Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Jamie Madrox (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=56619)

Ronin February 19th, 2020 10:07 PM

The Book of Jamie Madrox

The Book of Jamie Madrox

C3G MARVEL PUBLIC EXCLUSIVE COLLECTION 22
ROCK AND A HARD PLACE

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...drox_comic.png
Comic PDF

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...adrox_mini.png
Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Wolverine and the X-Men set.
Its model number and name are #013, 205 / Multiple Man.

Character Bio - A mutant with the ability to create duplicates of himself, Jamie first became known for working with Moira MacTaggert on Muir Island and then working with the government-sponsored superhero team known as X-Factor. After the team disbanded, Jamie started a private investigation firm with his former teammates Wolfsbane and Strong Guy.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-
  • Initial playtest: Ronin
  • Second playtest: Karat
  • Third playtest: Arch-vile
  • Fourth playtest: MrNobody
  • Fifth playtest: Ronin (after changes to X-Factor Accompaniment)
  • Art: Comic, Figure, Background
  • Art by tcglkn
  • Multiple Man created by Len Wein, Chris Claremont, and John Buscema
  • Based heavily on Peter David's X-Factor

Card Updates:
4 August 2020 - Jamie Madrox - Dropped Madrox Prime special power

Re: The Book of Multiple Man (Unique) (Design)

NAME = JAMIE MADROX
SECRET IDENTITY =

SPECIES = MUTANT
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = INVESTIGATOR
PERSONALITY = CONFLICTED

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = 90

X-FACTOR ACCOMPANIMENT
After revealing an Order Marker on the Army Card of a Unique Hero you control that is a Bruiser or Investigator and taking a turn with that Hero, you may move and attack with one Multiple Man figure you control, or up to two Multiple Man figures you control if all of your Order Markers are on Bruiser or Investigator cards. All Multiple Man figures must be within 6 clear sight spaces of that Hero before moving. You may not take any additional turns with other figures you control.

DUPES 14
When Jamie Madrox receives one or more wounds from a normal or special attack, you may roll the 20-sided die before placing Wound Markers. If you roll 14 or higher, ignore any wounds Jamie Madrox just received and, if possible, place one of your previously destroyed Multiple Man figures adjacent to Jamie Madrox.

Comic:

Mini:

Background:
Like, noir PI riff?

Ronin February 19th, 2020 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin (Post 2080970)
Awesome, glad you guys are digging it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 2080962)
Yeah, I just now realized that Multiple Man has been needing a Unique Hero to work with the Commons all these years (due to this write up, that is). :-) I'd love to see you do that one for sure.

I always liked the Common Multiple Men, but I've been itching for a Unique version to be able to work him into more synergies. I have a few other LDs I want to hit first, but Jamie in is high on my to-do list.

Okay, so that was four years ago, but in my defense my to-do list has grown faster than things have been making it onto the to-done list. :lol:

Anyway, this write-up has not changed much since then! Open to any thoughts now that he's finally under way.

Karat February 19th, 2020 10:25 PM

Not a lot to add. Love the Investigator and Bruiser synergy here 8)

Yodaking February 19th, 2020 10:26 PM

Bruiser is intended to rope in Strong Guy then? Anyone else?

MrNobody February 19th, 2020 10:43 PM

Robotman is a Bruiser.

Ronin February 19th, 2020 10:46 PM

Oh, and we hire this guy to do spoiler checks. ;)

Bruiser is also a tee-up for a couple of his other teammates (Monet and Shatterstar). Strong Guy is the most important one to hit, though, they're close friends.

Arch-vile February 19th, 2020 11:03 PM

This is a fun one, I have no suggested changes. Can this Multiple Man be activated by common hero Multiple Man's Multiplicity? Though in practice it's probably better to just put OMs on this Multiple Man and activate the commons with X-Factor Accompaniment.

Karat February 19th, 2020 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arch-vile (Post 2350750)
This is a fun one, I have no suggested changes. Can this Multiple Man be activated by common hero Multiple Man's Multiplicity? Though in practice it's probably better to just put OMs on this Multiple Man and activate the commons with X-Factor Accompaniment.

Honestly, with the way Multiplicity is worded, yes it would work.

johnny139 February 20th, 2020 12:27 AM

If the intent is that he can take a turn with Multiplicity, you're probably better off putting OMs on the common card. A 20% chance of failure, but a 40% chance of getting a bonus move on top, and a 40% chance of getting extra dupe turns.

That's of course not taking into account the OM flexibility, just assuming you're taking turns with Madrox alone.

Cool to see some Investigator synergy open up. It's kind of funny, actually, that the faction includes the BPRD, X-Factor Investigations, and in the future, various Gotham-type detectives... a weird bunch to throw together, but also kind of fitting? Very Heroscape! Though in retrospect I might have made the BPRD guys into Operatives, since they lean closer to secret agents than private eye types...

Design-wise he's pretty simple, no notes. Might give him a different personality, just to differentiate him a bit? And I might try to make it consistent between "Jamie Madrox figure" and "Multiple Man figure" in the text, different powers are using different ones... though I understand we're kind of shackled by the common version there.

IAmBatman February 20th, 2020 06:22 AM

Looks cool! We probably want the "no additional turns" language on the X-Factor power, right?