Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Video Games (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   What Video Game are you Currently Playing? (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=23029)

Lord Pyre February 19th, 2009 10:40 AM

Re: What Video Game are you Currently Playing?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King (Post 762197)
I've been playing a lot of flash games recently. I just discovered my love of tower defense games. One I've been playing is Gemcraft. You can find it on Newgrounds.

Try Kongregate.com

It's got over 10,000 game (I think), and it has achievements kinda like Xbox live for the flash games. It's pretty cool.

Pumpkin_King February 19th, 2009 11:00 AM

I do go to Kongregate sometimes, but the problem is that I only have a limited time each day with hi-speed, so I like Newgrounds because I have a Firefox app that can download the game to my computer so I can play it later on at home. Some/most of the Kongregate games aren't Flash, as far as I can tell, so I can't download them. Although occasionally I do an ad for Kongregate in the beginning of Flash games from Newgrounds.

CheddarLimbo February 19th, 2009 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nukatha (Post 762199)
I'm currently trying to beat the Battle Frontier in Pokémon Emerald.

In addition I recently played through the two GBA Metroid games, and picked up F-Zero GX for Gamecube.

I realize that I've been a 'last-gen gamer' for around the past year now. I'm a big Nintendo person, but with the lack of current releases I just check the used Gamecube section of a game store and pick up any games that I've seen on 'top GCN titles' lists, and I have been quite satisfied. Another thing I've been doing is attempting to amass a collection of Virtual Console games available on Gamecube disks. I much prefer to have a physical copy that works on all GCNs and Wiis than a 1-console copy.

On a strange note, the Gamecube can play every Zelda title except Phantom hourglass, with use of the Game Boy player, while the Wii misses out on the handheld versions!

I'd recommend Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem if you haven't tried it already. It's a really great horrow suspense game that ties in (loosely) to the H.P. Lovecraft mythos.

Sweetcurse February 19th, 2009 12:27 PM

PIKMIN! That is a must!

CheddarLimbo February 19th, 2009 12:37 PM

You are correct, Sweetcurse. Both Pikmin games are terrific, and you can probably pick them up for pretty cheap at a Gamestop or something.

Pumpkin_King February 19th, 2009 12:45 PM

The Pikmin games have to be some of my favorite games. The sheer replay value of them is amazing. Has anyone ever got all the treasures in Pikmin 2? I did, and it took me around 200 days in-game.

HSisforcoolkids February 19th, 2009 12:50 PM

Many of you probably know, but Pikmin is getting released for the Wii, complete with Wii motion controls that are supposed to make controlling the Pikmin easier. I've never played Pikmin but with all of the good reviews, I may pick this up for the Wii. It will be $30.

Lord Pyre February 19th, 2009 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CheddarLimbo (Post 762264)
I'd recommend Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem if you haven't tried it already. It's a really great horrow suspense game that ties in (loosely) to the H.P. Lovecraft mythos.

That one's high on my want-to-play list. I don't know when I'll get to it, though. I'll have to find a copy, and I'm still playing Okami and Ocarina of Time.

Ya know, Okami is darn long! I thought I was going to finish it weeks ago, and I just found out there's an entire new mission I have to do... :p

CheddarLimbo February 19th, 2009 12:58 PM

I'd much rather see a new Pikmin game for the Wii....but oh well. Anything to get more people to enjoy the games.

And yes, I did get all the treasures in Pikmin 2, but I have no idea how long it took. I do remember my wife getting a little exasperated with how long (and often) I played that game.

Sweetcurse February 19th, 2009 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CheddarLimbo (Post 762298)
You are correct, Sweetcurse. Both Pikmin games are terrific, and you can probably pick them up for pretty cheap at a Gamestop or something.

Not cheap I'll tell ya. PK2 is like 40 bucks at gamestop...if yu can even find one.

I got it as christmas for the wife. I lucked out that she loves it as much as I do. That and Psychonauts.

jschild February 19th, 2009 02:24 PM

Fallout 3 - Torrented the game to try it out. Loved it and asked my wife to get it for me on Valentine's day.

Totally rocks and love it.

Sweetcurse February 19th, 2009 02:31 PM

Why not just download a demo instead of pirating? There is a Fallout demo right?