Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of C3G Destructible Object Rules (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=55039)

Margloth March 6th, 2019 01:00 AM

Re: Draftable Vehicles Discussion Thread (Public Testing)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tornado (Post 2260451)
If you put hexes on the card where you place the figures, they could attack each other while in the car, also you could designate the Driver's seat.

If you’re going to go this level of complexity, I think Tornado hit the nail on the head here. Are the cards big enough to allow this? Maybe a reverse side image?

This would also allow you to have an “inside the vehicle battle” ala Deadpool, which would be sweet.

IAmBatman March 6th, 2019 08:50 AM

So I think we have two realistic options here:

1. Put a space on the cards to designate a driver, then do as quozl says and have all other passengers basically be all engaged/in clear sight within the vehicle, but not with designated spaces. There should be room on the cars to achieve this, IMO.

2. Create an addition to the cards/extra printable strip of hexes to fit all the figures on. I just don't see any way that a multiple passenger vehicle would be able to fit hexes for each passenger on the card itself.

Thoughts? Preferences? Votes for preferences?

Tornado March 6th, 2019 11:01 AM

I prefer to have the hexes on the card over a single hex. I believe you can fit two on a normal card really easily. More would be more difficult but you could superimpose the hexes over the text and art for up to seven hexes on a card.
I would like to hear from the art team as they have to do the extra work here.
Though I may be able to help here once I get Photoshop.

Yodaking March 6th, 2019 01:44 PM

Since the figures in the vehicle are in the vehicle and not on the board, with LOS and range now being counted from a vehicle that may only cover 2 hexes itself, we don't really need the spaces inside the vehicle to be hex shaped for any reason do we? Could we just have a block of 4 square spaces for the 4 seats in a passenger card? Two front seats & two back seats.

IAmBatman March 6th, 2019 02:39 PM

As long as they can reasonably fit standard sized bases, I think it's OK to go non-hex.

Knowing how we like to fill out the power text area on Army Cards I worry how putting spaces for each passenger will restrict us. Is that even doable for the Mole Machine, for instance?

Yodaking March 6th, 2019 03:00 PM

What if the the vehicle seating arrangement chart was on the back of the card? You would have to flip it over anytime someone was in the vehicle, but most of them shouldn't be to complicated a power set that you need to constantly re-read the powers. Maybe include some 'basic' side info like def. and life along side the seating chart.

IAmBatman March 6th, 2019 08:53 PM

I don't like that idea. Because the whole reason to have cards is to be able to reference the special powers. We shouldn't make that a chore for folks.

I guess we should consult the art team before going any further to see what they're capable of on this, what they think would be a good idea for the aesthetics of the project, and whether any of them would be up for spearheading the art side of things for this!
@Scapemage @Arkham @tcglkn @japes @A3n

That's all the reasonably active art dept. members I can think of. Let me know if I missed anyone.

Basically what we're trying to do here, art team, is create Vehicle Destructible Objects that include designations for where the passengers are sitting, especially the drivers.

I came up with these two potential options:

1. Put a space on the cards to designate a driver, then do as quozl says and have all other passengers basically be all engaged/in clear sight within the vehicle, but not with designated spaces. There should be room on the cars to achieve this, IMO.

2. Create an addition to the cards/extra printable strip of hexes to fit all the figures on. I just don't see any way that a multiple passenger vehicle would be able to fit hexes for each passenger on the card itself.

Tornado chimed in with a third potential option:

3. I prefer to have the hexes on the card over a single hex. I believe you can fit two on a normal card really easily. More would be more difficult but you could superimpose the hexes over the text and art for up to seven hexes on a card.

and Yodaking a fourth:

4. What if the the vehicle seating arrangement chart was on the back of the card? You would have to flip it over anytime someone was in the vehicle, but most of them shouldn't be to complicated a power set that you need to constantly re-read the powers. Maybe include some 'basic' side info like def. and life along side the seating chart.

I would personally be against anything that made it difficult to reference the special powers on the card. But the point of this post is to hear from you fine folks in the Art Department. Thoughts? Feelings? General apathy? Excited engagement? :-D

IAmBatman March 6th, 2019 08:53 PM

I don't like that idea. Because the whole reason to have cards is to be able to reference the special powers. We shouldn't make that a chore for folks.

I guess we should consult the art team before going any further to see what they're capable of on this, what they think would be a good idea for the aesthetics of the project, and whether any of them would be up for spearheading the art side of things for this!

@Scapemage
@Arkham
@tcglkn
@japes
@A3n

That's all the reasonably active art dept. members I can think of. Let me know if I missed anyone.

Basically what we're trying to do here, art team, is create Vehicle Destructible Objects that include designations for where the passengers are sitting, especially the drivers.

I came up with these two potential options:

Tornado chimed in with a third potential option:

3. I prefer to have the hexes on the card over a single hex. I believe you can fit two on a normal card really easily. More would be more difficult but you could superimpose the hexes over the text and art for up to seven hexes on a card.

and Yodaking a fourth:

4. What if the the vehicle seating arrangement chart was on the back of the card? You would have to flip it over anytime someone was in the vehicle, but most of them shouldn't be to complicated a power set that you need to constantly re-read the powers. Maybe include some 'basic' side info like def. and life along side the seating chart.

I would personally be against anything that made it difficult to reference the special powers on the card. But the point of this post is to hear from you fine folks in the Art Department. Thoughts? Feelings? General apathy? Excited engagement? :-D

A3n March 6th, 2019 09:43 PM

What is the issue you are trying to solve with all that? (sorry I don't have the time read through the thread atm)

Why does it matter who is driving? This is a game not a simulation. KISS!

IAmBatman March 6th, 2019 09:48 PM

Unfortunately KISS has failed the fun test with our testers, which means we're opening it up to make figures in Vehicles more of a part of the battlefield.

This means allowing for clear sight into vehicles, which means an occupying figure could potentially be mind controlled. Which means you could potentially have two figures of different armies occupying the same vehicle.

Which, under the current rules set, would make the vehicle get automatically destroyed. But if I drop 200 points for the Batmobile or something and someone String Pulls my Batman while Robin is riding shotgun and that auto destroys my Batmobile, that kinda sucks.

However if there are designated spaces for the figures to occupy, we can change the "auto-destroy" rules.

Does that make sense? Briefest rundown I could give without leaving out essential information.

johnny139 March 6th, 2019 10:09 PM

I think there's a simpler solution than designating spaces and occupancy and stuff - "if a vehicle is occupied, opponent's figures cannot enter that vehicle. If a figure's controller would change while it occupies the vehicle, if that vehicle is occupied by multiple figures, that player must first remove the figure they are taking control of from the vehicle." Or something like that. He automatically jumps out (or gets kicked out). Doesn't always make sense but it's a game not a simulation, yadda yadda yadda.

IAmBatman March 6th, 2019 10:11 PM

That is an option that would let us otherwise continue with the direction we're heading in now. What do you guys think - Tornado and Yodaking especially since you were arguing for the designated driver direction?