Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

Confred June 23rd, 2017 12:07 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Yeshua (Post 2154470)
Hey, I know I'm not on the project, but I wanted to throw some thoughts in:
Unless you want this guy costing a ton, I'd keep his attack at 1. If he has any sort of boost (Including height) he'll be throwing so many skulls...
Thematically, I feel range 6 attack 1 shows him relying on his skills more than brute force.
Just a thought...

On the nose and my thoughts exactly

TREX June 23rd, 2017 01:36 PM

Saw the movie the other day and I'll have to say this is coming together nicely. Good show.

Confred June 23rd, 2017 10:14 PM

Dudes..
I couldn't go to sleep without first posting this idea!:

https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...n_original.jpg

(names, art, personality, exact wording, etc, are all placeholder)

Edit: Prob drop normal Range to 5

(without gunpowder, SA is just singular long range pot shot)

text version
Spoiler Alert!

alt wording
Spoiler Alert!

Confred June 27th, 2017 12:42 PM

Not gonna lie, having this slip by for four days has bummed me a little.

William099 June 27th, 2017 09:20 PM

I replied in my head but not on paper it would seem. LOL I think this is an incredibly clever idea. I really like the second power being dependent on the marker. Really captures the conflict present in the movie as to whether the commander would share the gunpowder with him or not.

Barry allen June 27th, 2017 09:46 PM

Sorry guys! I got my finals done so I can be active now. I may be able to squeak a playtest in the next few days. Again I am so sorry for leaving like that. Confred, that card is amazing(they all are).

I think that the last line of savior arrow could be this though "Each figure rolls defense dice separately. Subtract one shield from whatever is rolled".

For Deadly Trick-shot this sounds better IMO "When William Garin attacks a non-adjacent figure with his normal attack all skulls count as two. William may attack two additional times with his normal attack"

William099 June 27th, 2017 10:14 PM

You want one additional hit because that is standardized Heroscape language.

Confred June 27th, 2017 10:30 PM

Yeah we can hash out language once we get concepts down. I get super nerdy/aspy into it (scroll back to Kratos coverage)
But until that time, it would just bog us down (moreso!) - which we especially want to avoid should the power even change.

I for one really like the name Deadly Trickshot, because it nods to its father: Deadly Shot; it's flexible enough to be reusable in other characters; and it hints at William's tricky tactics without directly spelling it out (which I personally love doing with customs)

As far as that wording goes, it's a kitbash of Deadly Shot and Double Attack.

How does the team like those three abilities?

I like how getting the gunpowder has a tension to it. With these customs, we don't create the whole team but I like to nod to them anyway. Here all the mercenaries get out of dodge and leave the general to defend his stupid wall.
> I also wanted the counter generation to have a function to it. How many of us have gone the mana route for spell casters? Blarg. I mentally thumbs down any custom that has a power whose sole purpose is to be a component of another.
Spoiler Alert!

With explosive arrow, it would take down a cluster of fantasy figures who give automatic shields to adjacent friends. This power undoes that shield.
But without the explosives, it is the long range coverage that people have been wanting.

Edit: And me sticking to my placeholder art is also just for convenience and is not a knock at any other proposals. (figure hitzone I drew by hand/mouse :P)

Confred June 30th, 2017 08:44 AM

Alright, enough time has been given to collect ideas.

Let's start working on wording.

Aim to have William done by next Friday.

JC McMinis June 30th, 2017 01:39 PM

My apologies for the absence the last several days. But my mother in law had a minor stroke. All is good now will look at this later today.

JC McMinis July 5th, 2017 02:50 PM

Forgive the absence, I like where this is, but I also liked the Defending the wall ability of the earlier draft. I am torn.

Zetsubo July 6th, 2017 01:32 AM

I really like how the gunpowder plays into his kit. Potentially dangerous or a saving grace. Here are my thoughts on his first ability.

Spoiler Alert!