Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Custom Units & Army Cards (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   The Pre-SoV Workshop (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=47761)

DanieLoche April 5th, 2013 04:28 PM

Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scytale (Post 1794625)
Quote:

Originally Posted by DanieLoche (Post 1794623)
Oh my bad, I though that when "engaged" with both a friendly and opponent's figure, you have the choice of the target.

You cannot be "engaged" with a friendly figure, only "adjacent."

I know, I know, that why I said ""engaged"" and not " engaged ". ;)

greygnarl April 11th, 2013 10:38 PM

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/7788/ulrickb.jpg

Any concerns with this guy? When I had made him I originally wanted him to have a max of 7 defense, but 7 lives helps make him Ulrick. He defintiely outclasses the other 100 pt heroes, but at 120 he's a a scrub. 115 is nice and gives us another odd pointed champion.

I know there are concerns about him overpowering Dreadguls and/or Knights, but when you look at all the other options they have they just don't get much from him. It's still a reasonable army though.

EDIT: Concerning his power level with Macdirks, he can be somewhat ignored, and Macdirks die fast. In general, I found he gives them a hearty boost though.

vegietarian18 April 11th, 2013 10:42 PM

The only concern I have is the power level, which I would hypothetically see in testing, and the name Frenzied One. I'd like to see that changed, but other than that it looks fine to me.

superfrog April 11th, 2013 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vegietarian18 (Post 1797822)
The only concern I have is the power level, which I would hypothetically see in testing, and the name Frenzied One. I'd like to see that changed, but other than that it looks fine to me.

To me, that name doesn't suggest the devotion/pledge to his Norse gods that you say it does. Even "For the Frenzied One" or "Unceasing Devotion" or "Blessing of the Frenzied One" of "Oathsworn" or something similar would be better, imo.

Arch-vile April 11th, 2013 10:59 PM

I'd like to see Berserker Charge Enhancement for the leader of the Dreadguls, and like SF and Vegie I feel the name "Frenzied One" is off. Ulrick is a really cool way to boost the MacDirks, though he doesn't quite seem to be Ulrick right now, if you know what I mean.

greygnarl April 11th, 2013 11:09 PM

If I changed him back to a Gaul and changed the power name would he be fine? I'm not super attached to him being Ulrick and I'd rather not add another power to the card.

Arch-vile April 11th, 2013 11:50 PM

If he isn't named Ulrick I'd love him, actually. Ulrick is going to be a tricky design because he's a pre-established character, so everyone has their own thoughts of what he should be. You could change general as well if you changed the name, but I'm not sure if anyone fits him better. Jandar, maybe, with a power name to fit.

greygnarl April 11th, 2013 11:52 PM

I'd rather keep Einar since he has all the historicals. Plus, the colors match. I also don't see his personality as very Jandar. More wild and battle crazed.

caps April 12th, 2013 12:06 AM

I don't like him as Ulrick. I'm not sure why the name of that power is Frenzied One. What does defense have to do with frenzy? Although it makes me think of Viking berserkers who fought with inhuman wounds when in their berserkers frenzy...

Otherwise nothing leaps out at me.

Scytale April 12th, 2013 02:40 PM

I agree with the others. Design is solid, but the name Ulrick carries a lot of baggage and Frenzied One does not fit what the power does.

I am concerned about how good he can be with Macdirks; you'll have to test that combination thoroughly.

Heroscaper Guy April 12th, 2013 02:44 PM

Might I suggest Blood Oath as the name of the power for Ulrick? He swore an oath to destroy the vikings after Valguard disappeared so it makes sense thematically.

IshMEL April 16th, 2013 06:06 PM

I've been thinking about how to fix Lord Revadac's powers, and so I've (appropriately) resurrected him in this thread. Here's what I'm thinking currently:

Miasma of Pestilence 11
When Lord Revadac receives one or more wounds from an adjacent figure's normal attack, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 11 or higher, the attacking figure receives one wound. Miasma of Pestilence does not affect Undead, Constructs, or Soulborgs.

Strike of Madness
If Lord Redavac moves adjacent to at least one friendly Squad figure, but is not engaged, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1, you must attack a friendly Squad figure.

Undead Lord
All friendly Undead Squad figures adjacent to Lord Revadac roll an additional attack die when making a normal attack [on an adjacent figure.]

Not sure if it needs that last [on an adjacent figure] bit with Undead Lord. I think the new Strike of Madness has fixed the Tandros Problem. Your thoughts and suggestions are always appreciated!