Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Crossbones (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=56328)

IAmBatman November 12th, 2019 10:09 AM

Re: The Book of Crossbones (Breathing Period)

I'm not seeing him being able to easily Brutalize a Green Lantern.

Karat November 12th, 2019 10:23 AM

Defense number might be a better way.

Xael Raymand November 12th, 2019 11:30 AM

If Crossbones would roll attack dice equal to or greater then the number of defense dice rolled he may roll one additional attack die?

That would solve the green lantern issue.

Lazy Orang November 12th, 2019 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 2332353)

Honestly, why would he get this boost against anyone with Super Strength?
That'd be the simplest way to keep GLs and their ilk out of it.

Lord Pyre November 12th, 2019 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazy Orang (Post 2332361)
Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 2332353)

Honestly, why would he get this boost against anyone with Super Strength?
That'd be the simplest way to keep GLs and their ilk out of it.

Yeah, Hela and Lady Death both have 4 attack. They probably wouldn't give him a second glance. Could he just have the bonus against anyone without Super Strength?

I'm still actually fine as is, however. A little weirdness isn't the biggest deal.

Yodaking November 12th, 2019 12:13 PM

On the defense dice idea, She-Hulk rolls additional defense dice based on the number of skulls rolled by the attacker, so I don't think that would be a good way to go. I kind of like the no SS angle, but I'd also be fine with the base att. of 3/4 or less.

Karat November 12th, 2019 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yodaking (Post 2332364)
On the defense dice idea, She-Hulk rolls additional defense dice based on the number of skulls rolled by the attacker, so I don't think that would be a good way to go. I kind of like the no SS angle, but I'd also be fine with the base att. of 3/4 or less.

I actually think that one works just fine. Sure it's a little funky, but her power already helps her get past it, or maybe we do a combination (no SS & 4 or less attack/defense)? Though I like that most depowered lanterns would be affected, though I suppose you get that with attack too.

MrNobody November 12th, 2019 01:17 PM

So it looks like the current options people are interested in are;
A) Attack number of 4 or less
B) Attack number of 3 or less
C) Defense number of 4 or less
D) Defense number of 3 or less
E) No Superstrength
F) Some combination of two of those elements
With the most popular F option being A+E, maybe? How many figures would each of those affect? I tried looking on the synergy archive spreadsheet on Excel but I'm stupid with Excel so I couldn't figure out how to do it.

Karat November 12th, 2019 01:22 PM

I'll check in a bit.

johnny139 November 12th, 2019 01:53 PM

I'd definitely want B or D. I'm leaning toward Defense actually - I think that hits the right notes.

The theme here, in my mind, is that Crossbones is not only willing to prey on vulnerable people, he's very, very good at it. Women, children, the old and infirm - he'll do it, and probably enjoy it. I think his being stronger, not just as strong, is an important distinction.

Yodaking November 12th, 2019 02:15 PM

I generally agree with what Johnny just said, but I'd favor att of 3 or less over def. of 3 or less. Nightwing has a def. of just 3 due to his 1 shield def. power, but he isn't one Crossbones could just bully. Att. of 3 or less seems more thematically accurate as a base att. of 3 is often a weaker melee fighter or someone using a pistol. Their might be a few odd cases like a Merlyn that rolls only 2 att. dice due to his double skulls, or a figure with CCE and base att. of 3, but I feel more comfortable with those theme breaks than the def. ones. Without looking it up , I also suspect there are more cards with 3 att. then 3 def. due to the odds of each kind of die.

Yodaking November 12th, 2019 02:38 PM

I am using an older copy of the spread sheet that hasn't been updated with recent releases and also does not include unreleased units. Total number of cards in the spreadsheet is 683. Of those 683 cards, I'm seeing 200 cards with a base att. of 3 or less, 24 of which have SS. For att. of 4 or less, I'm seeing 433 cards, 96 of which have SS.

Then I see 123 cards with a base def. of 3 or less, 16 of which have SS. Also looked at cards with a base def. of 4 or less, their are 323 of them. That list includes Conan, which I'd have a big theme break issue with. 60 of those have SS, but not Conan.

That gives you a general idea of how big each of the 8 pools are, assuming a similar rate as the lists scale up to the 900+ cards we have either released or On Deck.

Att 4 ~ 63%
Att 4 w/o SS ~ 49%
Def 4 ~ 47%
Def 4 w/o SS ~ 38.5%
Att 3 ~ 29%
Att 3 w/o SS ~ 26%
Def 3 ~ 18%
Def 3 w/o SS ~ 15.5%