Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of C3G Destructible Object Rules (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=55039)

Arch-vile August 6th, 2019 04:41 PM

Re: Draftable Vehicles - Public Playtesting

Thanks Bats! I'm excited to give the cars a try.

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 2302329)
It requires a specific movement to go from the passenger seat to the driver's seat. Just like in real life. :-D Unlike in real life, you can easily do it in a "moving" vehicle, between activations.

What specific movement is this? Is this just a free action you can do anytime?

IAmBatman August 6th, 2019 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yodaking (Post 2302333)
Quote:

It requires a specific movement to go from the passenger seat to the driver's seat. Just like in real life. :-D Unlike in real life, you can easily do it in a "moving" vehicle, between activations.

Wait, what? You've never switched seats with the driver while going 55mph down the road before? I saw Smokey and the Bandit as a kid and they made it look so easy.

I mean, it's definitely thematic to allow it. :-P

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arch-vile (Post 2302343)
Thanks Bats! I'm excited to give the cars a try.

Quote:

What specific movement is this? Is this just a free action you can do anytime?

Good question. I need to look at the rules as written for that one .... :-P I assume it's the same as what you do to get in the car and get in the driver's seat to begin with, but we may not have laid that out.

IAmBatman August 6th, 2019 04:53 PM

Doesn't look specified. I think we need rules for moving around within a vehicle. I think you'd basically have to use your movement to shift seats, though, and couldn't also drive that turn. At least unless another figure gave you a bonus move that you used to move into that seat (like Arsenal or something).

Arch-vile August 6th, 2019 05:03 PM

Makes sense to me. We'll just have to remember to add that to the rules.

Spidey'tilIDie August 6th, 2019 05:31 PM

Quote:

LOL, you obviously didn't know my friends and I when we were in high school. Lots of stupid stunts pulled back then for laughs. Good times! (that I was lucky to live through!)

IAmBatman August 6th, 2019 05:32 PM

:lol: Well it has no real chance of crashing the car in our version anyway.

Lazy Orang August 6th, 2019 05:44 PM

Shouldn't there be a possibility of crashing a vehicle?

Yodaking August 6th, 2019 05:50 PM

Only if an alien is driving the car, they wouldn't be able to figure out how our primitive technology works.

IAmBatman August 6th, 2019 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazy Orang (Post 2302398)
Shouldn't there be a possibility of crashing a vehicle?

I mean, most of the time something crashes into a vehicle. Vehicles don't usually just crash into something unless the driver is a bit messed up.

I'm not sure how to integrate that into the mechanics either, particularly about one playtest away. That might be something to handle on individual vehicles better.

quozl August 6th, 2019 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yodaking (Post 2302407)
Only if an alien is driving the car, they wouldn't be able to figure out how our primitive technology works.

Push pedal, car go VROOM!!!

Arch-vile August 6th, 2019 05:54 PM

The Sports Car already has the hit & run power which is basically a purposeful crash.

Maybe we can have a crash mechanic on a stick shift VDO. :D

IAmBatman August 7th, 2019 08:45 PM

Actually, any thoughts on how to write up movement within a VDO? I figure some will be as small as two or four passengers, but some will be much bigger, like the Mole Machine or even larger, so a catch all ruling for how to move around inside of them might be tough to write.