Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Other Board Games (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   What Board Game Are You Currently Playing? (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=23535)

Elstree April 13th, 2010 06:53 PM

Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eirikr (Post 1062716)
Did the figures come painted?

Nope.

champrjk April 13th, 2010 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elstree (Post 1062521)
The Chinese don't really have the numbers to do much to Japan except to pose a mild threat of retaking a single province at any given time, but they are an annoyance that can't be ignored. Wiping them out means occupying all seven of the territories they have at the start of the game--a time consuming and expensive proposition for Japan. When continued Chinese harassment is combined with, say, a factory in India that's churning out five tanks each turn, then you've got a problem. ;)

Is it even possible to produce five takes in India per turn? I thought the production limit was 3. I find that the chinese addition to the game make it a lot more difficult for the japanese to get a good foothold in inland asia. I need to play A&A again sometime soon. Great game.

Jim April 13th, 2010 10:39 PM

Tuesday Night Gaming saw Don Quixote and Peloponnes hit the table.

Elstree April 14th, 2010 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by champrjk (Post 1063151)
Is it even possible to produce five takes in India per turn? I thought the production limit was 3. I find that the chinese addition to the game make it a lot more difficult for the japanese to get a good foothold in inland asia. I need to play A&A again sometime soon. Great game.

There are some new research developments in the 50th Anniversary Edition, one of which boosts the manufacturing capacity of all your factories by two units per turn. The UK player in our game managed to get this development, so he was able to produce five tanks per turn in India instead of the usual three. That was a real game changer.

nyys April 14th, 2010 08:11 AM

Couple games of Ninja vs Ninja last night. Love the 10-15 minute nich this game hits. Much better than a mind numbing episode of SpongeBob before bed.

MattserTruckRally April 14th, 2010 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyys (Post 1062705)

Neuroshima Hex looks like another great game. The only reason I don't own it is the age requirement (my son is 7). I made the mistake of ignoring the age (12 or 13) on the box when I asked for Grind for Christmas. It's still collecting dust, and I imagine will continue to do so for a while.

Other games that came along with my Memoir 44 order: More Scape, Roll Through the Ages, Infinite City, Battle Line, and Ba'tle Kh'aos (no way I spelled that right).

Yeah it's my big worry that it may be to much for him. He is 14 so it's pretty iffy. He did manage to beat me at the first game of Ingenious he ever played and we've split a lot of other games. If it's to much for him then I'll be defaulting to a weekend filled with Summoner Wars, Heroscape, and Dominion which is still pretty freakin awesome.

southwest ninja April 14th, 2010 10:44 AM

Tried out Small world last night and it was great. Also managed to get in a game of last night on earth as well. I'm glad I picked up the revenge of the undead addition.

whitestuff April 14th, 2010 10:51 AM

Descent: Journeys in the I got beaten... again.

ewabbie April 14th, 2010 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dignan (Post 1061560)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweetcurse (Post 1061532)
I so wished I could have been there for that. I need to move to Dallas.

Yeah, man, get with the program and move up here. You're totally missing out. :D

I was in Dallas last week. Plano to be exact. Our software vendor Retalix is out there. I will be back in Novemeber. I always like to check out game stores when I am out of town. Any around Plano?

Onacara April 14th, 2010 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyys (Post 1062705)
Neuroshima Hex looks like another great game. The only reason I don't own it is the age requirement (my son is 7). I made the mistake of ignoring the age (12 or 13) on the box when I asked for Grind for Christmas. It's still collecting dust, and I imagine will continue to do so for a while.

Other games that came along with my Memoir 44 order: More Scape, Roll Through the Ages, Infinite City, Battle Line, and Ba'tle Kh'aos (no way I spelled that right).

You can always send Grind to me to hold onto for you for the next few years till PJ is old enough :wink:

On topic....My wife and I played a few games of Baristas (near future RnR release) and I think I hooked her. :excited:

Dignan April 14th, 2010 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ewabbie (Post 1063648)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dignan (Post 1061560)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweetcurse (Post 1061532)
I so wished I could have been there for that. I need to move to Dallas.

Yeah, man, get with the program and move up here. You're totally missing out. :D

I was in Dallas last week. Plano to be exact. Our software vendor Retalix is out there. I will be back in Novemeber. I always like to check out game stores when I am out of town. Any around Plano?

Yep, Madness Games and Comics is in Plano. That's where we hold most of the Dallas area tournaments. They just got a brand new store and it's awesome. Definitely worth checking out.

If you are ever in Plano on a Thursday night, you should shoot me a PM. My regular Heroscape night is then and I'm right there.

chas April 15th, 2010 09:44 AM

;) Dignan,

Since you're into Eastern Front Memoir, I recently got and haven't played yet the new SWORD OF STALINGRAD (Battle Map #3), which includes two giant Overlord Stalingrad maps, x2 two player Stalingrads, and a new 20 card Urban Combat Deck (used with the regular deck, somewhat as the Lore Deck in Battle Lore is used). You also get an update including some new reference cards for older modules.

I'm planning two Fantasy games for the next couple of months when our multiplayer board game group meets. These are Age of Gods and War For the Throne. The latter is set in the Exalted Roleplaying Universe.