Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of C3G Destructible Object Rules (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=55039)

Lazy Orang January 7th, 2020 05:22 AM

Re: The Book of Vehicle Rules

Wait, just noticed something -
Why is the Sports Car Unique? Thematically it should be Uncommon.

IAmBatman January 7th, 2020 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazy Orang (Post 2341382)
Wait, just noticed something -
Why is the Sports Car Unique? Thematically it should be Uncommon.

Good point. Thematically, and it was also tested that way! We'll need an update on the card for it before release.

Tornado January 16th, 2020 04:51 PM

Did we ever discuss No Cover for VDOs like motorcycles?

IAmBatman January 16th, 2020 07:40 PM

Discuss, yes. Finalize rules for? No.

Tornado January 16th, 2020 11:16 PM

Is that something we want to do?
Mostly it would just be being able to attack the Driver adjacently correct?

IAmBatman January 16th, 2020 11:30 PM

I have no plans to LD any open vehicles. I'm not against others doing so if that's what they want.

MrNobody January 16th, 2020 11:33 PM

I honestly think it makes sense for them to be partial cover anyways - they are technically providing some cover. It just seems like making most of the motorcycle green is a lot easier than making up a whole new ruleset for people to remember.

IAmBatman January 16th, 2020 11:38 PM

I agree with the concept of partial cover for them. Figuring out their hitzones will be tricky. Honestly, though, having vehicles that expose their driver seat but don't have an actual figure there will always look odd to me anyway.

Yodaking January 17th, 2020 02:03 PM

I did print off a Cobra Fang single person helicopter and the pilot is fully exposed above the waist. I don't know if I'll ever get around to doing it or not as a VDO, but it would make sense to me to allow for some vehicles within our rules that allow for the driver/pilot to be shot directly at.

IAmBatman January 17th, 2020 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yodaking (Post 2342625)
I did print off a Cobra Fang single person helicopter and the pilot is fully exposed above the waist. I don't know if I'll ever get around to doing it or not as a VDO, but it would make sense to me to allow for some vehicles within our rules that allow for the driver/pilot to be shot directly at.

Glad to hear it! :-) I encourage you to read the Partial Cover section of the completed rule book.

Yodaking January 17th, 2020 02:44 PM

Will do. I've lost track of where the rules are currently at. Sorry, just trying to be more engaged and helpful now I've returned to full hero status. Is the question then just no cover at all for motorcycle riders, while someone sitting in a convertible is already addressed as partial cover? Ghost Rider already has a motorcycle, plus we have Hawkeye II and Two Gun Kid on skycylces. I would think someone riding a motorcycle VDO would be treated the same way as they are.

IAmBatman January 17th, 2020 04:38 PM

Ghost Rider and Hawkeye II are treated as figures, not VDOs. So there's that.

We currently have Full Cover and Partial Cover VDOs. Partial Cover let you shoot in and out with the hit zones established by the "target points" (which are much larger than normal ones) on the vehicle. I imagine a convertible would have a pretty significant targeting area.