Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

SirGalahad March 2nd, 2013 02:18 AM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamaclown (Post 1773804)
It seems that we are moving more and more into the territory of the convoluted powers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1772868)
Hide 11
If an opponent's figure begins its move unengaged with Katniss Everdeen and ends its move engaged with Katniss Everdeen, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 11 or higher, you may move Katniss Everdeen up to 3 spaces as long as she ends her movement unengaged. That figure cannot attack Katniss Everdeen this turn. When Katniss Everdeen moves with Hide, she will not take leaving engagement attacks.

This power captures the essence of who Katniss is while also remaining simple and enjoyable.

I agree that the power is moving into an area of over complexity.
Light touches are usually best. I would suggest the edits above for grammar and consistency.

mac122 March 2nd, 2013 02:33 AM

So you are not in favor of adding the adustment to the d20 roll for multiple attempts in a turn?
Quote:

HIDE 11
If an opponent's figure begins it's move non-adjacent to Katniss Everdeen and ends it's move adjacent to Katniss Everdeen, roll the 20-sided die. Subtract 1 from your roll for each additional time Katniss Everdeen uses Hide in the same turn. If you roll an 11 or higher, you may move Katniss Everdeen up to 3 spaces as long as she ends her movement unengaged and that figure cannot attack Katniss Everdeen this turn. When Katniss Everdeen moves with Hide, she does not take leaving engagement attacks.

SirGalahad March 2nd, 2013 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 1774048)
So you are not in favor of adding the adustment to the d20 roll for multiple attempts in a turn?
Quote:

HIDE 11
If an opponent's figure begins it's move non-adjacent to Katniss Everdeen and ends it's move adjacent to Katniss Everdeen, roll the 20-sided die. Subtract 1 from your roll for each additional time Katniss Everdeen uses Hide in the same turn. If you roll an 11 or higher, you may move Katniss Everdeen up to 3 spaces as long as she ends her movement unengaged and that figure cannot attack Katniss Everdeen this turn. When Katniss Everdeen moves with Hide, she does not take leaving engagement attacks.

I am concerned about how it would be interpreted that she would work against "frenzy" squads (or heroes for that matter) or bonding combos like the dwarves. The term "turn" is unclear as to whether if refers to the player or the figure/squad (does she need a 15 to hide from the last dwarf? if enough Vipers frenzy, can she not hide at all?) so I think it would just be cleaner to allow her a 50-50 chance each time to Hide.

mac122 March 2nd, 2013 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirGalahad (Post 1774087)
Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 1774048)
Quote:

HIDE 11

I am concerned about how it would be interpreted that she would work against "frenzy" squads (or heroes for that matter) or bonding combos like the dwarves. The term "turn" is unclear as to whether if refers to the player or the figure/squad (does she need a 15 to hide from the last dwarf? if enough Vipers frenzy, can she not hide at all?) so I think it would just be cleaner to allow her a 50-50 chance each time to Hide.

I'm fine with it either way. The additional difficulty of getting away from multiple figures was an attempt to address Confred's concerns, though not in the same way he imagined. It also make sense that if I have 3 or 4 people after me, it's going to be harder to get away from all of them than a single figure.

I guess I don't see "turn" as ambiguously as you. Turn bonding and Frenzy each give an additional turn, so Hide would reset. If everything fell into place, the Tarn, using Berserker Charge could eventually push the roll too high for her to use Hide.

In the end, I liked the 50/50 version and I like the increasing difficulty version. I'll go along with whatever the majority decide.

JC McMinis March 2nd, 2013 01:02 PM

yes let's keep it at 50/50 and not get it to overcomplicated.

Sock March 2nd, 2013 03:11 PM

Quote:

Hide 11
If an opponent's figure begins its move unengaged with Katniss Everdeen and ends its move engaged with Katniss Everdeen, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 11 or higher, you may move Katniss Everdeen up to 3 spaces as long as she ends her movement unengaged. That figure cannot attack Katniss Everdeen this turn. When Katniss Everdeen moves with Hide, she will not take leaving engagement attacks.
You may want to change the wording to:

Once per turn, if an opponent’s figure ends its movement adjacent to Katniss Everdeen and onto a space where that figure can end it's movement, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 11 or higher, Katniss Everdeen may immediately move up to 3 spaces. Katniss Everdeen will not take any leaving engagement attacks when moving with Hide. Katniss Everdeen can use this power only if she ends her Hide move not adjacent to any enemy figures.

This is the same wording as 'Slippery 6' from the C3V figure Elaria the Pale

SirGalahad March 2nd, 2013 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sock (Post 1774241)
Quote:

Hide 11

Once per turn, if an opponent’s figure ends its movement adjacent to Katniss Everdeen and onto a space where that figure can end it's movement, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 11 or higher, Katniss Everdeen may immediately move up to 3 spaces. Katniss Everdeen will not take any leaving engagement attacks when moving with Hide. Katniss Everdeen can use this power only if she ends her Hide move not adjacent to any enemy figures.

That changes the power, removing her opportunity to Hide from an entire squad. I'm also not sure how a figure could end its movement on a space where it can't end its movement (so why is that verbiage necessary?).

Leave it as is, since it is a separate power, with a separate name.

Sock March 2nd, 2013 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirGalahad (Post 1774252)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sock (Post 1774241)
Quote:

Hide 11

That changes the power, removing her opportunity to Hide from an entire squad. I'm also not sure how a figure could end its movement on a space where it can't end its movement (so why is that verbiage necessary?).

Leave it as is, since it is a separate power, with a separate name.

Just remove the 'Once per turn' at the beginning to hide from squads. I think that the 'space where that figure may end it's movement' is included for double-spaced figures, but it might have something to do with movement activated powers. Either way, the C3V team probably has the more 'official' wording.

(Not trying to be annoying or nit-picky here. Tell me if this is unhelpful and I'll stop)

mac122 March 2nd, 2013 04:41 PM

No, that actually is helpful and brings up a good point about double spaced figures. Thanks for you input Sock.

Hide reworded based on Slippery:

HIDE 11
If an opponent’s figure moves adjacent to Katniss Everdeen and onto a space where that figure can end its movement, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 11 or higher, Katniss Everdeen may immediately move up to 3 spaces. Katniss Everdeen will not take any leaving engagement attacks when moving with Hide. Katniss Everdeen can use this power only if she ends her Hide move not adjacent to any enemy figures.

SirGalahad March 2nd, 2013 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 1774272)
No, that actually is helpful and brings up a good point about double spaced figures. Thanks for you input Sock.

Hide reworded based on Slippery:

HIDE 11
If an opponent’s figure moves adjacent to Katniss Everdeen and onto a space where that figure can end its movement, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 11 or higher, Katniss Everdeen may immediately move up to 3 spaces. Katniss Everdeen will not take any leaving engagement attacks when moving with Hide. Katniss Everdeen can use this power only if she ends her Hide move not adjacent to any enemy figures.

You could conserve a few more words:

HIDE 11
If an opponent’s figure moves adjacent to Katniss Everdeen and onto a space where that figure can end its movement, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 11 or higher, Katniss Everdeen may immediately move up to 3 spaces if she ends her move not adjacent to any enemy figures. Katniss Everdeen will not take any leaving engagement attacks when moving with Hide.

McHotcakes March 2nd, 2013 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirGalahad (Post 1774305)
HIDE 11
If an opponent’s figure moves adjacent to Katniss Everdeen and onto a space where that figure can end its movement, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 11 or higher, then the figure may not attack Katniss this turn, and Katniss may immediately move up to 3 spaces. Katniss may only roll for this ability if she is able to end her move unengaged. Katniss Everdeen will not take any leaving engagement attacks when moving with Hide.

Just some ideas. I still want Katniss to not be able to be attacked from somebody that she hides from.

Lamaclown March 2nd, 2013 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McHotcakes (Post 1774318)
Quote:

Originally Posted by SirGalahad (Post 1774305)
HIDE 11
If an opponent’s figure moves adjacent to Katniss Everdeen and onto a space where that figure can end its movement, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 11 or higher, then the figure may not attack Katniss this turn, and Katniss may immediately move up to 3 spaces. Katniss may only roll for this ability if she is able to end her move unengaged. Katniss Everdeen will not take any leaving engagement attacks when moving with Hide.

Just some ideas. I still want Katniss to not be able to be attacked from somebody that she hides from.

:thumbsup: