Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   HeroScape News (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Heroscape Cameo Alvin and the Chipmunks! (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=14873)

Codo December 24th, 2007 10:17 PM

Heroscape Cameo Alvin and the Chipmunks!

I took my kids to see Alvin and the Chipmunks today. Cute movie. Great for kids, OK for adults...

Anyway, in a scene where Dave is getting upset at Alvin and the gang for being spoiled by lots of gifts from the record producer, what to my wondering eyes did appear, but a 24-hex grass tile sitting on the fireplace mantle!!! :lol:

Too bad I couldn't Tivo the movie to make sure of what I saw, but maybe someone can confirm....but I know 'Scape well enough to spot terrain when I see it so I'm fairly confident that was exactly what I saw.

Codo

spiteofthedice December 24th, 2007 10:36 PM

I believe someone may have pre-confirmed this, but I'm not the type to give a carp if you're conveying old information. Good eyes, though, and I'm sorry you had to see the movie.

EDIT:Yes, the thread is on the second page of the "General Discussion" forum. It is called "Heroscape in another movie." However, the post is about a ROTV box on a mantle, so it looks like the chipmunks are pretty serious scapers. :wink:

Codo December 24th, 2007 11:19 PM

Funny, I did a search for 'Alvin Chipmunks' and when it didn't turn anything up, I figured I'd post it. I posted in this forum since it is technically 'Heroscape sightings...' :)

And I completely missed the box on the mantle.... Oh well, I don't think I'm going back to the theater to double-check... grumble, grumble, stupid $5 sodas. :x

bpwwrestling December 25th, 2007 04:49 AM

Oh, wow, that's pretty cool...I saw the movie on opening day and didn't pick up on those sightings. Ah well, it was a fun movie so it doesn't matter. :lol: Aaaaaallllllviiiiiinnnn!!!

Oyhedwig December 25th, 2007 12:42 PM

I've loved the Chipmunks ever since I was a little kid. The fact that Heroscape is in the movie is just great. I'm surprised at Chipmunk haters. *digging out copy of the Chipmunks sing the Beatles*

kboleen December 26th, 2007 03:32 AM

I enjoyed the movie. If you take for what it is, a silly little comedy, you'll enjoy it. I don't remember seeing any Hroscape pieces in it though.

spiteofthedice December 26th, 2007 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oyhedwig
I've loved the Chipmunks ever since I was a little kid. I'm surprised at Chipmunk haters.

I'm not a Chipmunk hater, the movie is just too far from the original. I've loved the Ninja Turtles since I was a little kid. Didn't go see TMNT because THOSE AREN'T THE NINJA TURTLES. That said, if you enjoyed the movie, I am more than willing to retract my bashment of the film. Like most of the things Billtog says, it may be disregarded as the ramblings of a madman.

johnny139 December 26th, 2007 10:34 AM

[quote="spiteofthedice"]
Quote:

I've loved the Ninja Turtles since I was a little kid. Didn't go see TMNT because THOSE AREN'T THE NINJA TURTLES.

Actually, considering Peter Laird (one of the two original writers for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles) had a hand in the plot and various other aspects, I'd say it, like the 2003 TV series, is a better adaptation than all the other movies and shows.

Heroscape seems to be popping up a lot recently... I wonder why? I mean, it seems no different than any other generic game in the eyes of a producer, only more expensive.

kboleen December 26th, 2007 11:07 AM

[quote="johnny139"][quote="spiteofthedice"]
Quote:

Heroscape seems to be popping up a lot recently... I wonder why? I mean, it seems no different than any other generic game in the eyes of a producer, only more expensive.

I think it's because Hasbro owns Heroscape and with the success of Star Wars, Spiderman, and Transformers, Hasbro has some clout in Hollywood and ae able to put hteir games in movies. Maybe that means there is support for Heroscape in the upper management.

HeroscaperHuh December 26th, 2007 12:12 PM

This was already talked about, although I must compliment you on your eye sight. It was in the shot for a mere second.