Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

Balantai March 30th, 2011 02:04 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

It's too bad we can't have the Snakes ability on there, but I really like how he looks right now. As far as points go, I can see him at 120, maybe?

killercactus March 30th, 2011 02:11 PM

I think he's less than 120. He's a single-attack hero with just 3 dice, and his abilities aren't all that game-breaking at all. I say 100 max.

dfonse March 31st, 2011 11:12 AM

Sorry i have not been on in a while. Been sick with the flu. I believe that 100 is reasonable for him because of his OK stats. Also, treasure hunter is not likely to occur often so it seems not very useful. Rope swing is probably his best ability. Also, for whip swing indie should not be able to swing over something of a certain height like 6 being the max.

Taeblewalker March 31st, 2011 12:34 PM

Indiana Jones
Aquilla

Human
Unique Hero
Adventurer
Valiant
Medium 5

Life 4
Move 6
Range 5
Attack 3
Defense 4
Points ???

TREASURE HUNTER
Indiana Jones may add 2 to his Move number as long as he ends his movement on a Glyph. When you roll the 20-sided die for a Treasure Glyph trap with Indiana Jones, you may add 2 to your die roll.

WHIP 12
After moving and before attacking, choose a small or medium figure adjacent to Indiana Jones. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 12 or higher, the chosen figure cannot roll any defense dice if attacked by Indiana Jones this turn.

WHIP SWING 3
Instead of a normal move, Indiana Jones may use his Whip Swing. Whip Swing has a move of 3. When counting spaces for Indiana Jones's Whip Swing, ignore elevations and obstacles that are no higher than 6 levels above Indiana Jones' base. Indiana Jones may swing over water without stopping, over figures without becoming engaged, and swing over obstacles such as ruins. Indiana Jones may move up to 6 levels up or down in a single Whip Swing. Before using Whip Swing, you may choose a friendly, small or medium figure adjacent to Indiana Jones. After you move Indiana Jones, place the chosen figure adjacent to Indiana Jones. Any figure moved with Whip Swing does not take any leaving engagement attacks.

How about the sentence I put in about his base?

mac122 March 31st, 2011 10:40 PM

That should help clear up any questions about what Whip Swing can do.

Lamaclown April 4th, 2011 09:21 AM

He is looking good. I would say between 90-110 points.

Balantai April 4th, 2011 01:55 PM

I think my only concern will be if it all fits on a card. Otherwise, I like him at 100 pts.

Lamaclown April 4th, 2011 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1378675)
I think my only concern will be if it all fits on a card.

Picky, picky ;)

EDIT:
I tested it on both MSE and my own templates I use for my customs and it is extremely small text, possibly not legible when scaled to card size.

mac122 April 4th, 2011 02:27 PM

I have the previous version, without Taeblewalker's edit, in MSE and it is definitely a crowded card. Let me suggest this:

WHIP SWING 3
Instead of moving Indiana Jones normally, you may choose any empty space that is no more than 6 levels above or below Indiana Jones’ base and within 3 clear sight spaces of Indiana Jones. Place Indiana Jones on the chosen space. Before using Whip Swing, you may choose a friendly, small or medium figure adjacent to Indiana Jones. After you move Indiana Jones, place the chosen figure on any empty space adjacent to Indiana Jones. Any figure moved with Whip Swing does not take any leaving engagement attacks.

It is based on Teleportation with a clear sight restriction instead of Swingline. IMO, it accomplishes the same thing and saves a couple lines on the card. If this is unacceptable, we may have to drop the part that allows Indy to take someone along for the ride.

Balantai April 4th, 2011 02:37 PM

Can a space be within Line of Sight?

killercactus April 4th, 2011 02:39 PM

I don't think we can use that because now he can Whip Swing through a 999 level high wall as long as his landing point is within 6 of the starting point.

We could just nix Whip Swing altogether, bump his normal movement to 7 to compensate for it, and put the Snakes power back on....

Taeblewalker April 4th, 2011 02:46 PM

Yikes, KC I'd rather add the LOS wording, if possible.