Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Red Lantern (Razer) (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=56705)

Lazy Orang March 12th, 2020 05:33 PM

The Book of Red Lantern (Razer)

The Book of Red Lantern (Razer)

C3G DC SUPER SECRET EXCLUSIVE 76
FESTIVAL OF LIGHTS: RED SCARE

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...azer_comic.png
Comic PDF

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...Razer_mini.png
Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a modified Heroclix figure from the War of Light set.
Its model number and name are #014 / Rankorr

Character Bio - After the death of his wife Ilana in a brutal civil war that ravaged his home planet Volkreg, the rage in Razer's heart allowed him to be recruited into the Red Lantern Corps by Atrocitus, their leader. Following his recruitment, Razer was tasked with luring and killing the half-trained frontier Green Lanterns patrolling the Forgotten Zone, alongside fellow Red Lantern, Zilius Zox. When Green Lanterns Hal and Kilowog took the Interceptor to the Forgotten Zone to investigate these murders, the Red Lantern Corps followed them to the homeworld of frontier Lantern Shyir Rev. Ordered against his better judgement to begin the countdown to blow up the planet, Razer did as instructed, and though the Green Lanterns successfully evacuated everyone prior to its destruction, Shyir Rev died delaying the detonation so that his people had time to escape.
Consumed by guilt over his actions, Razer defected from the Red Lantern Corps and was captured by Hal Jordan while attempting to commit suicide by cop. Hal saw that there was more to Razer than rage, and before long accepted him into his crew, where Razer began his redemption, aiding Hal in battling the Red Lantern menace across the Forgotten Zone. In time, he began training with Saint Walker of the Blue Lantern Corps in order to help control his anger, and developed an affection for the Interceptor's A.I., Aya.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips--Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Lazy Orang March 12th, 2020 05:33 PM

Re: The Book of Red Lantern (Razer)

NAME = RED LANTERN
SECRET IDENTITY = RAZER

SPECIES = VOLKREGIAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = RAVAGER
PERSONALITY = REPENTANT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 3
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 5
POINTS = 260

RED POWER BATTERY 3

Start the game with 3 red Battery Markers on this card. Add one to Red Lantern's Move and Attack numbers for each red Battery Marker on this card.

CHANNELED FURY
After revealing an Order Marker on this card, instead of taking a turn with Red Lantern, you may roll 3 combat dice. For each skull rolled, place a previously removed red Battery Marker on this card, up to a maximum of 3.

RIGHTEOUS RAGE 17
After revealing a numbered Order Marker on an Army Card you control, before using any other special powers, if there is at least one red Battery Marker on this card, you must immediately roll the 20-sided die. Add 1 to your roll for each Unique Hero you control with one or more wounds and 1 for each destroyed Unique Hero in your army, to a maximum of +4. If you roll 17 or higher, you must take an immediate turn with Red Lantern. You may not take any additional turns with figures you control. During this turn, Red Lantern may attack 1 additional time for each red Battery Marker on this card. After taking a turn with Righteous Rage, remove a red Battery Marker from this Army Card for each additional time Red Lantern attacked this turn.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING

Lazy Orang March 12th, 2020 05:34 PM

Reserved for Art. Comic options aren't great, but they do exist.

Mini pics:

Background:

johnny139 March 12th, 2020 05:56 PM

I just spent more time than anyone should need to leafing through the truly ugly comic book adaptation and yeah, slim pickings.

I do like his blank, pleasant smile in the last one, though. Really captures his personality. :D

In general, I still think the "bonus clause" in the last power could be simplified to something like this: "Add 1 to your roll for each friendly wounded figure within clear sight of Razer, to a maximum of +3." But eh, it's still not that much text saved.

Lazy Orang March 12th, 2020 05:58 PM

Yeah, that comic does not have good art. :) I suspect no one truly cares about it, but I'm glad it exists just so I can design him! :)
Yeah, blank, mild and pleasant is perfect here! :D
That last power could probably be worded a tad better, I pretty much stole from Raph.

MrNobody March 12th, 2020 06:05 PM

I did learn from that that there’s way more Razer x Aya fanart than I would’ve normally guessed.

Lazy Orang March 12th, 2020 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrNobody (Post 2357212)
I did learn from that that there’s way more Razer x Aya fanart than I would’ve normally guessed.

Not entirely surprising, although looking ahead for comic art has caused me to see more Aya fetish stuff than I ever wanted to know about.

What is wrong with people!?

Arch-vile March 12th, 2020 06:15 PM

He's so chubby! And the complete lack of pupils is unnerving. :lol:

You've got an extra period at the end of Righteous Rage 17. Red Power Battery should mention "red Battery Marker" both times - that's an update we'll need on the other Red Power Battery figures as well.

Lazy Orang March 12th, 2020 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arch-vile (Post 2357216)
And the complete lack of pupils is unnerving. :lol:

Man, I remember being freaked out by the X-Men cartoon as a kid, simply because of Storm's eyes whenever she used her powers. :)

Legitimately creepy.

Soundwarp SG-1 March 12th, 2020 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazy Orang (Post 2357214)
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrNobody (Post 2357212)

Not entirely surprising, although looking ahead for comic art has caused me to see more Aya fetish stuff than I ever wanted to know about.

What is wrong with people!?

Aya is a attractive robot lady, don’t botshame people.

Arch-vile March 13th, 2020 12:37 AM

Red Lantern (Razer) Mini Tutorial

Spoiler Alert!

Karat March 17th, 2020 11:57 PM

Thread title should probably be updated to indicate what phase we are in. Are we ready for an Initial here?