Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Events (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Central Arkansas Tournament - May 3rd -Results (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=17035)

Revdyer March 21st, 2008 05:49 PM

Central Arkansas Tournament - May 3rd -Results

Central Arkansas HeroScape Tournament

Date: May 3, 2008 (Saturday)

Time: 12:00 noon - 5:00 p.m.

1208 West Main Street
Jacksonville, AR 72096 (phone: 501-982-2876)

Cost: $5.00 plus a prize for the prize table

Format: Single player, 520 point armies, no Marvel this time. This will be Swiss style with four or five rounds. 24 hex starting spaces will be used.

Information about specific maps and more to come as we find out how many people we have playing.

Jacksonville is 2 hours and 5 minutes west of Memphis, 18 minutes northeast of Little Rock, 5 and a half hours from Dallas. Everyone is welcome.

It would help if you could let us know, here, that you are planning on competing. Thanks.

So far:
1. Revdyer
2. Longheroscaper
3. NEMT
4. Ben
5. Andrew
6. D
7. J
8. A friend
9. Matt
10. Mrs. LHSer
11. Jon
12. Clarissimus
13. Franklin
14. Toby
15. A friend
16. Diana
17. Parker
add your name!...well, actually, reply in this thread and I'll add your name.

Clarissimus March 21st, 2008 09:31 PM

Was there a problem with topping the first thread? Or did Rev have a senior moment? :P

rym March 21st, 2008 10:09 PM

Rev, I had originally shown interest in this tournament. But seeing as how I didn't realize it falls on the same weekend as my 1-yr old's second birthday, I regrettfully cannot attend.

Of course I could attend, but if I did attend, it's a fair bet I'd be missing all my son's birthdays from there on out, if you catch my drift.

So have fun and I'll see you the next time. :)

LongHeroscaper March 22nd, 2008 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clarissimus
Was there a problem with topping the first thread? Or did Rev have a senior moment? :P

Are you still in or not? And leave Rev alone! He is the grandfather of Arkansas Heroscape community here, both in term of age and as the root of almost all other local players. :)

LongHeroscaper March 22nd, 2008 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rym
Rev, I had originally shown interest in this tournament. But seeing as how I didn't realize it falls on the same weekend as my 1-yr old's second birthday, I regrettfully cannot attend.

Of course I could attend, but if I did attend, it's a fair bet I'd be missing all my son's birthdays from there on out, if you catch my drift.

So have fun and I'll see you the next time. :)

rym, I wish you could come. I did not get the chance to kick your ..urh... behind the last time we met (or was I lucky for not being kicked by you?). :)

Revdyer March 22nd, 2008 08:33 AM

Senior moment...I was passing a brain stone.

rym March 22nd, 2008 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LongHeroscaper
rym, I wish you could come. I did not get the chance to kick your ..urh... behind the last time we met (or was I lucky for not being kicked by you?). :)

Well, I'm sure you'd do the kicking if you were using that double Krav army again! :)
(Had to razz you about that :wink: )

Clarissimus March 22nd, 2008 10:28 AM

Yes, I am still in.

Revdyer March 22nd, 2008 04:35 PM

Quote:

Yes, I am still in.

That is great, Clarissimus!

LongHeroscaper March 23rd, 2008 08:29 AM

Quote:

Yes, I am still in.

Yes, that is great! :)

Revdyer March 24th, 2008 09:06 AM

Invitations have been sent. If you haven't been invited and want to be, just send me a PM.

LongHeroscaper March 25th, 2008 10:53 PM

At this point, we have 13 players registered. Hopefully we will have up to about 20 or so. In fact, after playing this afternoon at D's house, I convinced at least 1 of his friends and the wife and the kid to play in the tournament :) .
With the number that we have, I think we should have around 10 maps. Do we want to go for 10 different maps, or 5 maps built twice? I am sure the safest way to choose the maps is to use BoV maps. Do we want to use maps that are good but not in BoV?