Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Carrion (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=56761)

Karat March 28th, 2020 08:50 PM

The Book of Carrion

The Book of Carrion

C3G MARVEL WAVE 34
WEB OF VENOM

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...rion_comic.png
Comic PDF

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...rrion_mini.png
Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Amazing Spider-Man set.
Its model number and name are #038 / Carrion.

Character Bio - Carrion is a decayed clone of Professor Miles Warren, also known as the Jackal. Warren had created the clone and left it in a capsule to mature to full development; however Warren then (seemingly) died and the clone was left developing in the capsule with artificially accelerated age. Something went wrong and the clone's body became like a living corpse. Armed with a degenerative touch and a a chemical substance known as "Red Death", Carrion is out to bring Spider-Man to justice as he blames him for the deaths of Miles and Gwen Stacy.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Karat March 28th, 2020 08:50 PM

Re: The Book of Carrion (Design Phase)

NAME = CARRION

SPECIES = CLONE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = STALKER
PERSONALITY = INSANE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 150

LEVITATION
Carrion is considered to have height advantage over any figure without the Flying or Levitation special power whose base is no more than 2 levels above his base. Carrion does not take falling damage and may ignore all effects from terrain tiles he moves onto or occupies.

DENSITY CONTROL
Carrion can move through all figures, Fortress Walls, and obstacles, and is never attacked when leaving an engagement. Carrion cannot be targeted by opponents' non-adjacent figures for any attacks or special powers that require clear sight. Carrion may not be moved by any special power on an opponent's Army Card.

DEGENERATIVE TOUCH
After attacking with Carrion's normal attack, roll one unblockable attack die against the defending figure for each wound it received from that attack. Androids, Constructs, and destructible objects are not affected by Degenerative Touch.

Karat March 28th, 2020 08:59 PM

Comic
Figure Pics (Courtesy of Ronin)

Background

tcglkn March 28th, 2020 09:06 PM

Big fan of this one. Looks good to me. :up:

johnny139 March 28th, 2020 09:27 PM

The only dangling question is, I believe, the class thing - like, whether it's appropriate to have a more general purpose version be a Scientist.

Basic stuff though looks good!

Lord Pyre March 28th, 2020 09:33 PM

I don’t know the character well, but I’m a fan of any design with a Kansas pun in the comic art.

All good reuses. Just depends if we want to use a strict dust of death or would rather not use an auto kill, since many of us aren’t huge fans. We could easily tweak it to just do wounds.

Ronin March 28th, 2020 09:36 PM

Yeah, I think something like Antagonist would suit him a little better. Or you could go for Telepath. He's not a super strong telepath, but he can do it a bit and there's nothing pressing he needs for class.

If we want to do something besides Dust of Death (like I briefly touched on in the LCW), might be cool to do something with his "death touch"; he can disintegrate organic matter by touching it. Maybe a riff on what Judge Mortis does?

Quote:

SOMETHING SOMETHING DEATH TOUCH SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 3.
When Carrion attacks with this special attack and at least one skull is rolled, the defending figure immediately receives one unblockable wound before defense dice are rolled. Carrion cannot attack an Android, Construct, or destructible object with this special attack.
Something we had in mind for Carnage (II) (assuming I can con Soundwarp into running Carnage (II)) was him granting a bunch of attack-only activations, so implementing Carrion's mojo as an SA or a modifier to his normal attack would help him out in a Max Carnage build. :2cents:

Karat March 28th, 2020 11:01 PM

I felt like I was forgetting a change we made. Definitely forgot to update my personal record. Was definitely meant to be a Telepath.

I originally gave him this to represent his touch.
Quote:

DEGENERATIVE TOUCH
If a figure receives 1 or more wounds from Carrion's normal attack, roll a combat die for each wound that figure received this turn. For each skull you roll, that figure receives 1 additional wound. Androids and Constructs are not affected by Degenerative Touch.

IAmBatman March 29th, 2020 12:33 AM

That sounds like the type of thing you have to live at least 10 miles away from a school for ....

Ronin March 29th, 2020 04:10 AM

I can dig the Degen Touch, even if all his new neighbors get a letter when he moves to town.

I have photos in my album for this guy, by the by.

Karat March 29th, 2020 10:49 AM

I thought you might, I'll link them :up:

Karat March 29th, 2020 11:06 AM

The only thing that I'm not too fond of with just going with his touch is losing out on the theme of his dust. Maybe a modified DoD is the way to go.

My thought there is just make it a before attacking power and probably swap destruction for wounds. Thoughts?