Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   Godzilla and friends (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=56021)

IAmBatman May 18th, 2020 08:33 PM

Re: Godzilla and friends

Quote:

Originally Posted by tcglkn (Post 2385453)
Kaiju is my preference, but I am not losing sleep either way.

:stupid:

Ronin May 18th, 2020 08:33 PM

AAA

I'm losing sleep either way. Damn work-from-home situation.

IAmBatman May 18th, 2020 08:34 PM

Hah. Suckers. If you never have sleep, nothing to lose. :-P

Yodaking May 18th, 2020 08:35 PM

Yeah, that is where my mind went to right away as well. A Kaiju hunter type unit that gets bonuses when attacking any Kaiju from any story line.

MrNobody May 18th, 2020 08:35 PM

Magik

tcglkn May 18th, 2020 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrNobody (Post 2385459)
Magik

Did you count my vote for Magik yet?

Soundwarp SG-1 May 18th, 2020 08:41 PM

I feel like (especially in the case of counter-draft powers), any call out to 'Kaiju' would make more sense to just go with Huge (possibly like 'non-DO Huge'). Like Huge shows they're just good at fighting/supporting/whatevering big stuff, specifically calling out Kaiju makes it sound like they have like anti-Kaiju genetic weapons or something. Which I don't think is a thing. Like maybe anti-radiation weapons or something, but not all Godzilla monsters share a origin. 'Kaiju' is straight up just the Japanese equivalent of 'monster', it's not anything specific. Heck, if we insist on doing it, we should at least use Daikaiju so we're up to 'big monster' in specificity.

Soundwarp SG-1 May 18th, 2020 08:43 PM

A by the way

Lord Pyre May 18th, 2020 09:57 PM

Doesn't bother me. Other than seeing a few of the films, I have no attachments here. So whatever you experts think is most appropriate.

I mean, I'm pretty sure he's not a dinosaur in any scientific terms, but if he is in-universe, great.

Yodaking May 18th, 2020 10:16 PM

Yeah, I don't think of him as a Dino at all, and having to design future Dino synergy around him seems like a bad idea.

johnny139 May 19th, 2020 05:00 PM

A for me as well. No one specifically fights kaiju, no one specifically works with kaiju, at least not within the context of the Godzilla-verse. They fight, work with, or are based on giant monsters of all stripes.

I'd find it weird if they were Kaiju. But I also find it weird we're doing a Godzilla who can fit inside a building, so I guess I'm not that concerned either way, really. You do you.:p

quozl May 19th, 2020 05:36 PM

Looks like we're tied so far. Any alternatives we could all get behind?