Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Custom Units & Army Cards (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   December Custom Competition - Entries Closed, Poll Up Soon (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=54517)

Dr.Goomonkey December 3rd, 2017 07:26 PM

December Custom Competition - Entries Closed, Poll Up Soon

What are you doing here? Go vote at the poll!

Welcome to another fantastic custom competition brought to you by me and cheif. This time around, we're making a manticore. I'll put some options here for what mini to use, but feel free to use whatever mini you want, even a custom one, just as long as it is a manticore.

All minis pictured are 2" H x 1.5" W x 1.5" D, with 2"
bases according to Troll and Toad.

Some other minis (and that picture minus the background):

Entries must be in by December 18, as the poll will go up sometime on the 19th. :thumbsup:

Rules:

1. Entries must be sent to me via PM.

2. Keep your entry anonymous while the contest is running.

3. Only 1 entry per member.

4. You may not vote for your own entry as the winner (even if it is the best), and you must vote if you enter.

5. Your submission must be made for this contest (no reusing your old, saggy customs). Actually, you may use customs you've already made.

Other Clarifications:

You may enter if you do not make a card for your unit. If you submit the entry early enough I will make a card for you. Also, it's pretty easy to make your own, just use @Xorlof 's awesome card creator.

If you want to change your entry you can, just PM me before I post the poll.

Character bios are allowed, and they might tip the scales in your favour so I recommend them.

Contestants:
Tiranx
obfuscatedhippo
HEROSCAPERMTL
JaesShurrig
TaebleWalker
The Dewk
aksisu11
NecroBlade
flameslayer93
Lazy Orang
capsocrates
Scytale
Astroking112
DewNoHarm
WarBeast
Toogwick_tuk
Sam
Confred
Dark_Stranger

Previous Competitions' Contestants:
@Ninja Status
@Dysole
@JC McMinis
@orgsbane
@heroscaper2010
@Ixe
@obfuscatedhippo
@Lazy Orang
@IshMEL
@CJtheMighty
@Sam
@BiggaBullfrog
@kolakoski
@Zetsubo
@TheAverageFan
@flameslayer93
@HEROSCAPERMTL
@Astroking112
@Dark_Stranger
@mac122
Let me know if you want to be taken off of this list and I'll try to remember for next time.

This contest has been approved by @Jim

Astroking112 December 3rd, 2017 08:34 PM

Re: December Custom Competition - Entries Due 18/12

It's great to see another one of these up! Hopefully we'll get lots of attention again. I'll definitely try to cook something up!

flameslayer93 December 3rd, 2017 09:56 PM

This looks like fun! I'll be entering again. :)

Tankyteemo December 4th, 2017 12:58 AM

About how big is the mini?

Astroking112 December 4th, 2017 10:14 AM

I second Tankyteemo's request. If we're using those minis, it would be nice to know if they fit better as a single-spaced or double-spaced figure!

Also, I think it would be useful to label each example mini something simple, that way it can quickly be noted in the submissions.

Dr.Goomonkey December 5th, 2017 08:38 PM

Hmm... That would probably be a good thing to know. Unfortunately, I own 0 of the figures pictured. I'll do some hunting and update the OP in the next hour or so. All of the figures are 2" H x 1.5" W x 1.5" D according to Troll and Toad, with 2" bases.

Duljen December 6th, 2017 12:05 AM

Is the objective of this contest to create rules for the miniature, to buy one of the miniatures listed and paint it, to scratchbuild a miniature or what?

After re-rereading the prompt, I think I may have answered my own question. It just so happens that I was already scratchbuilding a manticore for a really large custom project I am already doing. This contest will be especially interesting for me.

09167 December 6th, 2017 01:14 AM

Just to be clear, this competition is to create a custom with stats, specials, etc?

The Dewk December 6th, 2017 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 09167 (Post 2170766)
Just to be clear, this competition is to create a custom with stats, specials, etc?

Choose/find a Manticore miniature figure. Make a custom Heroscape card around the miniature, complete with everything you'd normally find on a unit card.

BiggaBullfrog December 6th, 2017 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tankyteemo (Post 2170526)
About how big is the mini?

Judging by base size and comparisons to other minis, they look to be about a Large 5, double-spaced.

HEROSCAPERMTL December 6th, 2017 02:47 PM

Submission sent!

NecroBlade December 7th, 2017 04:27 PM

I've got a design ready, just need to 'shop it!