Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Other Board Games (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   What Board Game Are You Currently Playing? (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=23535)

Jormi_Boced November 13th, 2009 12:34 PM

Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

http://www.home.comcast.net/~fleschj...s/warbands.pdf

There are the rules. It is kind of like in between full fledged WHFB and Mordheim. It is some pretty fun stuff.

hex706f726368 November 13th, 2009 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CheddarLimbo (Post 955106)
Has anyone played Castle Panic? I watched a video review/tutorial last night and it seems interesting enough... Co-Op Tower Defense in boardgame form... But it seems like it would wear out its welcome pretty quickly. Anyone have it?

I saw Scott Nicholson's video review of it recently (not sure if that's the one you're talking about) and it looked good enough to convince me to put it in my list of games that I add to cart to push me over the free shipping threshold.

So, basically next game I just gotta have...I'll have a side of castle panic with it. :D

Sweetcurse November 13th, 2009 03:00 PM

I always liked Mordheim much more than full WH so I will look into this.

Jormi_Boced November 13th, 2009 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweetcurse (Post 956147)

Yeah, Mordheim looks pretty fun. Almost like an RPG.

Sweetcurse November 13th, 2009 03:55 PM

I truly LOVE MH, awesome fun!

Dignan November 13th, 2009 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jormi_Boced (Post 956183)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweetcurse (Post 956147)

Yeah, Mordheim looks pretty fun. Almost like an RPG.

Necromunda is the way to go. Man, we had a blast running a campaign of that back in the day. Good times.

CheddarLimbo November 13th, 2009 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hex706f726368 (Post 956130)
Quote:

Has anyone played Castle Panic? I watched a video review/tutorial last night and it seems interesting enough... Co-Op Tower Defense in boardgame form... But it seems like it would wear out its welcome pretty quickly. Anyone have it?

I saw Scott Nicholson's video review of it recently (not sure if that's the one you're talking about) and it looked good enough to convince me to put it in my list of games that I add to cart to push me over the free shipping threshold.

So, basically next game I just gotta have...I'll have a side of castle panic with it. :D

Yes! It was Scott's review.

I think the only thing holding me back at this point that it seems like after about 5 plays I will have experienced all the game has to offer. Though it seems like there's an opportunity for new monster exmansions and defenses later on...

A_Train November 13th, 2009 07:22 PM

Aboot to sit down for some Settlers of Catan tonight.

Hahnarama November 13th, 2009 09:06 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I played it last Saturday. Great twist on the Co-Op game. We found ourselves trading cards and helping each other out until it got down to the last 2-3 rounds. You start looking at your monster kill vs everyone else vs is the center keep going to fall.

mad_wookiee November 13th, 2009 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hahnarama (Post 956392)
Quote:

Quote:

I played it last Saturday. Great twist on the Co-Op game. We found ourselves trading cards and helping each other out until it got down to the last 2-3 rounds. You start looking at your monster kill vs everyone else vs is the center keep going to fall.

Just played tonight with my boys - fun lighter coop. For kids, it's an instant hit. There's enough randomness to keep the tension up and the us vs me element is a nice twist. I'm not sure how well it will hold up with adults but for kids it's a great game. I think it certainly has potential - there's enough of Cutthroat Caverns in here to make me think it could generate some interesting decisions late in the game. For $30 or so, it's a solid buy.

Jormi_Boced November 13th, 2009 11:02 PM

I played Stronghold tonight! It was pretty cool. I have a better handle on it now, so I am excited to give it a try again tomorrow. the rulebook is a mess though:(

A_Train November 14th, 2009 12:01 AM

Stronghold looks interesting, though perhaps too complicated for most of my potential opponents.