Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

Hive Lord 1233 September 10th, 2012 12:03 AM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

This didn't die did it?

Balantai January 15th, 2013 07:22 PM

Okay. So what do I have to do to kick start this project?

EDIT:
What active members are still looking to participate? (I'm looking at you, Mac)
Any active people that aren't currently members that would like to participate?

mac122 January 15th, 2013 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1745412)

$10,000 in small bills, non-sequential serial numbers, in a plain brown bag placed in the trash can at Main & 4th at precisely 8:23 pm, January 16.

I left the project awhile back, but I'd be willing to give it another shot.

Balantai January 15th, 2013 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 1745422)
Quote:

$10,000 in small bills, non-sequential serial numbers, in a plain brown bag placed in the trash can at Main & 4th at precisely 8:23 pm, January 16.

If I knew that's all it was going to take, I'd have done this months ago.

machinekng January 15th, 2013 08:30 PM

Quote:

EDIT:
What active members are still looking to participate? (I'm looking at you, Mac)
Any active people that aren't currently members that would like to participate?

Yo estoy aqui.8)

SirGalahad January 16th, 2013 01:39 AM

Who was next in line for a design?
PM him, and if no response, move on to the next person.

Balantai January 16th, 2013 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by machinekng (Post 1627598)
I still like the Blessed Hunter. I know it has those bone protrusions, but I like its pose, and it being a DnD mini, it's prepainted and affordable.

Aslan
Jandar

Lion
Unique Hero
Lord
Merciful
Large 6 (?)

Life 6
Move 7
Range 1
Attack 5
Defense 4

Inspiring Roar
After revealing an order marker on this card and taking a turn with Aslan, all figures you control within 3 spaces of Aslan may move up to 3 spaces. For the duration of the round, All figures within 3 spaces of Aslan may add 1 die to their defense.

The Deep Magic
If a Unique Hero you control within 4 clear sight spaces of Aslan would receive enough wounds to be destroyed, you may immediately move Aslan adjacent to that figure. Remove all wound markers from the Unique Hero's card and destroy Aslan. When Aslan moves with My Life For Yours he will take any leaving engagement attacks.

Magic Deeper Still
Before placing Order Markers for any round after Aslan has been destroyed by My Life For Yours, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 17 or higher, remove all wound markers from this Army Card and place Aslan in your starting zone.

Let's finalize machinekng's last design and then move on to the next. Thoughts on this?

Balantai January 16th, 2013 12:46 PM

My Thoughts:

I don't think Inspiring Roar is working as intended. I believe it was created to simulate a roar that then gives bonuses. In its current wording, it feels like two powers jammed together. I would suggest either removing the defense bonus completely or changing the ability so that Aslan always gives the bonuses. I was never a fan of abilities that make you remember what happened earlier in the round, anyway.

The Deep Magic seems overpowered. It essentially gives you two of your most powerful figure. Costing based on this ability alone will very difficult. If you save your 200 pt figure and get to use him again, you've essentially just added 200 pts to the cost of Aslan. I think this ability needs reworking.

In Deeper Magic Still, is there precedence for saying "in your starting zone" on a card?

Lamaclown January 16th, 2013 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1745798)
My Thoughts:

I don't think Inspiring Roar is working as intended. I believe it was created to simulate a roar that then gives bonuses. In its current wording, it feels like two powers jammed together. I would suggest either removing the defense bonus completely or changing the ability so that Aslan always gives the bonuses. I was never a fan of abilities that make you remember what happened earlier in the round, anyway.

The Deep Magic seems overpowered. It essentially gives you two of your most powerful figure. Costing based on this ability alone will very difficult. If you save your 200 pt figure and get to use him again, you've essentially just added 200 pts to the cost of Aslan. I think this ability needs reworking.

In Deeper Magic Still, is there precedence for saying "in your starting zone" on a card?

I agree with your thoughts for Deeper Magic. Perhaps something along the lines of...

Quote:

Deep Magic
If a Unique Hero you control within 4 clear sight spaces of Aslan receives enough wounds to be destroyed, you may instead destroy Aslan and ignore any wounds the Unique Hero just received. Deep Magic may be used only once per game.
This still keeps with the book where Aslan saved Edmund from immediate peril, represented by only ignoring wounds just received rather than removing all wound markers. Also, I think limiting to once per game would help keep Aslan's cost down.

As far as wording for Deeper Magic Still (which I prefer Deep Magic and Deeper Magic respectively for the ability names) I think it would be best just to copy Rejected by Death except with the 17 roll instead of the 19 as machinekng has it.

mac122 January 16th, 2013 01:40 PM

First Balantai, and now LC! It's like the band is getting back together!

With LC's suggestions.
Quote:

Aslan
Jandar

Lion
Unique Hero
Lord
Merciful
Large 6 (?)

Life 6
Move 7
Range 1
Attack 5
Defense 4

INSPIRING ROAR
After revealing an order marker on this card and taking a turn with Aslan, all figures you control within 3 spaces of Aslan may move up to 3 spaces. All figures within 3 spaces of Aslan may add 1 die to their defense.

DEEP MAGIC
If a Unique Hero you control within 4 clear sight spaces of Aslan receives enough wounds to be destroyed, you may instead destroy Aslan and ignore any wounds the Unique Hero just received. Deep Magic may be used only once per game.

DEEPER MAGIC
At the start of each of your turns after Aslan has been destroyed, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 17 or higher, immediately place Aslan on a space adjacent to any figure you control and remove all Wound Markers on this card.
If Deep Magic is limited to once per game (very thematic, btw), perhaps the roll for Deeper Magic could come down to 16 or 15.

I agree with Balantai's analysis of Inspiring Roar. What about something like this:
INSPIRING ROAR
All figures you control that begin their turn within 3 spaces of Aslan may move X additional spaces.

or

INSPIRING ROAR
All figures you control within X spaces of Aslan add 1 to their defense.

Since it's a sound based ability, I left out any clear sight restrictions.

Confred January 16th, 2013 03:00 PM

How long do we want Inspiring Roar to last?
Do we want the defensive bonus to last only for that burst of activity?
Do we want the bonus to last until the end of the round? game? turn?

What if it was a once per round/turn ability that could be used during any friendly's turn.
Something like:

INSPIRING ROAR
Immediately, before any friendly figure moves, Aslan may roar. If he does, all friendly figures may move 2 additional spaces and ignore all wounds this turn. Aslan may roar only once each round. Aslan is not affected by his own roar.

What does the +1 Defense convey?

mac122 January 16th, 2013 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 1745888)
How long do we want Inspiring Roar to last?
Do we want the defensive bonus to last only for that burst of activity?
Do we want the bonus to last until the end of the round? game? turn?

What if it was a once per round/turn ability that could be used during any friendly's turn.
Something like:

INSPIRING ROAR
Immediately, before any friendly figure moves, Aslan may roar. If he does, all friendly figures may move 2 additional spaces and ignore all wounds this turn. Aslan may roar only once each round. Aslan is not affected by his own roar.

What does the +1 Defense convey?

It conveys the other power jammed into the original Inspiring Roar. It could be +1 Attack instead to convey an inspired army fighting harder. :shrug: