Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

Balantai February 27th, 2013 02:39 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcmcminis (Post 1772240)
In the book she uses the trees for the same reason Lc mentioned above. Evergreen trees are something she is familiar with. In the scond book she is put back in the games and it is a tropical setting. She and her group manages to use the jungle terrain as cover advatage. So I can see adding jungle pieces to the Evergreen Cover. Other than that I like the draft balantai put up.

Great. I added jungle piece to the write-up since it seems to be completely thematic. Should we change the power name, then?

McHotcakes February 27th, 2013 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1772246)
Quote:

Originally Posted by jcmcminis (Post 1772240)
In the book she uses the trees for the same reason Lc mentioned above. Evergreen trees are something she is familiar with. In the scond book she is put back in the games and it is a tropical setting. She and her group manages to use the jungle terrain as cover advatage. So I can see adding jungle pieces to the Evergreen Cover. Other than that I like the draft balantai put up.

Great. I added jungle piece to the write-up since it seems to be completely thematic. Should we change the power name, then?

How about Nature's Cover? Or maybe Forest Cover? The Jungle is a rain forest after all.

Balantai February 27th, 2013 03:33 PM

On a quick side note, I'll be adding McHotcakes and Confred to our design rotation. They've been contributing regularly since Aslan and their insight is greatly appreciated. Congrats and welcome.

I'll slot them in at the end.

JC McMinis February 27th, 2013 03:37 PM

Indeed welcome McHotcakes. Also fixed my image viewing problem. Dowliaded firefox for my android...can see eveything ok now.

Balantai February 27th, 2013 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcmcminis (Post 1772280)
Indeed welcome McHotcakes. Also fixed my image viewing problem. Dowliaded firefox for my android...can see eveything ok now.

I added Confred also. I ninja edited my post to add Confred. He's been just as active as McHotcakes.

Sorry. :oops:

McHotcakes February 27th, 2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1772278)
On a quick side note, I'll be adding McHotcakes and Confred to our design rotation. They've been contributing regularly since Aslan and their insight is greatly appreciated. Congrats and welcome.

:woot:

Lamaclown February 27th, 2013 04:00 PM

With all the valuable input you guys have been giving it never crossed my mind that you guys weren't officially on the design roster. Congrats, you both have definitely earned it!

mac122 February 27th, 2013 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1772278)

:thumbsup:

Balantai February 27th, 2013 04:37 PM

Current: Cost?

Katniss Everdeen
Aquilla

Human
U. Hero
Hunter
Tricky
Medium 5

Life 5
Move 6
Range 8
Attack 2
Defense 3

Hunter's Precision Special Attack
Range 5. Attack 3.
When rolling attack dice for Hunter's Precision Special Attack against a non adjacent figure, each skull rolled counts as one additional hit. Katniss Everdeen may only use her Hunter's Precision Special Attack if she did not move this turn.

Forest Cover
If Katniss is adjacent to an evergreen tree or jungle piece, she has no visible hit zones.

Hide 11
If an opponent's figure begins it's move non-adjacent to Katniss and ends it's move adjacent to Katniss, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 11 or higher you may move Katniss up to 3 spaces as long as Katniss ends her movement unengaged and for the remainder of the turn, Katniss does not have any visible hit zones. When Katniss moves with Hide, she does not take leaving engagement attacks.

Confred February 27th, 2013 06:58 PM

I prefer "Forest Cover"
-
The powers are good to me for now. Her mid-range power shot is off enough to raise an eyebrow but linked enough to her undeniable precision to pass to testing. I'd like to play with her some in the next few days to feel the powers and her values out.
With values said, I'd like to shift focus to: RANGE 8 / ATTACK 2.
I can see RANGE 1 / ATTACK 2, but I wouldn't have classified any of her ranged attacks in the movie to only be 2 dice.
-
Thanks for the props

mac122 February 27th, 2013 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 1772403)
I prefer "Forest Cover"
-
The powers are good to me for now. Her mid-range power shot is off enough to raise an eyebrow but linked enough to her undeniable precision to pass to testing. I'd like to play with her some in the next few days to feel the powers and her values out.
With values said, I'd like to shift focus to: RANGE 8 / ATTACK 2.
I can see RANGE 1 / ATTACK 2, but I wouldn't have classified any of her ranged attacks in the movie to only be 2 dice.
-
Thanks for the props

Are you suggesting that her base range go to 1? or is that a typo?

I like Forest Cover as well.

She's very powerful from mid-range, but it's still one attack per turn and she has to set up for it the turn before (or with a good d20 roll after being attacked). Compared to Syvarris, she's got +1 Life, +1 move, -1 range, -1 attack, +1 defense. Syvarris has double attack, while Katniss has a strong special and good hiding abilities. She can be a hero-killer, but without a multiple attack, she's going to need her hiding and escape abilities to work well against squads. I'd put her points, as currently written, at 100-120, probably leaning toward the high side of that range. I'll add my usual disclaimer that points are the hardest thing for me.

Confred February 27th, 2013 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 1772410)
Are you suggesting that her base range go to 1? or is that a typo?

I mused upon that point yes.
The idea behind it is that her ranged attack would never be 2, that 2 is too weak to describe her ranged attacks at any level.
But if we wanted her base attack to be 2, we could mix that with the notion of her ranged prowess exceeding her melee and make her base range be 1.

IMPERFECT WORDING EXAMPLE SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5 or 8 Special. Attack 3 or 1.
Choose a figure 2 to 5 clear sight spaces and roll 3 attack dice, or choose a figure 6 to 8 clear sight spaces and roll 1 attack die. Count all skulls twice.