Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   TV (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   TV: What Are You Watching? (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=27342)

jschild September 21st, 2010 11:51 AM

Re: TV: What Are You Watching?

Just finished watching Angel all the way through (had only previously watched the last season, mainly due to Spike joining the cast).

Must say the last episode hits harder this time around, most of all because of Wesley accepting Illyeria (sp?) request to lie to him. Don't think I've been so moved since Babylon 5 (best overall last episode ever, plus the most tragic line ever - All love is unrequited).

Would have loved to have seen him wrap up the series the way he wanted.

RabSheila September 21st, 2010 02:05 PM

Watched The Venture Bros. second episode from the newest season and Boardwalk Empire last night. Both were great.

Scapemage September 27th, 2010 03:08 PM

The Big Bang Theory! Who doesn't love a laugh? Also, Mike and Molly is pretty funny.

Edit: Can't forget teh Apprentice.

Jormi_Boced September 27th, 2010 04:47 PM

Watched Weeds and The Tester yesterday as well as some Digg Reel and the Ben Heck show.

Killer Lawnmower September 27th, 2010 06:02 PM

Everybody loves Raymond!!!

Swamper September 27th, 2010 06:32 PM

Mon: Chuck, Two and a Half Men
Tue: NCIS, NCIS LA
Wen: Criminal Minds
Thur: Big Bang Theory, $*^% My Dad Says, CSI

J4Jandar September 28th, 2010 07:44 PM

The Event (freakin' cool) and netflix for everything else. Oh yeah, the Military Channel too.

nate the dawg September 28th, 2010 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J4Jandar (Post 1217121)
The Event (freakin' cool) and netflix for everything else. Oh yeah, the Military Channel too.

I'm curious about The Event, but all of the previews just give me a Flash Forward vibe, and I never really could get into that one. However, with Lost gone, and Smallville being pretty lackluster (in comparison to previous seasons), I've started getting into Supernatural. Some coworkers have been recommending that one to me for quite some time, and, now that I've seen most of the first season, I can see why.

J4Jandar September 28th, 2010 08:17 PM

I have heard about Supernatural but know little about it. I will check it out.

The Event bounces you around in time setting up the plot and back story but the premise seems really cool to me.

Jandarforever September 28th, 2010 08:18 PM

Just got done watching 1000 Ways to Die off of Spike TV. I've got to say I'm surprised that things get so graphic on that show. I know they warn people, but I kind of thought that stuff of that caliber was limited to horror movies.

That being said, I have to admit that that show is (very) morbidly hilarious. Many of those deaths are just so bizarre, that you can't help but chuckle. And of course, the way that they title the deaths is pretty funny.

J4Jandar September 28th, 2010 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jandarforever (Post 1217169)
Just got done watching 1000 Ways to Die off of Spike TV. I've got to say I'm surprised that things get so graphic on that show. I know they warn people, but I kind of thought that stuff of that caliber was limited to horror movies.

That being said, I have to admit that that show is (very) morbidly hilarious. Many of those deaths are just so bizarre, that you can't help but chuckle. And of course, the way that they title the deaths is pretty funny.

It's on right now here. My favorite one to mock is the Cow heart guy (ewwwwwwwe...) or the red haired dude that craved milk because his sick uncle tormented him while wearing a cow suit.

I have little faith in humanity's future. :lol:

Jandarforever September 28th, 2010 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J4Jandar (Post 1217172)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jandarforever (Post 1217169)

It's on right now here. My favorite one to mock is the Cow heart guy (ewwwwwwwe...) or the red haired dude that craved milk because his sick uncle tormented him while wearing a cow suit.

I have little faith in humanity's future. :lol:

I thought for sure he'd die from some bacterial thing in the raw, un-pasteurized milk, but apparently not.

Personally, I liked the one with the lawyer who jumped out his skyscraper office.