Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Spider-Man (Miles Morales) (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=49995)

Lord Pyre March 7th, 2014 02:18 PM

The Book of Spider-Man (Miles Morales)

The Book of Spider-Man (Miles Morales)

C3G MARVEL SUPER SECRET EXCLUSIVE 40
AMAZING SPIDER-MEN

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...iles_comic.png

Comic PDF

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...Miles_mini.png

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Amazing Spider-Man set.
Its model number and name are #039 / Spider-Man.

Character Bio - Miles was born and raised in Brooklyn and has an aptitude for science much like his predecessor, Peter Parker. Miles regularly visited his Uncle Aaron (Who also happened to be the super thief Prowler) against his parents' wishes. While they discussed school opportunities, an Oz-enhanced spider emerged from Aaron's bag and bit Miles on his hand. When Aaron and Miles' dad were arguing, Miles ran out, and then realized that he was starting to become invisible. After telling his best friend Ganke that he has powers, Miles soon has no choice in using his powers to save people trapped inside a burning building. Afterward, he tells Ganke that he is not cut out to be a superhero and does not want to do anything like that again.
While Miles and Ganke are adjusting to life at Brooklyn Visions Academy, Miles and his classmates are called to the school gym in the middle of the night. The students are informed that Queensboro Bridge has been turned into a super hero war zone and that Spider-Man has been shot. Miles then sneaks out of the Academy and goes where Spider-Man is fighting Green Goblin. He arrives right when Peter dies in the arms of his loved ones. Miles and Ganke later attend the funeral and Miles talks to Gwen Stacy, asking why Peter became a superhero. She explained to him that he did it because, "With great power comes great responsibility". Given a costume by SHIELD, and Peter Parker's own web shooters, along with a blessing by Peter's Aunt May, Miles decides to become the next Spider-Man in honor of Peter Parker.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

ImmunitiesBenefitsWeaknesses
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-
Card Updates:
21 November 2020 - Swing Line wording update

Lord Pyre March 7th, 2014 02:19 PM

Re: The Book of Spider-Man (Miles Morales) ~~ Design Phase

NAME = SPIDER-MAN
SECRET IDENTITY = MILES MORALES

SPECIES = MUTATE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CRIME FIGHTER
PERSONALITY = RELUCTANT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 170

SWING LINE 4
Instead of his normal move, Spider-Man may move up to 4 spaces with Swing Line. When moving with Swing Line, Spider-Man has the Flying special power, but may not move up or down more than 40 levels in a single swing, and will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

VENOM BLAST STUN 13
After attacking an adjacent Unique Hero with Spider-Man's normal attack, if you rolled one or more blanks, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 13 or higher, you may remove an unrevealed Order Marker at random from the defending figure's Army Card.

SPIDER CAMOUFLAGE
If Spider-Man is unengaged, he cannot be targeted by opponents' figures for any attacks or special powers that require clear sight. If Spider-Man is unengaged at the beginning of his turn, you may roll 1 additional attack die this turn.

SUPER STRENGTH

johnny139 March 7th, 2014 03:02 PM

Still fine by me - but still don't like the overlap between "Venom Blast" and Spider-Woman's "Venom Blast Special Attack" name-wise, since they're two completely different powers.

Lord Pyre March 7th, 2014 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnny139 (Post 1918337)
Still fine by me - but still don't like the overlap between "Venom Blast" and Spider-Woman's "Venom Blast Special Attack" name-wise, since they're two completely different powers.

I'd prefer to keep it as is, since that's what it's called in the comic, plus Spider-Woman has "Special Attack" tacked on, so people shouldn't confuse them.

I'm willing to compromise and can add "Stun" to the end here, I just prefer not to. :)

IAmBatman March 7th, 2014 03:16 PM

I agree with Johnny. :up: Looks good other than that.

A3n March 7th, 2014 06:50 PM

Have to agree with the others here. Good write up except the name of the power. Maybe if you had another word in front of it.
_____ Venom Blast

quozl March 7th, 2014 06:51 PM

Spider Venom Blast

Spidey'tilIDie March 8th, 2014 02:36 AM

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Amazing Spider-Man set.
Its model number and name are #039 / Spider-Man.

I believe you are looking for this. Also, everything I have read calls it a Venom Strike.

IAmBatman March 8th, 2014 11:41 AM

Venom Strike sounds good to me! :up:

Lord Pyre March 8th, 2014 12:07 PM

I'll double check my comics, but I'm 99% sure he calls it Venom Blast constantly in the comics, so changing it to strike would be a theme break for me.

We could do Venom Blast Stun, otherwise!

Spidey'tilIDie March 8th, 2014 10:14 PM

Well, Marvel Wiki calls it a Venom Strike. :shrug:

johnny139 March 8th, 2014 10:53 PM

Venom Strike would be my preference, but I'll double-check myself (with the power of Marvel Unlimited!) as to its thematics. If it's referred to as a Venom Blast, though, "Venom Blast Stun" is fine by me.