Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Marvel Discussion (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Marvel draft points? (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=54839)

cmgames April 26th, 2018 11:09 PM

Marvel draft points?

I've never done a M:tCB draft. What is a good draft points number for drafting from a single Marvel set for a 2-player game?

~Z

L0B5T3R May 25th, 2018 07:25 AM

Re: Marvel draft points?

I see nobody responded here. Sorry about that. I have never played with the Marvel set exclusively but in C3G land 1,000 points is a popular army size for each team. Some thematic teams like the Fantastic Four and the original X-Men are costed at 1,000 total.

Lazy Orang May 25th, 2018 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmgames (Post 2191132)
I've never done a M:tCB draft. What is a good draft points number for drafting from a single Marvel set for a 2-player game?

~Z

I think you might struggle when it comes to effectively drafting from a single Marvel set. I'd recommend sprinkling superheroes into Classic armies or expanding a little into C3G.

wriggz May 25th, 2018 08:48 AM

Quote:

~Z

I've found the best way to play marvel is with 3 or more players and random draws. RANDOM DRAWS? I here you say, but due to multi player dynamics the strongest player will draw the ire of the others to quickly balance the game.

Super fun!

Kliebert September 7th, 2019 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wriggz (Post 2194868)
Quote:

I've never done a M:tCB draft. What is a good fat burners option and draft points number for drafting from a single Marvel set for a 2-player game?

~Z

I've found the best way to play marvel is with 3 or more players and random draws. RANDOM DRAWS? I here you say, but due to multi player dynamics the strongest player will draw the ire of the others to quickly balance the game.

Super fun!

Does the game become unbalanced quickly?

japes September 7th, 2019 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kliebert (Post 2312127)
Does the game become unbalanced quickly?

Not if you have the same total of points in your army. The above comment is referring to a random draw type game where the armies may not be balanced but since there are multiple players...the player that randomly gets lucky and has a higher point team will find he's quickly ganged up on by the other players...until he's weakened and one of the other guys realizes it's time to shift focus as now a new leader has emerged.

Lord Pyre September 16th, 2019 12:00 PM

If you just have one Marvel set, it's best balanced as Heroes vs. Villains.

So one player plays Spider-man, Captain America, Silver Surfer, Hulk, and Iron Man.

And the other player plays Dr. Doom, Venom, Thanos, Red Skull, and Abomination.

The point totals aren't an exact match, but they're quite balanced against each other.

cmgames September 17th, 2019 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Pyre (Post 2313972)
If you just have one Marvel set, it's best balanced as Heroes vs. Villains.

So one player plays Spider-man, Captain America, Silver Surfer, Hulk, and Iron Man.

And the other player plays Dr. Doom, Venom, Thanos, Red Skull, and Abomination.

The point totals aren't an exact match, but they're quite balanced against each other.

Good to know. Thanks.

~Z

Snuffelupecus March 24th, 2020 12:48 PM

Me and my cousin are working on building a custom 2500 pt team. He is going to build a DC team and Im going to build a Marvel team and then we are going to battle. Very excited

Tornado March 24th, 2020 01:21 PM

What cards are you using?

lefton4ya March 25th, 2020 09:43 AM

It hasn't been updated in awhile, but see Super Hero Draft Cards with armies at point totals at 400, 600, 1000, 1200, 1600, 2000, and 2500. You can print out the Army PDFs and cut out, then draft or randomly pick the army.