Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   C3G Poker-Sized Card Project (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=53740)

japes January 25th, 2017 01:14 AM

C3G Poker-Sized Card Project

You can find all our released poker cards here

Currently available
First Decade Deck 1
First Decade Deck 2
Glyphs, DOs, and Spells from the First Decade
Errata, Updates, and Class Changes from the First Decade
Year 11

http://www.heroscapers.com/c3g/relea..._C3G-Back2.png

The complete collection of figure cards from the beginning through Wave 32 - 897 cards plus 3 double sided Uncommon marker cards = 900
http://www.heroscapers.com/c3g/relea...s/!display.jpg

The complete Glyph, DO, Spell collection from the beginning through Wave 32 - 113 total cards
http://www.heroscapers.com/c3g/relea...cards/!DO-.jpghttp://www.heroscapers.com/c3g/relea.../!Glyphof_.jpg

https://www.heroscapers.com/communit..._original.jpeg

OK to help keep track and to let folks know the progress I decided to start this thread.

Cards not ready for Proof Reading

Ready for Proof Reading

Cards Needed:
Waves
Spoiler Alert!

SSEs
Spoiler Alert!

PECs
Spoiler Alert!

Other
Spoiler Alert!

Prototype printer

Sporx January 25th, 2017 01:14 AM

Corrections Needed:

Corrections made and ready for Backchecking

Waves
Spoiler Alert!

SSEs
Spoiler Alert!

PECs
Spoiler Alert!

Other
Spoiler Alert!

Sporx January 25th, 2017 01:16 AM

Sets Completed:

Master Sets
Spoiler Alert!

Waves
Spoiler Alert!

SSEs
Spoiler Alert!

PECs
Spoiler Alert!

Other
Spoiler Alert!

japes January 25th, 2017 10:12 AM

Re: C3G Poker-Sized Card Project

Examples:
Glyph

Figure

Quote:

Originally Posted by japes (Post 2128144)
It was originally based off a concept that JustaBill posted that I recreated and tweaked. It combines the mini and comic in a single card and goes with the more standard C3G look for the text background. I've been making my way through picking up all the recent text changes.

Text font is the same as C3G standard but actually a touch larger than the official cards amazingly enough. The text box is slightly larger overall that the official cards.

In case you think it's too much border...here is the cutlines indicating the actual card size. The blue line is typically where the cards are cut if the shop hits them perfectly..

possible back...

mcmeeple January 25th, 2017 11:01 AM

These look beautiful. Is the plan to eventually release new figures with both formats (Hex and rectangle)?

I can't help but see how nanDECK would automate the crap out of this...just sayin. If it would interest you, I would be happy to help you get setup and going (not that you can't figure it out, but I know it well enough to help speed you along).

japes January 25th, 2017 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcmeeple (Post 2133065)
These look beautiful. Is the plan to eventually release new figures with both formats (Hex and rectangle)?

I can't help but see how nanDECK would automate the crap out of this...just sayin. If it would interest you, I would be happy to help you get setup and going (not that you can't figure it out, but I know it well enough to help speed you along).

One issue I'm seeing is that it appears that you make one template for the backgrounds and such. Not as much an issue with Classic since there is just one color scheme per general. C3G however uses different background and borders for each unit. The text part isn't an issue since it's just copy and paste from the second post of each book. I save the templates for each set so that if I need to update or change any text it's quick and easy. The part that takes time is trimming the mini and creating the target zones which can't be automated anymore than I already have it with my photoshop actions. I also have actions that auto color the borders.

As for your other question, yes I will continue to create the cards for each set. To be open...all the cards that are finalized for the next release have already been created. The newer cards are the easiest for a few reasons. 1. the mini and comic images are linked in the post so I don't have to search for them.
2. If I created the official card I just copy paste the mini and text straight over since with a direct port.

Some of the older cards don't have the comic image linked and a lot of the links to mini images are no longer valid so they take a little longer. I have most of them already done from previous efforts but since I added the highlighted mini option I have to go back and fix them. Also some of the previous ones had been done with the mini that we had and since these are being released here I need to change the cards to the official mini's. I also hadn't updated text in awhile so I'm picking that up as well. Because I'm not sure on the mini I have or when the last updates were done I'm going through each figure and checking text and mini's which is why it takes time. Plus I'm only one guy with a family.

mcmeeple January 25th, 2017 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by japes (Post 2133078)
One issue I'm seeing is that it appears that you make one template for the backgrounds and such. Not as much an issue with Classic since there is just one color scheme per general. C3G however uses different background and borders for each unit. The text part isn't an issue since it's just copy and paste from the second post of each book. I save the templates for each set so that if I need to update or change any text it's quick and easy. The part that takes time is trimming the mini and creating the target zones which can't be automated anymore than I already have it with my photoshop actions. I also have actions that auto color the borders.

As for your other question, yes I will continue to create the cards for each set. To be open...all the cards that are finalized for the next release have already been created. The newer cards are the easiest for a few reasons. 1. the mini and comic images are linked in the post so I don't have to search for them.
2. If I created the official card I just copy paste the mini and text straight over since with a direct port.

Some of the older cards don't have the comic image linked and a lot of the links to mini images are no longer valid so they take a little longer. I have most of them already done from previous efforts but since I added the highlighted mini option I have to go back and fix them. Also some of the previous ones had been done with the mini that we had and since these are being released here I need to change the cards to the official mini's. I also hadn't updated text in awhile so I'm picking that up as well. Because I'm not sure on the mini I have or when the last updates were done I'm going through each figure and checking text and mini's which is why it takes time. Plus I'm only one guy with a family.

So I think I have adjusted my perspective on this. I can see how this is not a good solution for C3G. There is just to much fine tuning. I am finding that nanDECK is brilliant for rapidly creating cards that hit 90% of the target. If your goal is to publish high quality polished products as the C3G does, not so great. But if your like me and you just want playable resources that are good enough...then it is brilliant. I also think it could help a lot of people that want to make customs but can't hang with photoshop/gimp.

I posted a write up on nanDECK in the software section btw. Sorry to crud up your thread with this :)

japes January 25th, 2017 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcmeeple (Post 2133081)
Quote:

Originally Posted by japes (Post 2133078)

So I think I have adjusted my perspective on this. I can see how this is not a good solution for C3G. There is just to much fine tuning. I am finding that nanDECK is brilliant for rapidly creating cards that hit 90% of the target. If your goal is to publish high quality polished products as the C3G does, not so great. But if your like me and you just want playable resources that are good enough...then it is brilliant. I also think it could help a lot of people that want to make customs but can't hang with photoshop/gimp.

I posted a write up on nanDECK in the software section btw. Sorry to crud up your thread with this :)

Yeah I saw your thread. I actually rep'd you for it. I was hoping it would work out because it would have been simpler and quicker. I agree that it will be great for other customs. Especially if you only need a few templates.

Tornado January 25th, 2017 05:12 PM

Can you post those somewhere I can try to proof them?

Awesome work japes!

Really looking forward to printing these out! :)

japes January 25th, 2017 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tornado (Post 2133148)
Can you post those somewhere I can try to proof them?

Awesome work japes!

Really looking forward to printing these out! :)

PM sent.

Just post in here when you have finished a set and I'll track it in the post above.

Thanks a ton. Let me know if anything needs adjusted or fixed or just doesn't look right (art and mini wise) All changes should be easily done.

Wasgo January 27th, 2017 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by japes (Post 2133061)

I like the logo, but I'm not a fan of the cards being vertical, and the logo being horizontal. Could you rotate it 90 degrees?

japes January 27th, 2017 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wasgo (Post 2133569)
Quote:

Originally Posted by japes (Post 2133061)

I like the logo, but I'm not a fan of the cards being vertical, and the logo being horizontal. Could you rotate it 90 degrees?

Yeah I figured someone would call me on that. I ran out of pattern for the background and wanted the logo to be the same orientation as the hexes in the background. I'll work on it.

Sporx January 28th, 2017 12:13 AM

Bill showed one in his thread. I can't get it to link. Page 24 of the current c3g list.

Maybe something similar? Maybe he would allow you to use his?

Thanks for all the work on these!

japes January 28th, 2017 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sporx (Post 2133674)
Bill showed one in his thread. I can't get it to link. Page 24 of the current c3g list.

Maybe something similar? Maybe he would allow you to use his?

Thanks for all the work on these!

I do remember his and it was more Heroscape general where I'm sticking to C3G here for now. I could go with a generic hex background similar to his with the C3G logo but I really like the C3G background hex pattern.

Someday I plan to jump into HOSS and I'll create these cards for them as well but it will be a long time until I can make that commitment financially. I'd have to start from ZERO for Star Wars. I'm hoping if I hold out long enough some game will come out with painted miniatures that are the same size in bulk since there are a lot of squads I'd like in HOSS. Though I'm getting better at painting so who knows.

Maybe I'll start taking donations of HOSS figures and printed cards.

Tornado January 28th, 2017 01:50 PM

Just started on the proofreading. I wish I had another laptop, dual screens would be super nice.

Found one error so far. Glyph of Green Kryptonite says Green Kryptonian. Was that a test? :)

japes January 28th, 2017 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tornado (Post 2133728)
Just started on the proofreading. I wish I had another laptop, dual screens would be super nice.

Found one error so far. Glyph of Green Kryptonite says Green Kryptonian. Was that a test? :)

um...Yes, Yes it was. I'm sure I left a few more "test" as well. Weird since I think I direct copied that one. I'll check.

Thanks T, I've corrected it.

I have my computer hooked to my TV and I just adjust the windows to be side by side. But since I am copy pasting from one to the other separate screens wouldn't help me much.

Tornado January 28th, 2017 01:58 PM

Noticed that immediately which is kind of rare for me. :)
I will chip away at these a chunk at a time. If I get each wave/release 'booted up' and then open each of their Books it is not too tough to manage. :)

japes January 28th, 2017 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tornado (Post 2133733)
Noticed that immediately which is kind of rare for me. :)
I will chip away at these a chunk at a time. If I get each wave/release 'booted up' and then open each of their Books it is not too tough to manage. :)

That's what I do...I go to the Index by release and do a booster at a time.

Tornado January 29th, 2017 12:53 PM

You want to me to go off of the SP's in the Books and not the standard cards correct?

I have already found errors between the cards and SPs for the Beat Cops and Batman.
I think your cards are OK for the Beat Cops but Batman, your Bat Grapple 3 has Bats taking LEAs as does the SP in the Book of Bats.

EDIT: I guess quozl changed the SP on the Beat Cops so now the size on your cards is incorrect and should be 5.

EDIT: Having a problem loading the cards, have to stop for now. Half way through first Master Set.

japes January 29th, 2017 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tornado (Post 2133816)
You want to me to go off of the SP's in the Books and not the standard cards correct?

I have already found errors between the cards and SPs for the Beat Cops and Batman.
I think your cards are OK for the Beat Cops but Batman, your Bat Grapple 3 has Bats taking LEAs as does the SP in the Book of Bats.

EDIT: I guess quozl changed the SP on the Beat Cops so now the size on your cards is incorrect and should be 5.

EDIT: Having a problem loading the cards, have to stop for now. Half way through first Master Set.

Yeah if the SP is wrong my card will be wrong. I'll update the beat cops and wait for a response on Bats even though I think the card is correct based on the Utility Glyph.

japes January 29th, 2017 08:19 PM

Both updated. Thanks.

Wasgo January 30th, 2017 02:06 AM

I'm happy to help proof too. CowCow has a $6 deal until Feb 3rd too.

japes January 30th, 2017 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wasgo (Post 2133927)

CowCow...that's a new one to me. Have you used them before? How is their quality?

Wasgo January 30th, 2017 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by japes (Post 2133934)
Quote:

CowCow...that's a new one to me. Have you used them before? How is their quality?

CowCow is a rebrand of ArtsCow, but with different sales.

Tornado January 30th, 2017 01:28 PM

Possible Vertigo error. Range may be 6 instead of 4.

Never noticed the weirdness of Glyphs until now. I like your set up better.
In the standard cards the power is listed under Equipment Glyph instead of the power name.
The only one that feels off is Smilex as the power name is Trap and that feels like one that we would want to reuse. I think it is fine though.

EDIT: Possible Green Arrow error.

Skill Shot
Standard Card: before #rolled is 'a' or 'an'
SP/Poker Card: No 'a' or 'an' before #rolled

Tornado January 30th, 2017 01:44 PM

Harkgirl error, from SP

Stealth Flying
should say 'she' instead of 'he'.

Tornado January 30th, 2017 01:50 PM

Solomon Grundy: Has Vertigo Effect instead of Tough.
TOUGH
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack, Solomon Grundy always adds one automatic shield to whatever is rolled.

Also his size may be 5(standard card) instead of 6(SP/poker card). But my guess is it should be 6.

Tornado January 30th, 2017 02:00 PM

OK. Master Set complete once those issues are ironed out.

Wasgo January 30th, 2017 02:20 PM

Forgot to post the link earlier for the $6 cards:

http://www.cowcow.com/custom/playing...54-designs-313

Coupon code: ROOSTER

Expires Feb. 3, 2017.

japes January 30th, 2017 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tornado (Post 2133963)

If nothing else this is helping us clean up the older releases. Great work T.

japes February 1st, 2017 01:03 AM

Quote:

If you'd like to help, the thing that takes the longest right now is finding the art in the older post. If you want to start at wave 8 and find the books that don't have the art links on the first page and post the link it would save me a ton of time.

japes February 1st, 2017 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tornado (Post 2133963)

Forgot to mention that for the uncommon Hero cards I created more than one card but you don't have to proof all of them. They will be the same just a different outline color. MS2 for instance has multiple Doombot cards.

Wasgo February 1st, 2017 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by japes (Post 2134233)
Quote:

If you'd like to help, the thing that takes the longest right now is finding the art in the older post. If you want to start at wave 8 and find the books that don't have the art links on the first page and post the link it would save me a ton of time.

Sure, how do you want me to post the link? Upload them to imgur?

Also, while briefly checking the first few, I noticed the Banshee art was actually modified from the original to change the colour. How would you like ones like that handled?

japes February 1st, 2017 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wasgo (Post 2134264)
Quote:

Originally Posted by japes (Post 2134233)
Quote:

Sure, how do you want me to post the link? Upload them to imgur?

Also, while briefly checking the first few, I noticed the Banshee art was actually modified from the original to change the colour. How would you like ones like that handled?

You can just post the actual link for the best resolution version you find. Color changes I'll have to do manually. If you find the image that would be helpful.

I actually got through wave 7 before I decided to start towards the more recent ones and move forward since the art is usually linked in those.

Wasgo February 5th, 2017 11:19 AM

So like this?

Gambit
https://i0.wp.com/screenrant.com/wp-...-Cover-Art.jpg
Banshee (Different Colour)
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...23ab69bb72.jpg
Storm
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/...o-monroe-4.jpg
Dazzler
http://static8.comicvine.com/uploads...er.pngPsylocke
Psylocke
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...1d02b6c728.jpg

japes February 5th, 2017 12:52 PM

That will work. Thanks.

I've edited these links into the books.

Tornado February 12th, 2017 02:36 PM

Working on MS2.

Moloids has an issue.

Personality:
Card: Subservient
SP: Servile

Which is correct?

Tornado February 12th, 2017 02:41 PM

Mr. Fantastic.

Size should be 7 instead of 5.

Tornado February 12th, 2017 02:57 PM

Super-Skrull
Order of first two powers possibly reversed.

Tornado February 12th, 2017 03:03 PM

Cosmic Shielding

Card: roll 2 extra

SP: roll 2 additional

Tornado February 12th, 2017 03:18 PM

Warehouse Ruin

Should not have a Size (Small 3 currently)

japes February 12th, 2017 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tornado (Post 2135786)
Working on MS2.

Moloids has an issue.

Personality:
Card: Subservient
SP: Servile

Which is correct?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tornado (Post 2135788)
Mr. Fantastic.

Size should be 7 instead of 5.

Picked up both of these. Thanks.

Tornado February 12th, 2017 05:24 PM

NP. :)
Slowly making my way through. :)

I really like the Glyph cards. The originals just seem weird now.

japes February 12th, 2017 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tornado (Post 2135817)

I really like the Glyph cards. The originals just seem weird now.

http://img.pandawhale.com/23138-excellentjpg-zryq.jpeg

Tornado February 16th, 2017 05:00 PM

Spider-Man - Marvel - 160

Spider-Sense 14 should be

Spidey-Sense 11

The rest of the originals look good.

Tornado February 16th, 2017 05:26 PM

Magneto - 310

Order of Magnetic Shield and Throw are reversed but I prefer the way you have it with Shield first.

Tornado February 16th, 2017 05:39 PM

Sentinel.

You have a few different cards for the Size 12 figure but none for Size 20.

Wave one looks solid. Nice work.

Has anyone ever tried to exploit Toad's Tongue Lash and the fact figures receive LEA's?

Tornado February 16th, 2017 05:56 PM

Wave 3 looks good.

Are you working on Wave 2? I did not see it.