Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

Dysole June 10th, 2015 02:48 PM

Space to Breathe

I do wonder if there needs to be a space between the mention of the special attack and the wording that describes the special attack. As is, it looks kind of bunchy.

~Dysole, noting that pretty much all SAs are formatted like so.

NAME OF SPECIAL ATTACK

Range Range. Attack Attack.
SA Text

McHotcakes June 10th, 2015 04:05 PM

Re: Space to Breathe

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dysole (Post 2026872)
I do wonder if there needs to be a space between the mention of the special attack and the wording that describes the special attack. As is, it looks kind of bunchy.

~Dysole, noting that pretty much all SAs are formatted like so.

NAME OF SPECIAL ATTACK

Range Range. Attack Attack.
SA Text

Exactly what I was thinking. Something along the lines of...

Permanent Treasure Glyph
This figure gains the Arrows of Apollo Special Attack.

Arrows of Apollo Special Attack
Range 9. Attack 2.
When attacking a figure without the Lava Resistant Special Power, every time you roll a skull you may roll 1 additional attack die. You may continue to roll additional attack dice until you fail to roll a skull.

TREX June 10th, 2015 08:24 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Agreed. Otherwise I think they look pretty good.
Glyph wise so far we have
BOOTS OF HERMES-pretty much complete?
BOW OF APOLLO-pretty much complete?

IDEAS FOR FUTURE GLYPHS

Quote:

HEAD OF HELIOS
After moving and before attacking, you may use the Head of Helios to blind a figure. Choose a small or medium figure within 3 clear sight spaces of this figure. Roll the 20 sided die. On a roll of 16 or higher, the chosen figure may not roll any defense dice for the first attack from this figure this turn.
Should we make this ability use up to one of Kratos attacks or just an added bonus.

Quote:

NEMEAN CESTUS
(SPECIAL ATTACK)
GODLY ARTIFACT

PERMANENT TREASURE GLYPH
This figure gains the Obsidian Crush Special Attack special power. Range 1. Attack 3 Special.
Add 1 automatic skull to whatever is rolled. When attacking destructible objects and figures with Defense value 7 or higher, add 2 automatic skulls to whatever is rolled.

GODLY ARTIFACT
After using any special power on this card, if this figure is not a God or Demigod, you must roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 5 or lower, this figure receives 1 wound. If ever this figure is destroyed, place one at a time all Godly Artifacts on this figure's Army Card power-side up on spaces this figure previously occupied or on empty spaces adjacent to spaces this figure previously occupied. Godly Artifacts are considered to be Ancient Artifacts in every other way.
I like this version of Nemean Cestus very much so. It really hits hard when you go after its intended targets.
Quote:

CLAWS OF HADES(HELM OF HADES)
Claws Of Hades (v3): Before taking a turn with this figure, this figure may use Claws Of Hades to revive figures. Roll the 20-sided die.
* If you roll 13 or higher, choose a previously destroyed squad figure.
* If you roll 18 or higher, choose a previously destroyed hero figure.
Gain temporary control of the chosen figure and its Army Card, remove all markers from its card, place the figure on any empty space adjacent to this figure and take a turn with the chosen figure and its Army Card.
This seems ok, its not as thematic for the Claws of Hades, but is thematic for the HELM OF HADES. Control of the undead. It is a godly possession you can find in the river styx after defeating Lord Hades. Also, an added question. If the figure is a common squad figure, how is that going to work, and is the figure summoned temporarily. We wont want him to summon back all enemies from the underworld.

Quote:

GOLDEN FLEECE (A)
(RANGED DEFLECTION)
GODLY ARTIFACT

PERMANENT TREASURE GLYPH
When attacked by a nonadjacent figure, this figure may use Golden Fleece. All excess shields count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.

GODLY ARTIFACT
I like this one, it can be simple like Gurei Oni's.

Quote:

WINGS OF ICARUS-?
Would these be enough, I would be satisfied with these, to not prolong this character. As we would have covered Kratos' verstatility pretty well. This could also leave other scapers to come up with his other weapons from other games on their own accord to add to him at their own leisure. With the ones I listed that would be 7 glyphs.

JC McMinis June 10th, 2015 09:36 PM

Something more like this for the bow

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/l...psuesfzgxq.jpg

TREX June 10th, 2015 10:51 PM

@JC McMinis , I think that is what they are going for, I think that format certainly looks the best, and by far the most official.

JC McMinis June 11th, 2015 07:24 PM

Ok guys here is the initial image for the Glyph of Nemean Cestus card. I am aware I still have to 'shop in' the godly artifact at the top but I thought we would get the cestus finalized before I do that. And since they are a pair should not they be called the Nemean Cesti?

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/l...psjyfoedny.jpg

Dysole June 11th, 2015 08:11 PM

Plus Or Minus

Cestuses is the proper plural.

Quote:

OBSIDIAN CRUSH SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 3+Special.

When rolling attack dice for Obsidian Crush Special Attack, add one automatic skull to whatever is rolled. When attacking a destructible object or figure with a Defense Value of 7 or higher, add one additional automatic skull to whatever is rolled.
~Dysole, thinking that is the clearest (and updated to match Sharwin Wildborn language)

Taeblewalker June 11th, 2015 09:21 PM

This is unrelated to the current design, but I thought I'd mention that my group played with nine figures from Heroes of Fiction yesterday. They all were great except Dr. Who. His Run power, letting him and his buddies ignore attacks, just seemed way to good for 100 points. I know it's essentially Isamu's power but working on a group and letting the whole group move. At some point we might consider redoing his card by either increasing the number needed to trigger Run or increasing his cost.

mac122 June 11th, 2015 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taeblewalker (Post 2027235)
This is unrelated to the current design, but I thought I'd mention that my group played with nine figures from Heroes of Fiction yesterday. They all were great except Dr. Who. His Run power, letting him and his buddies ignore attacks, just seemed way to good for 100 points. I know it's essentially Isamu's power but working on a group and letting the whole group move. At some point we might consider redoing his card by either increasing the number needed to trigger Run or increasing his cost.

Which other designs did you use?

Dysole June 11th, 2015 09:39 PM

Honestly

Quote:

If I'm being completely honest, the Doctor is probably not the only design that is too good for its points (Eragon comes to mind when I recall a game being played with W099). Given that running and narrowly escaping danger fits theme better, a point increase is probably better.

~Dysole, informationally

Taeblewalker June 11th, 2015 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 2027236)
Quote:

Predator (actually two of these, so there were only eight different characters), Ash, Neo, Duncan McCleod, Thundarr the Barbarian, Katniss Everdeen, Indiana Jones, Ezio Auditore and Tanis Half-Elven.

mac122 June 11th, 2015 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taeblewalker (Post 2027251)
Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 2027236)
Quote:

Predator (actually two of these, so there were only eight different characters), Ash, Neo, Duncan McCleod, Thundarr the Barbarian, Katniss Everdeen, Indiana Jones, Ezio Auditore and Tanis Half-Elven.

Cool! Thanks for sharing!