Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

mac122 January 25th, 2012 10:19 AM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taeblewalker (Post 1496652)
Here's the list of those who seem at all active. Rave, KC, and wulfhunter, let me know if you want back in. Otherwise, Tickle can get started on Smurfette or whomever he has in mind. ;)

Lamaclown
jcmcminis
Taeblewalker
Tcglkn
Machineking

mac122?
Quote:

Originally Posted by Taeblewalker (Post 1549141)
Here's the list I have. Anyone else who wants in just needs to say so! Lamaclown is next, if he's ready.

Lamaclown
jcmcminis
Taeblewalker
Tcglkn
Machineking

mac122?
I'm seeing a trend here. ;)

Quote:

Lamaclown
jcmcminis
Taeblewalker
Tcglkn
mac122
Machineking
Fixed! :D

tcglkn January 25th, 2012 10:43 AM

Who's this mac122 guy??? :p

Taeblewalker January 25th, 2012 10:56 AM

Never heard of him.

Balantai January 25th, 2012 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taeblewalker (Post 1549141)
Here's the list I have. Anyone else who wants in just needs to say so! Lamaclown is next, if he's ready.

Lamaclown
jcmcminis
Taeblewalker
Tcglkn
Machineking

I want in. :D

Front page updated with Mac's list.

Lamaclown January 25th, 2012 01:02 PM

OK, going with the Dr. Dolittle thing I had before, I want to explore the darker side of that type of character. I choose... (drum roll, please :rimshot:)

Dr. Moreau from The Island of Doctor Moreauby H.G. Wells. This would be based on the book and not the movies.

If you are not familiar with the not-so-good doctor you can go here and/or here.

Things I would like to see included in this design:
1. Some sort of vivisection ability
2. An ability with beasts such as Dr. Dolittle has (we can get more use out of the animals we designed to use with Dolittle this way)
3. Perhaps a weakness when attacked by beasts/animals

1 and 2 are probably most necessary to bring out who Dr. Moreau is. The 3rd is just something to bring out some of the story (he was killed by one of his animal/human hybrids).

This was one I worked on for some time for my Heroes of Classic Literature project, but, like Dr. Dolittle, I just couldn't get him the way I wanted him.

I will post my thoughts for him after y'all get a chance to brainstorm and post your thoughts for this guy.

I thought Dr. Von Raechter from the Horrorclix Lab Set might be fitting for Dr. Moreau...
http://bidwicket.com/Item/C/Collecti..._Raechter.JPEG

Taeblewalker January 25th, 2012 02:19 PM

Nice choice

mac122 January 25th, 2012 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1549250)
I want in. :D

You have the power! Add yourself in! :twisted:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamaclown (Post 1549296)
OK, going with the Dr. Dolittle thing I had before, I want to explore the darker side of that type of character. I choose... (drum roll, please :rimshot:)

Dr. Moreau from The Island of Doctor Moreauby H.G. Wells. This would be based on the book and not the movies.

If you are not familiar with the not-so-good doctor you can go here and/or here.

Things I would like to see included in this design:
1. Some sort of vivisection ability
2. An ability with beasts such as Dr. Dolittle has (we can get more use out of the animals we designed to use with Dolittle this way)
3. Perhaps a weakness when attacked by beasts/animals

1 and 2 are probably most necessary to bring out who Dr. Moreau is. The 3rd is just something to bring out some of the story (he was killed by one of his animal/human hybrids).

This was one I worked on for some time for my Heroes of Classic Literature project, but, like Dr. Dolittle, I just couldn't get him the way I wanted him.

I will post my thoughts for him after y'all get a chance to brainstorm and post your thoughts for this guy.

I thought Dr. Von Raechter from the Horrorclix Lab Set might be fitting for Dr. Moreau...
http://bidwicket.com/Item/C/Collecti..._Raechter.JPEG

Um...good...er...gruesome choice, LC. :shock:
Dr. Moreau
VIVISECTION
All Animal figures you control now have the class of Man-Beast. All Man-Beasts you control adjacent to Dr. Moreau add 1 die to their attack and 1 die to their defense.

LAW GIVER
After revealing an order marker on this card, you may first move and attack with up to 3 Man-Beast figures you control.

NATURE UNCONTROLLED 20
After taking a turn with Dr. Moreau, if there are any Man-Beasts adjacent to Dr. Moreau, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 20 or higher, Dr. Moreau receives 1 unblockable wound for each adjacent Man-Beast you control.

JC McMinis January 27th, 2012 03:01 PM

Interesting choice Lamaclown. This is someone I know very little about, so I have little input right now. Once you post your 1st draft, I may have more to say.

tcglkn January 27th, 2012 03:08 PM

Cool choice and nice start mac. Moving and attacking with 3 Man-Beasts per turn may be too much though. I'd probably do 2.

wulfhunter667 January 28th, 2012 11:37 AM

I might be able to jump back in later, after I'm settled into my school schedule.

mac122 January 28th, 2012 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wulfhunter667 (Post 1550657)
I might be able to jump back in later,fter I'm settled into my school schedule.

Glad to see you are getting back in the swing, Wulf.

wulfhunter667 January 28th, 2012 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 1550718)
Quote:

Originally Posted by wulfhunter667 (Post 1550657)
I might be able to jump back in later,fter I'm settled into my school schedule.

Glad to see you are getting back in the swing, Wulf.

Must not be swinging too hard... Can't even frickin type... GRRR!!!