Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Jackal (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=50432)

Karat June 17th, 2014 01:53 PM

The Book of Jackal

The Book of Jackal

C3G MARVEL WAVE 24
THEY CAME FROM BEYOND!

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...ckal_comic.png
Comic PDF

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...ackal_mini.png
Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the WEB OF SPIDER-MAN set.
Its model number and name are #046 / Jackal.

Character Bio - Miles Warren was a professor at Empire State University. He was born into a family that had a special love for science. His brother was a teacher of Peter Parker’s, but Miles wanted to be more than “just” a teacher. After he got his Ph.D. in biochemistry he joined the High Evolutionary so he could experiment and learn from him. He tried turning animals into humans, but most of his subjects never lost their animal appearance. He ended up developing a fondness for Gwen Stacy, who was a student of his. After Gwen was killed by the Green Goblin, Miles blamed Spider-Man for her death. This led Miles to put Jackal DNA into his body becoming the Jackal. Jackal is responsible for the creation of Carrion, as well as several Spider-Man clones (Scarlet Spider, Kaine, Jack, Guardian, and Spidercide).

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • Jackal may choose a Unique Human, Mutate, or Clone Hero for his Experimental Cloning special power. Current Humans, Mutates, and Clones.

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

Immunities:Benefits:Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-
  • Initial playtest: Karat - Cloning 16+ any Unique H, C, or M; Degeneration: 1 unlbockable die @220 points
  • Second playtest: Ronin - Cloning 18+ any Unique H, C, M; Degeneration: 2 unblockable dice @235 points
  • Third playtest: Viegon
  • Fourth playtest: bsbush7690 - Cloning 17+ any Unique H, C, M; Degeneration: 1 auto-wound after turn, 2 auto-wounds after round @ 255 points
  • Fifth playtest: Tornado
  • Sixth playtest: Ronin - Cloning at 15+ Clones get cloned with 2 wounds any Unique H, C, M; DTC lowered to 12+; Degeneration: 1 wound after turn and round @ 265 points
  • Seventh playtest: Midgieboy3
  • Eighth playtest: b57123m
  • Ninth playtest: Hidicul - Changed Cloning to choose a single Unique H, C, M for the entire game @265
  • Tenth playtest: TrollBrute
  • Eleventh playtest: Karat - Current SP
  • Art: Comic, Figure, Background
  • Art by japes
Card Updates:
7 March 2021 - Class changed to Genius

Karat June 17th, 2014 01:53 PM

Re: The Book of Jackal(Design Phase)

NAME = JACKAL
SECRET IDENTITY = MILES WARREN

SPECIES = MUTATE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = GENIUS
PERSONALITY = INSANE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 4

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 255

EXPERIMENTAL CLONING 15
At the start of the game, you may choose a Unique Human, Mutate, or Clone Hero on the battlefield. Before placing Order Markers each round, if the chosen Hero is destroyed, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 15 or higher, the chosen Hero becomes Jackal's Experiment. Remove all Wound Markers from the chosen Hero’s Army Card and place the chosen Hero on any empty space adjacent to Jackal. You now control the chosen Hero, and it has the species of Clone instead of what is listed on its card.

DRUG-TIPPED CLAWS
After attacking an adjacent figure with Jackal's normal attack, if the defending figure received one or more wounds but was not destroyed, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 12 or higher, remove one unrevealed Order Marker at random from the defending figure's card. Androids, Constructs, and destructible objects are not affected by Drug-Tipped Claws.

CELLULAR DEGENERATION
For the entire game, after taking a turn with Jackal's Experiment and at the end of each round, place one Wound Marker on its card.

Zettian Juggernaut June 17th, 2014 02:06 PM

Looks cool.

tcglkn June 17th, 2014 02:10 PM

I like it. Straightforward but fun.

Tornado June 17th, 2014 02:48 PM

I really like this design. I am glad you went with it. :)
Interesting synergy and powers. Should be fun.

Viegon June 17th, 2014 03:49 PM

I really like the direction with this design; the Cloning mechanic is a lot of fun, and I love how Jackal works with it. I worry that his Cloning power could turn out be a little too strong, but if that's the case, we could easily either tweak the roll or switch Cellular Degeneration to an automatic wound instead of the unblockable attack die.

The only issue I see right now is the wording for his claw power. Right now, if Jackal attacks a Counter Strike unit and takes wounds himself, he'd still get to roll for it because of the too open wording of "if a figure received one or more wounds". I suggest:

DRUG TIPPED CLAWS
After attacking an adjacent figure with Jackal's normal attack, if the defending figure received one or more wounds but was not destroyed, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 14 or higher, remove one Order Marker at random from the defending figure's card. Androids, Constructs, and Destructible Objects are not affected by Drug Tipped Claws.

Karat June 17th, 2014 04:41 PM

Nice catch.

IAmBatman June 17th, 2014 04:52 PM

Yeah, I'm also worried that bringing back figures on 16+ with no once per game restriction like Zola is overpowered. I'd like to see Cellular Degeneration go ahead and be an auto skull right now, and keep open the possibility of further restrictions later.

Karat June 17th, 2014 05:11 PM

I'd rather wait on that and see how strong it is first, and even then I'd rather see rolling more dice or a once per Unique Hero restriction than a staric wound. The degeneration is and should be random :2cents:

{Edit} Or even upping the roll for returning an Unique Hero.

johnny139 June 17th, 2014 05:54 PM

Love the direction here. No real stance on his power as of yet and fine with waiting and seeing.

IAmBatman June 17th, 2014 09:25 PM

How many points are you aiming for, Karat? The degeneration can be really slow right now and isn't much of a drawback at all. Resurrecting so many different figures at 16+ multiple times per game screams "future reevaluation" to me. I'd rather check it more in advance.

Karat June 17th, 2014 09:44 PM

250 or so as a cap, but I don't have a set cost in mind. I'd rather see the roll go up than the degeneration go automatic.