Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

Balantai December 7th, 2010 05:11 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamaclown (Post 1284830)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1284806)
Okay, I'm going to assume Granite is no longer interested since he didn't post in this thread when it kept getting bumped. Let's move on to our next design.

I have the last figure that was fully designed so is machinekng up for his turn?

That is correct. Let's have at him, Machinekng. :D

machinekng December 7th, 2010 08:22 PM

Name: Inigo Montoya
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_2Pt2n6vmqm...oya%5B1%5D.jpg

Genre: Literature

Miniature: Elf Swashbuckler #18 Angelfire D&D Miniatures DDM

Note: I am definitley open to a better/more common figure.

Character Information: Inigo Montoya

Direction: I'd like to bring out the following portions of Inigo's chaacter.

1) Hatred for the Six-Fingered Man

2)Beign able to fight more fiercely when wounded.

3)His expertise swordsmanship.

Balantai December 7th, 2010 08:26 PM

Freaking awesome! The Pricess Bride is one of my all-time favorite movies.

For those who are new here or for those who may have forgotten:

Phase 2: Brainstorming Stage
  • Only 1 post per person. Anyone from the community is welcome to post, but please limit it to one post for this stage. If you think of something afterwards and/or want to make changes to what you have suggested, then go back & edit your post.
  • If you disagree with ideas somebody else has put forward do so in your own initial post. Don't start a discussion about it, just state clearly why you disagree & offer something in it's place.
  • Remember at this stage the wording doesn't have to be accurate or official or even written like a power, just put your thoughts down as they come to you as it is only brainstorming. It'll be up to the designer to take what he likes & try to put them into something close to official wording.
  • The chosen figure must remain in the Brainstorming Phase for at least 24 hours. If the designer feels that he wants to wait longer, he may.

Taeblewalker December 7th, 2010 08:29 PM

NOW we're talking!

Inigo Montoya
Fights for Einar

Human
Unique Hero
Duelist
Dedicated
Medium 5

Life 4
Move 6
Range 1
Attack 5
Defense 5

Edited powers!

COUNTER STRIKE
q.v.

YOU KILLED MY FATHER!
At the start of the game, choose one opponent's unique hero. When attacking the chosen figure with Inigo, you may roll two additional dice.

PREPARE TO DIE! 15
If Inigo receives enough wounds to be destroyed by an attack from an adjacent unique hero figure, you roll the 20-sided die before removing him. If you roll a 15 or higher, ignore any wounds just received. You may add 2 to the die roll for each wound marker on this army card.

YOU ARE THE BRUTE SQUAD!
All Brutes you control adjacent to Inigo receive one additional Defense die.

Quote:

Originally Posted by machinekng (Post 1285998)
The one thing I aslways wanted Inigo to have was a power that let him attack any adjacent figure that attacks him but I don't know how to word it.

Counter Strike? Just sayin'.

Edit:

Thanks, Lamaclown, for the suggestions. I certainly only meant to allow Brutes you control! I thought of only allowing Brute Heroes, but how could I not give the bonus to THE Brute Squad of Heroscape? (Horned Skull Brutes).

mac122 December 7th, 2010 08:33 PM

Nice choice, MK. Princess Bride is one of my favorite movies.

Hatred of Six-Fingered man: Choose an opponent's unique hero to be Inigo's target for revenge. Inigo's attack is boosted against that figure.

More fierce when wounded: This could also be higher defense when wounded. Maybe add 1 to his defense for each wound marker.

Swordsmanship: Extra attack dice when engaged to more than one opponent's figure? I could also see a variant of the Warforged Tactical Switch. This could represent his footwork - being able to maneuver his opponent into a worse position.

IMO, a boost to friendly, Large figures would be thematic and represent his friendship with Fezzik.

Lamaclown December 7th, 2010 09:09 PM

I am posting from my phone so I won't say much right now.
Just +rep for the most awesome choice so far!
:thumbsup:

EDIT:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Taeblewalker (Post 1285058)
NOW we're talking!

Inigo Montoya
Fights for Einar

Human
Unique Hero
Duelist
Dedicated
Medium 5

Life 4
Move 6
Range 1
Attack 5 4
Defense 5

Edited powers!

COUNTER STRIKE
q.v.

YOU KILLED MY FATHER!
At the start of the game, choose one opponent's unique hero. When attacking that the chosen hero with Inigo, you may roll two additional dice.

PREPARE TO DIE! 15
When Inigo receives enough wounds to would be destroyed by an attack from an adjacent unique hero figure, you may roll the 20-sided die before removing him. If you roll a 15 or higher, ignore any wounds just received. You may add 2 to the die roll for each wound marker on this army card.

YOU ARE THE BRUTE SQUAD!
All Brutes [you control that are] adjacent to Inigo receive and one additional Defense die.

I like what you have, TW.
I made a few suggestions above. My suggestions are in bold. For YOU ARE THE BRUTE SQUAD (which I really like) did you mean for it to be all Brutes or only Brutes you control?

wulfhunter667 December 7th, 2010 09:40 PM

Taeblewalker and Mac seem to be on the right track with their posts. To tweak and elaborate on what they have a bit...
Six-fingered Killer of my Father:
Definately the right track here. Two things to consider. First, will this power require a marker? Not to seem ridiculous, but it might benefit from one to prevent opponent's claims of not being six-fingered. ;) Also, I think the power should be limited to Human Heroes. Not to screw ole Indigo out of usefulness, but it does not make sense for the "six-fingered man" to be a dragon or robot or soulborg, you know?
Prepare to See Me Defy Death... Again...:
Again, definately right track. But, given my idea for restricting the Six-Fingered thing to Human, I think this should be a bit more open-ended, like, "add 1 attack die for each wound marker beyond the second one" kinda thing. That makes the figure still viable in the grand scheme of things after the six-fingered man is dealt with.
Those are my opinions and I'm sticking to 'em. ;)

The Champion of Weston December 7th, 2010 11:41 PM

I love the basic concept for him but he seems a bit, how shall I say this, unfair with his base stats and abilities to improve his attack and defense.

Lamaclown December 8th, 2010 09:27 AM

Sorry.
Forgot about the one post thing.
See edited post above.
:oops:

Balantai December 8th, 2010 01:01 PM

Inigo Montoya

I'd love to see three powers on the card.

My Name Is Inigo Montoya
You Killed My Father
Prepare to Die

Perhaps the following:

My Name Is Inigo Montoya
At the beginning of the game, choose a Human Unique Hero to be the Six-Fingered Man. Whenever Inigo Montoya is attacked by the Six-Fingered man and receives enough wounds to be destroyed, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 11 or higher, Inigo Montoya receives no wounds from the attack.

You Killed My Father
Inigo Montoya may add 1 to his attack when attacking the Six-Fingered Man.

Prepare To Die
When defending against a normal attack from an adjacent figure, you may roll 2 additional defense dice. If you roll any additional shields when defending against a normal attack from an adjacent figure, the attacking figure recieves 1 wound.

Otherwise, I'd keep his base stats pretty low.
Maybe:
Life 3 or 4
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 3
Defense 3

Other possibilities:
Inigo Montoya may roll 1 additonal attack die and 1 additional defense die for each wound marker on his card.

Inigo Montoya may never recieve more than 1 wound from a normal attack.

EDIT: Also, I'd like to change the genre to either Movie or Movie/Literature. I understand that the movie is based off of the book, but the movie is more recognizable.

machinekng December 8th, 2010 07:35 PM

Okay, I just wanted to put a few ideas of my own out there.

The one thing I aslways wanted Inigo to have was a power that let him attack any adjacent figure that attacks him but I don't know how to word it.

I'll have the stats up tommorrow.

mac122 December 9th, 2010 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by machinekng (Post 1285998)
Okay, I just wanted to put a few ideas of my own out there.

I'll have the stats up tommorrow.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Necroblade - Heroes of StarWars Scape
Attacking-out-of-turn is generally frowned upon by the official designers (and the C3G). I think (and someone could correct me on this if wrong) the big concern is creating chains of triggered attacks and defensive powers, and thus super long turns where you could lose track of the game.

Granting an attack to a figure because it was attacked is a slippery slope. I'd rather equip him with counter strike or a variant of counter strike.