Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   HeroScape News (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   wave 4: Zanafor's Discovery (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=1167)

noodles July 9th, 2006 02:05 PM

wave 4: Zanafor's Discovery

I just finally scored a set of wave 4 at Target. Only 5 months after its release......not bad ;). They had tons of RTFF and Orms as usual. Maybe snow will show up soon? Score 1 for Noodles.

DingoDarkly July 9th, 2006 02:07 PM

Congrats Noodles!

K/H_Addict July 9th, 2006 02:13 PM

i could say the same. Personally, i think Wave 4 sucked. One of my friends had ben looking for the Lawmen and Samurai pack since i had them, and missed it by about 12 hours to another friend of ours. Poor josh. Lucky Kenneth. So, i told him i would keep an eye out for them for him. Found it at Target today. need to get it to him...blah

noodles July 9th, 2006 02:42 PM

I tend to not really analyze the new abilities until I'm opening them up and my first impressions are that I like them. I think the cyberclaw is a cool idea. I like the idea of the Elves shooting mulitple arrows. Although I think the rod of negation is way too powerful, it seems like a gamebreaker.

DingoDarkly July 9th, 2006 02:47 PM

My brother would say that about Sudema and Braxas...Way too powerful if you ask me. They can wipe out armies of squads easily!

jcb231 July 9th, 2006 02:57 PM

Wave 4's uniques were cool and the commons were just average, I think. They were decent without being overly exciting...sort of like Hasbro decided to just give us some "backbone" sort of troops and surround them with flashy heroes.

Morsbane seems unbalanced or overpowered at first....give him time though and I'm sure he'll grow on you. He's one of my favorite heroes now. By contrast, cyberclaw sounded awesome to me when I first got the figures, and now I rarely play either of the cards that use it. It's not a bad ability, its just not as useful as it first seems. Situationally useful sure, but not a must-draft for me.

"Lawmen and Samurai" is one of the best small boosters in the line though, for sheer self-contained fun value. A great first booster for anyone who is just starting to branch out from the Master Set...after they get their two packs of Orcs, or course! I'm a firm believer that everyone who buys a Master Set should immediately buy two packs of Orcs. It completes the power loops of the set and gives you a nice little batch of commons. After the Master Set and Orcs are secured, Lawmen/Samurai is a great pack to buy. I'd follow it up with Wave 4.5 large heroes as the next purchase, most likely.

Joah July 9th, 2006 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noodles
Although I think the rod of negation is way too powerful, it seems like a gamebreaker.

It can be. I've just recently taken to Morsbane, I've only gotten it to work a couple of times though. Damn D20.

noodles July 9th, 2006 03:14 PM

I expect Sudema to be powerful though.....after all, he is the hivelord - the Marro leader.

Teamski July 9th, 2006 03:31 PM

Wow, nothing like keeping up with the Jones'! :lol: :lol:

-Ski

jcb231 July 9th, 2006 03:33 PM

No, Sudema is the Undead queen from the Wave 4 hero pack.

You're thinking of Su-bak-na, the Marro dragon-rider from the Wave 2.5 large hero box.

reapersaurus July 9th, 2006 04:11 PM

Re: wave 4: Zanafor's Discovery

Quote:

Originally Posted by noodles
I just finally scored a set of wave 4 at Target. Only 5 months after its release......not bad ;). They had tons of RTFF and Orms as usual. Maybe snow will show up soon? Score 1 for Noodles.

Your wait paid off! You didn;t have to go online and pay shipping or get a big order!
Alright, noodles! :D

(course, it's 5 months later....... :lol: )

I sympathise, since I easily could have been in that boat if my wife hadn't happened to find Wave 4 AS it was being put on the shelf when it first came out. I haven't even seen 1 other on the shelves, so my buddy's been out of luck on it and now will have to wait one more month for the combined order with HouseMouse and the Wave 5 delay. :(

I'm telling you, this is REALLY :censored: absurd that HS product is not readily available in stores.
Hasbro can SAY they have lots of things in development, but what good are they if the fans (much less new customers) can't find the product in the store?

markwars July 9th, 2006 04:59 PM

reapersaurus
Quote:

what good are they if the fans (much less new customers) can't find the product in the store?
Perhaps it's just a hiccup. It's hard to be sure, but it's definitely frustrating to the fans. It's not frustrating to new customers though because they have no previous track record to go by nor the same expectations we have. Hasbro knows that the core group of fans is internet savy and they do offer them through their online store. That's enough to keep 95% of the longtime fans happy in my estimation.

In the end I understand that some folks have their reasons to wait, but I'm firmly in the "I'll order them online months in advance" camp. One gas went over $3 per gallon it was a no brainer.