Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

McHotcakes September 12th, 2017 08:06 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

[quote=Sir Yeshua;2161835]
Quote:

ICE FORTRESS
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from a non adjacent figure, if Elsa rolls at least one shield, block all damage. If the attacking figure is within 4 clear sight spaces of Elsa, their turn immediately ends.
I like this version

JC McMinis September 21st, 2017 11:33 AM

[quote=McHotcakes;2161953]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Yeshua (Post 2161835)
Quote:

ICE FORTRESS
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from a non adjacent figure, if Elsa rolls at least one shield, block all damage. If the attacking figure is within 4 clear sight spaces of Elsa, their turn immediately ends.
I like this version

I do too

Confred September 22nd, 2017 08:11 AM

Another variant:

ICE FORTRESS
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from a non adjacent figure, if Elsa rolls at least one shield, block all damage and Elsa can't be attacked again this turn.

Zetsubo September 22nd, 2017 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2162763)
Another variant:

ICE FORTRESS
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from a non adjacent figure, if Elsa rolls at least one shield, block all damage and Elsa can't be attacked again this turn.

I like this the best cause its like she makes an ice shield that stops all incoming attacks. I would however, make it to where she can't be attacked by another normal attack.

When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from a non adjacent figure, if Elsa rolls at least one shield, block all damage and Elsa can't be attacked again this turn by a (non adjacect?) normal attack.

That way she is still vulnerable to SA's that could bypass her ice wall

JC McMinis September 22nd, 2017 07:57 PM

I like this, let's just have it against all normal attacks. Basically she surrounds her hex with ice.

Sir Yeshua September 23rd, 2017 08:42 PM

At what point does it just become better/more streamlined to just give Elsa a variant of Thorian Speed? 6 Defense w/ a Stealth Dodge-type power is already basically impossible to hit. (C3G's Wonder Woman is proof of that) I feel like anything we do in addition to that is gonna make it so unappealing to take even pot shots at her that she might as well have Thorian Speed. Would it be worth taking Occam's Razor to this and go for:
Quote:

ICE FORTRESS
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from a non adjacent figure, if Elsa rolls at least one shield, block all damage.

Confred September 25th, 2017 09:46 AM

I'm ok with simplifying. Branching out was a thought experiment to capture new potential value. I'm not a fan of simply renaming powers. I'd like it to stand out somehow, even if only simply.

For example
+Def vs per adj snow/ice (applies to friends)

Sir Yeshua September 25th, 2017 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2163003)
I'm ok with simplifying. Branching out was a thought experiment to capture new potential value. I'm not a fan of simply renaming powers. I'd like it to stand out somehow, even if only simply.

For example

True, true, shows how often I stick around during projects lol

Confred September 26th, 2017 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Yeshua (Post 2163016)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2163003)

For example

True, true, shows how often I stick around during projects lol

I definitely have appreciated your feedback.

I think it would be neat having her pod with Greater Ice Elementals, guarding them with fortress, forcing opponents in and then have the snowmen engagement strike all who try to disrupt the Queen's plans.

I don't know how canon such a maneuver is, but her being a shut in was a big part of what I saw from the movie (I've seen maybe 20%)

Confred October 1st, 2017 04:37 AM

ICE FORTRESS
If Elsa ends her turn not adjacent to any figures, until your next turn, Elsa and all friendly figures on Ice or Snow within 6 clear sight spaces of Elsa add 2 automatic shields when defending against nonadjacent normal attacks.

- forces choice of defense vs building snowmen
- references Fortress Door
- Uses snow and ice built by her own power plus snowmen, which is so begging to be utilized
(imperfect wording will be hashed as ideas are likened)

Zetsubo October 1st, 2017 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2163706)
ICE FORTRESS
If Elsa ends her turn not adjacent to any figures, until your next turn, Elsa and all friendly figures on Ice or Snow within 6 clear sight spaces of Elsa add 2 automatic shields when defending against nonadjacent normal attacks.

- Uses snow and ice built by her own power plus snowmen, which is so begging to be utilized

Im all for that iteration, but if Elsa can gain 2 defense die, does she need a base of 6 defense?

Confred October 1st, 2017 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zetsubo (Post 2163713)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2163706)
ICE FORTRESS

Im all for that iteration, but if Elsa can gain 2 defense die, does she need a base of 6 defense?

Base stats may certainly change as powers take new forms.

I currently favor:
LIFE 3
Move 5
Range 4
Attack 2
Defense 4