Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

McHotcakes March 4th, 2013 05:15 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

:thumbsup:

Balantai March 4th, 2013 05:49 PM

Let's get Confred's approval and then we'll move on. Taeblewalker is next, but he's been a bit AWOL. I know he peeked in for a minute so I'll throw him a PM.

mac122 March 4th, 2013 06:17 PM

Quote:

HIDE 11
If an opponent's figure begins its move nonadjacent to Katniss Everdeen and ends its move engaged with Katniss Everdeen, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 11 or higher, you may immediately move Katniss Everdeen up to 3 spaces as long as she ends her movement unengaged. That figure cannot attack Katniss Everdeen this turn. When Katniss Everdeen moves with Hide, she may move through all figures and will not take leaving engagement attacks.
Should the bolded parts be "non-adjacent" and "adjacent" or "unengaged" and "engaged"? It feels wonky to mix the terms.

Balantai March 4th, 2013 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 1775242)
Quote:

HIDE 11
If an opponent's figure begins its move nonadjacent to Katniss Everdeen and ends its move engaged with Katniss Everdeen, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 11 or higher, you may immediately move Katniss Everdeen up to 3 spaces as long as she ends her movement unengaged. That figure cannot attack Katniss Everdeen this turn. When Katniss Everdeen moves with Hide, she may move through all figures and will not take leaving engagement attacks.
Should the bolded parts be "non-adjacent" and "adjacent" or "unengaged" and "engaged"? It feels wonky to mix the terms.

I don't think it feels wonky, but if you guys want it changed, it's fine with me.

SirGalahad March 4th, 2013 07:22 PM

"nonadjacent" as an adjective works (a non-adjacent space), but as an adverb, :headshake:

"unengaged with" would be better

mac122 March 4th, 2013 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirGalahad (Post 1775268)
"nonadjacent" as an adjective works (a non-adjacent space), but as an adverb, :headshake:

"unengaged with" would be better

HIDE 11
If an opponent's figure begins its move unengaged with Katniss Everdeenand ends its move engaged with Katniss Everdeen, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 11 or higher, you may immediately move Katniss Everdeen up to 3 spaces as long as she ends her movement unengaged. That figure cannot attack Katniss Everdeen this turn. When Katniss Everdeen moves with Hide, she may move through all figures and will not take leaving engagement attacks.

SirGalahad March 4th, 2013 09:36 PM

:up:

JC McMinis March 4th, 2013 10:01 PM

Looks better now barring any objections from Confred I think we finally have her done.

Confred March 4th, 2013 10:02 PM

I was the one that originally worded Hide to end unengaged. But I have since wondered if that was necessary. She could be hiding really good. like a rabbit.

Since we are all so close to her approval, I'll do a 'quick' playtest to see if that reveals anything. Starting now.

Confred March 4th, 2013 10:15 PM

Question: Is being adjacent to "an Evergreen Tree" = adjacent to a space the Evergreen's base is on? I'm specifically talking about the 15 Height tree with a rock next to it. I'm not in favor of overcomplicated explanations on the card but it looks weird how she managed to find cover that way :P

Confred March 4th, 2013 10:34 PM

PLAYTEST 1 vs. Kaemon Awa
Map: Alkali Lake
Kaemon Awa wins Turn3/Round2/Initiative @3 Life remaining.

Katniss Everdeen
MOVE 6: Her knowledge of terrain and tracking passively increases her move beyond average and feels thematic
ATTACK 2: She isn't the best fighter up close but can hold her own at 2 (lose to a random nagrub and you'll start to respect 2). Her ranged attack being only 2 is justified because everytime she stayed still she aimed. This implies that all the other times were snap shots, which felt right
DEFENSE 3: I was weary of this, but it felt right. I could perhaps go with Defense 2/Life 6, but since we are on the button, I am content with her results to support 3.
POINTS 120: Katniss is hard to hit with proper cover and if you get lured into her trap she has an arrow already aimed for you. While Kaemon won with 3 out of 4 remaining, a solid special attack could easily KO him.
HUNTER'S PRECISION SPECIAL ATTACK: This power thematically performed better than I had expected. It felt like the opponent was walking into her trap, which is superb flavor. I like that it has to be nonadjacent. I like that she has to stay still to do it. She shoots from cover, if she's found, she runs to more cover. I am not 100% on the name aesthetics, but we're on the button and I'm fine passing it.
FOREST COVER: This is her butter, it is what kept her safe and lured them in.
HIDE: She whiffed all 3 rolls :oops: But the trigger didn't feel intrusive.

Good: :up:

Curveball Questions
Personality: Loyal? She helped those that helped her and volunteered to enter the games in the first place due to her loyalty to her sister.
Class: Champion? Since she represents her district and sister. The special attack covers her being a hunter.
Hide: Is it necessary to end her 3 move unengaged?

Spoiler Alert!

McHotcakes March 4th, 2013 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 1775379)
Curveball Questions
Personality: Loyal? She helped those that helped her and volunteered to enter the games in the first place due to her loyalty to her sister.

I have no problem with her being loyal. But precise works too. I think its really up to jcmcminis

Quote:

Class: Champion? Since she represents her district and sister. The special attack covers her being a hunter.

Again this is up to jcmcminis. I personally prefer her as a hunter. Even though she is the Hunger Games champion, my image of a champion class figure is someone who fights head to head, and Katniss just doesn't do that. She is more of a guerilla fighter.

Quote:

Hide: Is it necessary to end her 3 move unengaged?

I'd say so. Thematically I'd find it distracting that she is hiding right next to an enemy.