Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Fire Demons (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=48324)

Karat October 21st, 2019 09:52 PM

Re: The Book of Fire Demons

I know that's the intent, but I don't know that it is clear as worded.

quozl October 21st, 2019 10:56 PM

Place a single tile on the space seems pretty clear to me.

johnny139 October 21st, 2019 11:03 PM

Putting a sentence break should make it a a bit clearer.

FIRE AND BRIMSTONE
At the start of the game, before rolling for initiative, you may choose up to 4 empty spaces on the battlefield. Place a single-hex lava field tile on each of the chosen spaces as long as the lava field tile fits normally onto that chosen space.

Makes it clear that you do one (choose the spaces), then the other (place the tiles).

A3n October 22nd, 2019 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnny139 (Post 2326474)
Putting a sentence break should make it a a bit clearer.

FIRE AND BRIMSTONE
At the start of the game, before rolling for initiative, you may choose up to 4 empty spaces on the battlefield. Place a single-hex lava field tile on each of the chosen spaces as long as the lava field tile fits normally onto that chosen space.

Makes it clear that you do one (choose the spaces), then the other (place the tiles).

So is this what all are agreeing to?

IAmBatman October 22nd, 2019 08:34 AM

Yes. :up: Looks like it. I'll update the SP. Good call on the sentence break, gang. Totally agree.

SP updated @A3n - Thanks, mate! :-)

Karat October 22nd, 2019 09:11 AM

Yea

japes October 23rd, 2019 12:03 AM

Yea

A3n October 23rd, 2019 03:52 AM

23 October 2019 - Fire Demons - FIRE AND BRIMSTONE updated to avoid a game starting "Spire"

Yodaking October 23rd, 2019 04:27 AM

I think I've only ever used these guys twice, three times at most, and one was a recent test. Each time I placed Lava tiles, rather then the less dangerous Lava Field. I don't ever play the lava bath cheese move though so it only meant I was denying a place for someone to move normally. I was really struggling to see how stacking lava tiles on top of each other did anything for you, now I see the concern.

IAmBatman October 23rd, 2019 08:53 AM

Yeah, just one of those cheesy competitive holes where you can turtle and make a figure unkillable in certain match ups. Nothing a decent human being can do, but we have to watch out for the turds in the punch bowl. :-P

isherlock99 February 10th, 2022 11:48 AM

An additional source for the same figure is Hammer of Thor #104 / Son of Surtur.