Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   Our Darkest Secret (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=35418)

IAmBatman March 29th, 2011 09:35 AM

Our Darkest Secret

Does anyone think it's time to just tell folks?

tcglkn March 29th, 2011 09:41 AM

Re: Our Darkest Secret

Is this the one about Griffin?

IAmBatman March 29th, 2011 09:55 AM

Could it be anything else?

tcglkn March 29th, 2011 10:00 AM

Just making sure I was on the same page here, being the new guy and all...

IAmBatman March 29th, 2011 10:21 AM

Yeah ... but, seriously ... how do we even go about telling people something like ... that?

SirGalahad March 29th, 2011 10:28 AM

If we want people to understand where some of his public posts are coming from, so that they don't think that we're all like that, we probably should.

But how do we go about doing something like that?

Front page isn't the way to go -- lots of people who would have no interest in why he is the way he is would see that. Although it might drive more viewers to C3G . . .

DW's thread? Then we'd be targeting the audience that we already have.

I'm not sure. What does everyone else think?

BTW, you did hide this thread from him, right?

tcglkn March 29th, 2011 10:31 AM

Public Directory is where our more "official" announcements go...

SirGalahad March 29th, 2011 10:35 AM

I suppose, but a lot of people don't look there first.

Although, that's probably not a bad idea, since then we could never be called on the carpet for not providing full disclosure.

Balantai April 1st, 2011 11:51 AM

Since our Inner Sanctum is now public knowledge anyway, I'll just tell them. Griffin and Balantai are the same person. I log in as Griffin when I want to work on C3G stuff and I log in as Balantai when I want to work on my own customs. Why else do you think Griffin doesn't have his own customs thread? It's because all my custom work gets logged as Balantai. I like it because I can be the bad guy when I'm logged in as Griffin and be the good guy when I'm logged is as Balantai. At first I did it because I wanted to give my points more weight, but then it became a fun game. Arguing back and forth with yourself is a lot of fun. All the clues have been there for a long time. I'm suprised nobody ever figured it out besides Bats. Heck, it was hard explaining this to the other heroes. Well there you go, everyone. I hope there are no hard feelings. And if anyone doesn't believe me, just PM Balantai or Griffin. I'll respond.

IAmBatman April 1st, 2011 11:52 AM

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_p-dovuYBEU...600/catbag.jpg

Balantai April 1st, 2011 11:58 AM

For you still nonbelievers, Balantai orginally resigned as a C3G Hero when Bats figured it out. Bats didn't think it was fair that I was getting double designs and that's quite valid. It wasn't. Then, when we allowed some new art members into the Outer Sanctum, we needed to give Balantai a reason for being seen viewing the threads, so Bats and I decided to create a dummy title for Balantai that would allow me to be logged in as Balantai but still keep up to date on the threads. In all honesty, in my opinion, it was quite ingenious.

Here are a few characteristics I use when I'm logged in as Griffin.
  • Frequent word misspellings
  • Always misuse "their", "they're", and "there"
  • Shoot first ask questions later

Griffin April 1st, 2011 12:35 PM

As Balantai, it is my mission to not play the official game, only my customs, that way I have a clear understanding of what "I" am talking about without any official precedents confusing me. :)