Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Fan Art & Fiction (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Rise of the Valkyrie - Utgar (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=56535)

TGRF January 30th, 2020 07:45 PM

Rise of the Valkyrie - Utgar

Hello, readers, writers, and viewers. Yep. I'm back. *standing ovation occurs*

Well, it's been almost exactly a year since I began posting HiS, and many hours of extensive research later, I feel like I've gone light years forward in terms of writing skill. At least I hope so. I'll leave you to judge.

At the time I wrote this, it was supposed to be the start of a large series, which I was calling Eternity. After writing this fan fiction, that series fell through. You can now assume that this fan fiction is a normal stand-alone story, and can ignore any references to sequels or a series within this thread.

The title of this fan fiction is Utgar. Utgar comes in at 25 pages, 12.8k words (including introduction), and ten chapters.

Much of this information is reiterated in the introduction. Be sure to read the introduction, as it contains some important information related to the setting.

I will post this fan fiction chapter by chapter, as I did with HiS. Note that this fiction was original posted on my website. I have since moved it here. It is no longer on the website.

So all that being said, let's get into it. This post contains the preliminary Author's Note and Introduction, and Chapter One is posted below.

~TGRF.

Obligatory Copyright Statement:
Spoiler Alert!

Acknowledgements
Spoiler Alert!

Author's Note
Spoiler Alert!

Introduction
Spoiler Alert!

TGRF January 30th, 2020 07:46 PM

Re: Rise of the Valkyrie - Utgar

Chapter One
Spoiler Alert!

~TGRF.

TGRF January 30th, 2020 07:48 PM

@BiggaBullfrog @TheAverageFan @hose @William099

Eternity has begun. Make sure to read the intro, linked above, as it explains some important stuff.

~TGRF.

TheAverageFan January 30th, 2020 08:22 PM

Ooh, sudden fanfiction!

~TAF

TGRF January 30th, 2020 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheAverageFan (Post 2345967)
Ooh, sudden fanfiction!

~TAF

I needed to balance out Scorp some way...

~TGRF.

TheAverageFan January 30th, 2020 10:14 PM

I like it so far. I always wanted to issue a Prompt for the Contest where you had to write about one of the Valkyrie, specifically with them starting out opposite to how they ended up.

I assume Migol in this is not the same as the Dwarf. That would be a bold storytelling choice though :ponder:

~TAF

TGRF January 30th, 2020 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheAverageFan (Post 2346002)
I like it so far. I always wanted to issue a Prompt for the Contest where you had to write about one of the Valkyrie, specifically with them starting out opposite to how they ended up.

I assume Migol in this is not the same as the Dwarf. That would be a bold storytelling choice though :ponder:

~TAF

No, Migol, as in the Tomb of Migol.

~TGRF.

TGRF January 31st, 2020 02:22 PM

Chapter Two
Spoiler Alert!

I did have a concern with these first few chapters, that it wouldn't be super clear what was going on. So do let me know if there's any confusion.

~TGRF.

TGRF January 31st, 2020 02:34 PM

I've also added an Author's Note. It primarily talks about what aspects of writing I worked on for this fan fiction, and is completely skippable if you're not interested in that sort of thing.

~TGRF.

TGRF February 1st, 2020 03:41 PM

Chapter Three
Spoiler Alert!

I also plan on updating the cover so that it says 'Rise of the Valkyrie' instead of 'Eternity'. Also, I've got to say, I love that cover. First time I've attempted to draw photo-realistic hair. Marginally successful, but workable I think.

Also keep in mind that Bigga has mysteriously disappeared, so I had no one on this fan fiction to tell me if it was working or not. So if you see something you want to critique, please do so.

~TGRF.

TGRF February 2nd, 2020 07:48 PM

Chapter Four
Spoiler Alert!

As the full measure of Utgar's existence as a prisoner is made clear, a sudden change forever alters his destiny...

~TGRF.

TheAverageFan February 2nd, 2020 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Grim Reaper's Friend (Post 2346514)
So if you see something you want to critic, please do so.

~TGRF.

Hmm, well there is one thing. :ponder:

~TAF