Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

Lamaclown February 27th, 2013 11:28 AM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 1772102)
Quote:

Originally Posted by jcmcminis (Post 1771849)
For some reason I cant see certain images on my phone. Mac are all the pics in the dislay thread on photobuckey?

This could be your problem. I haven't used Photobuckey since he fell off the Hydra train. :wink:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1772098)
I agree with McHotcakes. I'd prefer is they are unable to attack her at all. Thematically, it shows that they looked for Katniss, but she moved away just in time so that she could hide nearby.

HIDE 11
If an opponent's figure begins it's move non-adjacent to Katniss and ends it's move adjacent to Katniss, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 11 or higher you may move Katniss up to 3 spaces and for the remainder of the turn, Katniss does not have any visible hit zones. When Katniss moves with Escape, she does not take leaving engagement attacks.

:word:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1772100)
Quote:

Originally Posted by jcmcminis (Post 1771919)
What about if the special attack cannot be used if she moved?

I also like this. The special attack is pretty strong with 3 double skull dice. Plus, it gets set up nice with Hide.

and another :word:

:word: to your :word:

Balantai February 27th, 2013 11:32 AM

Thoughts?

Katniss Everdeen
Aquilla

Human
U. Hero
Hunter
Tricky
Medium 5

Life 5
Move 6
Range 8
Attack 2
Defense 3

Hunter's Precision Special Attack
Range 5. Attack 3.
When rolling attack dice for Hunter's Precision Special Attack against a non adjacent figure, each skull rolled counts as one additional hit. Katniss Everdeen may only use her Hunter's Precision Special Attack if she did not move this turn.

Evergreen Cover
If Katniss is adjacent to an evergreen tree or jungle piece she has no visible hit zones.

Hide 11
If an opponent's figure begins it's move non-adjacent to Katniss and ends it's move adjacent to Katniss, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 11 or higher you may move Katniss up to 3 spaces as long as Katniss ends her movement unengaged and for the remainder of the turn, Katniss does not have any visible hit zones. When Katniss moves with Hide, she does not take leaving engagement attacks.

mac122 February 27th, 2013 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1772128)
Thoughts?

Katniss Everdeen
Aquilla

Human
U. Hero
Hunter
Tricky
Medium 5

Life 5
Move 6
Range 8
Attack 2
Defense 3

Hunter's Precision Special Attack
Range 5. Attack 3.
When rolling attack dice for Hunter's Precision Special Attack against a non adjacent figure, each skull rolled counts as one additional hit. Katniss Everdeen may only use her Hunter's Precision Special Attack if she did not move this turn.

Evergreen Cover
If Katniss is adjacent to an evergreen tree she has no visible hit zones.

Hide 11
If an opponent's figure begins it's move non-adjacent to Katniss and ends it's move adjacent to Katniss, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 11 or higher you may move Katniss up to 3 spaces and for the remainder of the turn, Katniss does not have any visible hit zones. When Katniss moves with Hide, she does not take leaving engagement attacks.

Should we add "Jungle piece" to Evergreen Cover? If she can hide by a pine tree, I think she'd be able to hide even better in the Jungle brush.

SirGalahad February 27th, 2013 11:40 AM

I think the theme is her climbing ability--not so much of that in a Jungle Brush.

Balantai February 27th, 2013 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 1772129)
Should we add "Jungle piece" to Evergreen Cover? If she can hide by a pine tree, I think she'd be able to hide even better in the Jungle brush.

I think that sounds good, but it will probably need another name.

Lamaclown February 27th, 2013 11:42 AM

With mac's above suggested addition to Evergreen Cover, I am loving this unit.

Balantai February 27th, 2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamaclown (Post 1772136)

We need to be mindful of SirG's comment. Mac and I don't really know Katniss too well so it's possible that adding jungle pieces may be a theme break.

mac122 February 27th, 2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1772135)
Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 1772129)

I think that sounds good, but it will probably need another name.

I think we'd still be OK with the name. The name is thematic while the addition of Jungle piece is mechanics issue.

Edit: If Jungle piece isn't thematic, then it doesn't have to be added. If she's climbing, then perhaps she should get a height bonus.

Lamaclown February 27th, 2013 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1772140)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamaclown (Post 1772136)

We need to be mindful of SirG's comment. Mac and I don't really know Katniss too well so it's possible that adding jungle pieces may be a theme break.

I am only familiar with the movie.

In the movie she would climb trees to hide/escape from the other competitors. I don't think it would be a theme break (based solely on the movie) to say that she could climb jungle trees as well. The theme is that she climbs trees to hide- whether evergreen or jungle I think she would take what she could get. :)

EDIT:
I don't know if a height bonus would be the way to go. Katniss (again based solely on the movie) used the trees to stay away from battle rather than gain an advantage in battle. The hiding is definitely the most thematic between those two options.

Balantai February 27th, 2013 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamaclown (Post 1772148)
EDIT:
I don't know if a height bonus would be the way to go. Katniss (again based solely on the movie) used the trees to stay away from battle rather than gain an advantage in battle. The hiding is definitely the most thematic between those two options.

Besides, she already has no visible hit zones. Thematically, if the attacking figure becomes adjacent to Katniss, I assume it's because they caught her climbing up or down the tree.

Balantai February 27th, 2013 12:47 PM

What do you think, JC? Are you okay with the current direction?

JC McMinis February 27th, 2013 01:33 PM

In the book she uses the trees for the same reason Lc mentioned above. Evergreen trees are something she is familiar with. In the scond book she is put back in the games and it is a tropical setting. She and her group manages to use the jungle terrain as cover advatage. So I can see adding jungle pieces to the Evergreen Cover. Other than that I like the draft balantai put up.