Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

Dysole May 30th, 2015 11:49 AM

Elegance

The phrase "Kratos can not be destroyed" is also elegant and has no precedent. However, it clearly goes against gameplay. The most game precedential phrase would probably be "Blades of Exile can not be negated by any special power on an army card or glyph" a la gladiatron wording. (A bit busy to look up the exact phrasing right now). I still really don't like it since plenty of figures who've shown resistance to magic also can be negated

~Dysole, reiterating theme sometimes needs to acquiesce to gameplay

Confred May 30th, 2015 01:05 PM

Re: Elegance

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dysole (Post 2024518)
"Blades of Exile can not be negated by any special power on an army card or glyph"

~Dysole, reiterating theme sometimes needs to acquiesce to gameplay

That Does look more "Official" and I agree, with that many words it should be cut.

In other news I had an ah-ha! Moment that has no real effect on Kratos.

CUSTOM TECH CHAT
With Drain Life and powers like it, why does it say "Every time"? And not simply "after"? Because "After" implies once ever, while every time literally means every time. Thus Double Attack says after attacking, attack again and not every time attack, attack again.

TREX May 30th, 2015 01:14 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Reaching out to Range 3 would be ok, but I would not want to go any further, not because of the official reach wording, but for thematic reasons. I like your wording to choose normal or special attack, but feel its needs to be separated from Blades of Exile. Blades of Exile have nothing to do with how many times kratos attacks.
Quote:

VENGEANCE OF KRATOS
After attacking with a normal or special attack, if Kratos rolled at least 2 skulls, he may continue attacking with normal or special attacks until he does not roll at least 2 skulls
Quote:

BLADES OF EXILE
If an opponent's figure is within 3 spaces of Kratos, and its base is no more than 4 levels above Kratos's height or 4 levels below Kratos's base, Kratos may add 3 to his Range when attacking that figure with a normal attack. Blades Of Exile cannot be negated.
I think this would work great. Separating them, keeps the Blades separate from the special attacks. If we mix and match, that works thematically, and frankly is way more awesome than before. Keeping in mind, that when we make a special attack, that it is not OP. If it is, Like the Blade of Olympus, put a clause on the TG Card stating you can not use anything else with it. Everything else said, looks pretty good.

I like all of these so far.
BOOTS OF HERMES
GOLDEN FLEECE
WINGS OF ICARUS
NEMEAN CESTUS
BOW OF APOLLO

McHotcakes May 30th, 2015 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TREX (Post 2024535)
VENGEANCE OF KRATOS
After attacking with a normal or special attack, if Kratos rolled at least 2 skulls, he may continue attacking with normal or special attacks until he does not roll at least 2 skulls

Before I give this an ok I think we need to have an idea of what Special Attacks Kratos might have. If Kratos is gonna be rolling 6 attack dice or more then I think two skulls is a little too easy.

We could do it so that Kratos has to roll 2 skulls on his normal attack to keep attacking. That way he can roll up to 4 normal attacks per turn or 3 normal attacks and 1 special attack in a turn. Basically using a special attack would end Kratos' turn.

Something like
Quote:

VENGEANCE OF KRATOS
After attacking with a normal attack, if Kratos rolled at least 2 skulls, he may attack again with a normal or special attack. Kratos cannot attack more than 4 times per turn
I think that that would be a good way to represent Kratos' combo skills.

--

Quote:

BLADES OF EXILE
If an opponent's figure is within 3 spaces of Kratos, and its base is no more than 4 levels above Kratos's height or 4 levels below Kratos's base, Kratos may add 3 to his Range when attacking that figure with a normal attack. Blades Of Exile cannot be negated. Figures can never ignore skulls rolled when attacked with Blades of Exile.
How does this work as a possibility?

Dysole May 30th, 2015 02:12 PM

Quick Question

What is our theme reason for the extra attacks?

~Dysole, not sure what is meant by can not ignore skulls. I'm not sure of any figures that do that

Taeblewalker May 30th, 2015 03:19 PM

Since this is 22 pages back, I just wanted to keep everybody current on the order.

JC McMinis
TREX
Dysole
Taeblewalker
Machineking
McHotcakes
Confred

I think we've done a great job of starting this project back up and running with it.

TREX May 30th, 2015 05:00 PM

@McHotcakes ,we will have to make sure that any special attacks used on the TG's will not be too OP to where they will not be able to roll it too easily. Whether the reach ability on Kratos Blades of Exile is Negate-able or not should be left up to a vote. I do not mind either way. Thanks @Taeblewalker , I'm glad to be part of this team, and I also like everyone's diverse opinions and skill sets. It all just makes the characters that much better. How Blades of Exile is written, I would leave it how it is, just cutting off the non negation thing if that is what it comes down to.

JC McMinis May 30th, 2015 05:51 PM

Ok I am kind of lost in translation here. Can I have a current version of Kratos to see also here is an updated Boots of Hermes also made the label today.

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/l...psyvujnfqx.jpg

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/l...psacfw4mdw.jpg

TREX May 31st, 2015 12:26 PM

@JC McMinis
Here is the Current Card for Kratos

Quote:

Demi God
Unique Hero
Warrior
Ruthless
Medium 5

Move 6
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 4

Life 6

BY THE GODS

For every Unique Hero Kratos destroys, place a Godly Artifact on this card that has not been previously placed. A maximum of 5 Godly Artifacts may be placed on this card. When Kratos is destroyed, place all Godly Artifacts on this card on or adjacent to the spaces occupied, if possible.

VENGEANCE OF KRATOS
After making a normal or special attack, if Kratos rolled at least 2 skulls, he may attack again with a normal or special attack. Kratos cannot attack more than 4 times per turn.

BLADES OF EXILE
If an opponent's figure is within 3 spaces of Kratos, and its base is no more than 4 levels above Kratos's height or 4 levels below Kratos's base, Kratos may add 3 to his Range when attacking that figure with a normal attack.

CLIMB FROM TARTARUS
At the start of each of your turns after Kratos has been destroyed, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 18 or higher, immediately place Kratos on an empty space on the battlefield that is not higher than the base of any other figure on the battlefield. If Kratos is destroyed and there are no other figures you control left on the Battlefield you may immediately roll for Climb From Tartarus.

EDITS: Specified glyphs not yet placed on By the Gods. Added Vengeance of Kratos to represent his combo attacks, basically separated it from Blades of Exile, same wording. Extendended Reach of Blades to 3. Removed Blades being exempt from Negation, as it is only a very small chance of negation anyway. (Morsbane, glyph of negation.) Cut the extra bonus to the immediate use of Climb from Tartarus, as 18 should be efficient. If everyone is okay with this, we can proceed on getting the Godly Artifacts made. Keep in mind, any Godly Artifact Special Attack needs to be non OP enough to be done up to 4 times. Unless it is specified as a One Time Use by itself.

Taeblewalker May 31st, 2015 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TREX (Post 2024613)
Keep in mind, any Godly Artifact Special Attack needs to be non OP enough to be done up to 4 times. Unless it is specified as a One Time Use by itself.

The way Vengeance of Kratos is written, special attacks can only be used once. You can attack with a normal attack and get two skulls, then use a special attack once. It doesn't say you can attack again after rolling two skulls with a special attack.

Confred May 31st, 2015 11:43 PM

ATTACK COMBO FRENZY 13
Every time Kratos attacks and rolls at least 2 skulls, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 13 or higher, Kratos attacks an additional time.

Dysole June 1st, 2015 02:09 AM

Stuff

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2024697)
ATTACK COMBO FRENZY 13
Every time Kratos attacks and rolls at least 2 skulls, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 13 or higher, Kratos attacks an additional time.

That could be interesting. Utilizing Frost Giant wording.

Quote:

ATTACK COMBO FRENZY
After attacking with Kratos, if he rolled at least 2 skulls, roll the 20 sided die. If you roll a 13 or higher, you may attack again with Kratos
Quote:

Originally Posted by JC McMinis (Post 2024576)
Ok I am kind of lost in translation here. Can I have a current version of Kratos to see also here is an updated Boots of Hermes also made the label today.

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/l...psyvujnfqx.jpg

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/l...psacfw4mdw.jpg

Again, I reiterate, official glyphs are not worded in that way.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...h_original.jpg

~Dysole, with all for now