Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

mac122 October 18th, 2010 03:09 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

How about something a little more up-to-date - just not into the tails or the hat.
http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/a...tuff/bruce.jpg
Bruce Wayne available from Miniature Market for $1. Brave and the Bold set.

Granite-M October 20th, 2010 04:00 PM

Name: Frankenstein's Monster
Genre: Literature
Miniature: Horrorclix Base Set #87 The Fiend (Possibly)
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/m...1/HORBS-87.jpg

Character Information: Frankenstein's monster

Direction: Looking at creating a unit with some good punch, but that suffers from being around human beings. Frankenstein's monster was a beast, but he seemed to get undone by how afraid people were of him, and vice versa. So...

1) Strong attack
2) Solid defense
3) Vulnerability to being around humans

machinekng October 20th, 2010 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Granite-M (Post 1234684)
Name: Frankenstein's Monster
Genre: Literature
Miniature: Horrorclix Base Set #87 The Fiend (Possibly)
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/m...1/HORBS-87.jpg

Character Information: Frankenstein's monster

Direction: Looking at creating a unit with some good punch, but that suffers from being around human beings. Frankenstein's monster was a beast, but he seemed to get undone by how afraid people were of him, and vice versa. So...

1) Strong attack
2) Solid defense
3) Vulnerability to being around humans

Frankenstein's Monster
Vydar

Creature
Unique Hero
Beast or Construct
Tormented
???

Life 5
Move 4
Range 1
Attack 5
Defense 5
Points ???

Indomitable
If Frankenstein's Monster begins its turn unengaged, you may add 2 to its move value this turn. If Frankenstein's Monster begins its turn engaged, you may add 2 to its attack value this turn.

Heartbroken
If there is a Human figure within 4 spaces of Frankenstein's Monster, subtract 2 from Frankenstein's Monster's defense value.

Uses the new Frost Giant's power to strengthen the monster, while Heartbroken provides an Achilles's heel.

mac122 October 20th, 2010 10:30 PM

Nice choice, Granite.

+1 Attack and -1 Defense against humans maybe?

Creator Bonding
At the start of the game, choose an opponent's unique hero to be the Monster's Creator. When within X clear sight spaces of the Creator, Frankenstien's Monster rolls 2 additional attack dice. If the chosen Creator is destroyed, Frankenstein's Monster rolls 2 less defense dice.

I like the figure, too.

Balantai October 21st, 2010 11:59 AM

Awesome choice, Granite.

There's another Heroclix choice for mini, also.

http://www.gamehollow.com/catalog/im...c/dc/aa041.jpg

The sword doesn't really fit, but it's so easy to cut off that even if someone didn't have a utility knife, they could probably use a pair of scissors.

Also, I wouldn't mind seeing Frankenstein having an aversion to fire.

I could see Frankenstein with high stats but multilple Special Powers that lower those stats based on his fears. Also, you could probably make his fear of humans also effect the humans. Afterall, they're just as afraid of him.

I could see him with 4 movement. He's not one known to be running much.

Lamaclown October 21st, 2010 01:42 PM

As far as the figure for Samuel Sullivan...
Spoiler Alert!

Frankenstein's Monster should be fun.

A fear of fire is definitely thematic but wording it would be the difficult part.

I like machinekng's suggestions for his stats. Here are my thoughts...

FRANKENSTEIN'S MONSTER

VYDAR
UNDEAD
UNIQUE HERO
CONSTRUCT
TERRIFYING

LIFE 5
MOVE 4
RANGE 1
ATTACK 5
DEFENSE 5 or 6

HUMAN MOB
Subtract 1 from Frankenstein's Monster's attack and defense for each Human figure adjacent to him to a maximum of 3 less dice each.

Not really sure how to word the last part. basically he loses up to 3 dice from his attack and defense depending on how many humans are around him.

INSERT ANOTHER COOL ABILITY HERE
This is where the text of another cool ability would go.

Balantai October 21st, 2010 01:56 PM

That mini is perfect for Sam Sullivan. Nice find, Lamaclown.

wulfhunter667 October 21st, 2010 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamaclown (Post 1235407)
A fear of fire is definitely thematic but wording it would be the difficult part.

This is the wording I used for my NM24 Martian Manhunter. It could work well enough...
FIRE WEAKNESS
If Frankenstein's Monster is on a molten lava or lava field space, he rolls 3 fewer defense dice.
Clean, simple and to the point, n'est pas? ;)

Lamaclown October 21st, 2010 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wulfhunter667 (Post 1235697)
Quote:

This is the wording I used for my NM24 Martian Manhunter. It could work well enough...
FIRE WEAKNESS
If Frankenstein's Monster is on a molten lava or lava field space, he rolls 3 fewer defense dice.

Oui, simple and thematic. I was referring to fire-based attacks though. I don't know of any way to refer to fire based attacks simply since nothing exists in official language for them..

wulfhunter667 October 21st, 2010 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamaclown (Post 1235755)
Quote:

Quote:

FIRE WEAKNESS

Oui, simple and thematic. I was referring to fire-based attacks though. I don't know of any way to refer to fire based attacks simply since nothing exists in official language for them..

Which is why this works so well. It translates a vulnerability that does not exist in this game yet into terms that do exist. It is also implied that he is weak against fire-based attacks, but that is up to the individual players to decide. Of course, the other option is to do what I did with a few of my other customs...
Figures with Fire Vulnerability roll 3 less defense dice against Firefly's Flamethrower Special Attack.
But that is not a necessity, just a suggestion.
</IMG>

Balantai October 22nd, 2010 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wulfhunter667 (Post 1235764)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamaclown (Post 1235755)
Quote:

Quote:

FIRE WEAKNESS

Which is why this works so well. It translates a vulnerability that does not exist in this game yet into terms that do exist. It is also implied that he is weak against fire-based attacks, but that is up to the individual players to decide. Of course, the other option is to do what I did with a few of my other customs...
Figures with Fire Vulnerability roll 3 less defense dice against Firefly's Flamethrower Special Attack.
But that is not a necessity, just a suggestion.
</IMG>

I currently do this on all my superhero customs. It works very well. It doesn't mix with Vahallascape, but contained within it's own set, it works perfectly.

Balantai October 26th, 2010 06:11 PM

It's all you, Granite. Let's see that draft.