attacking." It seems he might use all of his focus to perform the auto-kill.

Sorry I haven't been around for much of this one.I agree with the "instead of" point that TW makes, FWIW.

SirGalahad December 8th, 2011 01:28 AM

ASSASSINATE
After moving and Before attacking with Ezio Auditore, you may choose an adjacent medium or small figure. If the chosen figure is a Common or Squad figure, destroy it. If the chosen figure is a Unique Hero, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 16 or higher, destroy the choosen unique figureHero.

For reference (remember Grimnak was before Common Heroes)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Grimnak
CHOMP
Before attacking, choose one medium or small figure adjacent to Grimnak. If the chosen figure is a Squad figure, destroy it. If the chosen figure is a Hero figure, roll the 20‑sided die. If you roll a 16 or higher, destroy the chosen Hero.

Pasteability:

ASSASSINATE
Before attacking, you may choose an adjacent medium or small figure. If the chosen figure is a Common or Squad figure, destroy it. If the chosen figure is a Unique Hero, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 16 or higher, destroy the chosen Hero.

mac122 December 8th, 2011 02:01 AM

Quote:

That would help keep his cost in check, but would also make him much less formidable. Do you think this breaks the theme Machinekng was going for?

JC McMinis December 8th, 2011 06:18 PM

I agree with the instead as well. Being an old school AD&D player who played a few assassins. Assassinations were an all or nothing thing then. If you failed in you auto-kill roll you did not get a normal attack on top of it. Just my 2 cents.

machinekng December 11th, 2011 09:55 PM

Quote:

Might help keep costs down I guess, but Grimnak does it, and is a bonding hero, and only costs 120.

As for theme, well, in the game, it is easly possible to run up to a guy, assassinate him, and then off another guy before he can react.

I had origionally thought of proposing Double Assassination, but declined to due to the inherent power creep.

JC McMinis December 13th, 2011 02:34 PM

Was just looking at the revised assassinate that SirG posted above and it mentions common or squad figures and unique heroes...where does this leave the Uncommon heroes. Do we treat them as common or unique? I think that it should be squaddies that get no roll and heroes that do (as per Grimnak) whether common or not. Theyre heroes after all

mac122 December 13th, 2011 02:46 PM

Uncommons are treated as unique in every way except that you can have more than one in your army, so they would be covered under "Unique Hero".

Come on, LC, add the "ninja'd" note! :wink:

Argh! My note has been :ninja:'d!

Lamaclown December 13th, 2011 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcmcminis (Post 1528646)
Was just looking at the revised assassinate that SirG posted above and it mentions common or squad figures and unique heroes...where does this leave the Uncommon heroes. Do we treat them as common or unique? I think that it should be squaddies that get no roll and heroes that do (as per Grimnak) whether common or not. Theyre heroes after all

According to the official rules, Uncommon Heroes are to be treated as Unique Heroes for purposes of special powers and such.

Arghhh... :ninja:'d

mac122 January 16th, 2012 01:18 PM

Hello? (Taps microphone) Is this thing on?

Apparently we took a month-long sabbatical. Anything more about our friendly-neighborhood assassin? MK, perhaps if you posted the latest version, we might get this percolating again.

Taeblewalker January 16th, 2012 09:59 PM

Yeah. With the Holidays, C3G, C3V, and Grishnakh's terrain we've neglected this.

JC McMinis January 16th, 2012 10:22 PM

I agree that it is time to get this moving once more.