Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

SirGalahad August 3rd, 2010 08:49 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Also, you should probably remove the "same-level" distinction for a couple of reasons. There might not be enough same-level spaces available for all affected figures to move and not end up engaged with an opponent's figure. What a great way to put your opponent at height disadvantage! If you didn't want your own figures climbing to get height, you could just say "same-level or lower".

mac122 August 3rd, 2010 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirGalahad (Post 1164597)
Also, you should probably remove the "same-level" distinction for a couple of reasons. There might not be enough same-level spaces available for all affected figures to move and not end up engaged with an opponent's figure. What a great way to put your opponent at height disadvantage! If you didn't want your own figures climbing to get height, you could just say "same-level or lower".

In the movie, they never show the Neuralyzer being used to cause harm. I wanted to word it so that you could not have someone walk off the ledge and take falling damage. If I change it, I'd rather it be "same level or higher" unless there is an easy wording fix that that would allow moving lower without worrying about falling damage.
Since it is "move" and not "place" normal movement rules would apply, correct? Also, since it's "may move" you don't have to move the affected figures, right?

Is this better?

NEURALYZER 14
Instead of attacking, you may choose a figure within 3 clear sight spaces of Agent J. All figures adjacent to the chosen figure that have clear sight to Agent J are also affected by Neuralyzer 14. Roll a 20-sided die. On a roll of 14 or higher, you may move any or all affected figures up to 3 same-level or higher spaces. Moved figures do not take any leaving engagement strikes and may not end their move adjacent to an opposing figure or on a lava space.

Balantai August 4th, 2010 11:15 AM

The only issue I have with using Neuralizer on friendlies is that you'll always use Agent J early in the game to attempt to move your other figures out of the start zone. Is that an acceptable use for Neuralizer in your opinion? If you're okay with that theme, then I can live with it.

Balantai August 4th, 2010 11:17 AM

I don't really like the "or higher" wording. I prefer just same level spaces.

mac122 August 4th, 2010 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1164974)
The only issue I have with using Neuralizer on friendlies is that you'll always use Agent J early in the game to attempt to move your other figures out of the start zone. Is that an acceptable use for Neuralizer in your opinion? If you're okay with that theme, then I can live with it.

Hadn't thought of that. That wasn't the intention. I wanted to allow him to target friendlies in case they are stuck in engagement to help them get out of the jam. I don't think there's a simple way to allow him to target friendlies but not use it in the start zone. I'll make it "choose an opposing figure" - unless someone can figure out an elegant way to make it work the other way.

I've heard differing opinions on the "same level" or "same level or higher" movement options. Since it's a move, movement rules would apply (right?). So the "or higher" gives a bit more flexibility but not alot. Are there other opinions?

Here's where it stands at the moment:

NEURALYZER 14
Instead of attacking, you may choose an opposing figure within 3 clear sight spaces of Agent J. All figures adjacent to the chosen figure that have clear sight to Agent J are also affected by Neuralyzer 14. Roll a 20-sided die. On a roll of 14 or higher, you may move any or all affected figures up to 3 same-level or higher (?) spaces. Moved figures do not take any leaving engagement strikes and may not end their move adjacent to an opposing figure or on a lava space.

wulfhunter667 August 4th, 2010 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 1165098)
NEURALYZER 14
Instead of attacking, you may choose an opposing figure within 3 clear sight spaces of Agent J. All figures adjacent to the chosen figure that have clear sight to Agent J are also affected by Neuralyzer 14. Roll a 20-sided die. On a roll of 14 or higher, you may move any or all affected figures up to 3 same-level or higher (?) spaces. Moved figures do not take any leaving engagement strikes and may not end their move adjacent to an opposing figure or on a lava space.

I think the official wording you are looking for here is "an enemy figure," but based on comments from earlier, if it's intended to affect all figures, enemy and friendly alike, you should probably go with just "any." As far as "or higher," I think that works just fine. Just my :2cents:.

Balantai August 5th, 2010 11:24 AM

AGENT J
MOVIES

HUMAN
UNIQUE HERO
AGENT
BRASH

MEDIUM 5

LIFE 4

MOVE 6
RANGE 7
ATTACK 3
DEFENSE 5

POINTS 130

TAUNT 10
After an opponent reveals an Order Marker for a figure within 3 clear sight spaces of Agent J, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 10 or higher, Agent J is the only figure that can be attacked this turn.

NEURALYZER 14
Instead of attacking with Agent J, you may choose an opponent's figure within 3 clear sight spaces of Agent J. All figures adjacent to the chosen figure are also affected by Neuralyzer 14. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 14 or higher, you may move all affected figures up to 3 same-level or higher spaces. Affected figures do not take any leaving engagement strikes and may not end their move engaged or on a lava space.

NOISY CRICKET SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 5.
After attacking with Noisy Cricket Special Attack, roll 1 attack die. A skull rolled counts as one unblockable hit on Agent J.

Balantai August 5th, 2010 11:27 AM

Let's see some thumbs so we can move on to Wulf's design.

:thumbsup:

Lamaclown August 5th, 2010 11:41 AM

A most definite :thumbsup:

Delph August 5th, 2010 12:14 PM

I prefer to think of him without the NEURALYZER, since he didn't get it until the end of the movie, but I won't let that get in the way of a:

Balantai August 5th, 2010 12:23 PM

Thanks Delph, and welcome aboard!

mac122 August 5th, 2010 01:04 PM

Don't know if it's poor form to vote for my own design, but...
If it is, I'll just Neuralyze you all and tell you this thumb never happened.;)

Edit: thanks for everyone's input on Agent J!