Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

Balantai February 20th, 2013 11:09 AM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

I'm with Mac on this one. I know of the Hunger Games hype, but have not seen the movie or read the books.

McHotcakes February 20th, 2013 12:50 PM

I've only ever seen the movie, and one of the things that stands out about Katniss is here ability to survive. She was able to live in the woods for a long time while injured, having to gather her own food and, simultaneously not get murdered by others people actively looking to murder her.

I'm not sure exactly the best way to represent that, maybe something like she gets increased stats when her life gets low? :shrug:

Balantai February 20th, 2013 12:56 PM

I think it might be easier to represent her survivablity by giving her high life.

mac122 February 20th, 2013 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1767880)
I think it might be easier to represent her survivablity by giving her high life.

High life, medium to low defense, but with a power that lets her avoid wounds - maybe Concealment with a low roll required. I don't get the sense she was quite as capable at melee combat but would try to get away. Disengage would fit nicely - or folding Disengage into a new power.

Lamaclown February 20th, 2013 01:18 PM

She wasn't a melee combatant but her archery skills were exemplary (just the movie here, haven't read the books)

Her range attack, whether a special ability or a special attack definitely needs to be a part of the unit.

Balantai February 20th, 2013 01:38 PM

After reading the Wiki page, it seems like hunting, archery and trapping are all possible Heroscape translations that would be thematic.

Lamaclown February 20th, 2013 04:12 PM

Some ideas. The names are just for the sake of having a name.

ARCHER'S FOCUS
When attacking a non-adjacent opponent's figure, if Katniss is unengaged, add X to her attack.

or

ARCHER'S FOCUS
When attacking a non-adjacent opponent's figure with Katniss, you may re-roll up to X attack dice that did not show a skull. Katniss may use Archer's Focus only once per attack.

Some form of disengagement would be thematic to reflect her ability to escape lethal situations. As far as her being injured and still in the game (pun intended), I am reminded of a power Sherman Davies gave his Boromir unit.

(edited to reflect Katniss rather than Boromir)
LAST STAND
When Katniss is destroyed, do not remove her from the battlefield until the end of the round. Katniss may continue to take turns until she is removed from the battlefield.

Confred February 20th, 2013 05:04 PM

Will the Power Glyph template (green coating) be made available for MSE download?

greygnarl February 20th, 2013 05:07 PM

I'd just like to make you guys aware of the Playtesting Exchange which is up in the Custom Units and Army Cards forum. If any of you run some tests of other people's units, you can get points which let's you put up units and could get some people palytesting these guys.

Thanks
greygnarl

mac122 February 20th, 2013 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 1768102)
Will the Power Glyph template (green coating) be made available for MSE download?

I just responded to your post in the MSE thread. I'll upload the files to add it to your MSE.

Confred February 20th, 2013 05:17 PM

+rep thanks Mac
I posted here first and then thought: Why not go to the MSE thread?!

Confred February 20th, 2013 05:27 PM

KATNISS BRAINSTORMING
HUMAN
UNIQUE HERO
VILLAGER
LOYAL
MEDIUM 5

LIFE 5
MOVE 6
RANGE 8
ATTACK 3
DEFENSE 2
POINTS 90

RECOVER
If Katniss starts her turn unengaged, she may remove 1 wound marker from her Army Card.

ESCAPE
If Katniss starts her move engaged, she may add 2 to her move.
--
Legacy Spoiler
Spoiler Alert!

----
Notes:
She's not especially adept at melee
She's not a brawler
She's excellent at ranged attack accuracy
She's great at tracking and hunting
She's a survivor
She hides to a frustrating degree
She spends times in trees, climbing and hiding
She's a commoner
She Valiantly volunteered herself to face death to protect a loved one - unheard of in her culture.
She's resourceful enough to avoid trouble and get out of trouble - She probably shouldn't have disengage because disengaging beats her up in the movie, but once nonadjacent enemy figures had difficulty finding her and in that time she healed, recovered, and figured ways to even ambush the hunters.

Spoiler Alert!