Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Architects of the Realms of Valhalla (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=161)
-   -   WINNER!!! (Valhallan Wastelands) (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=54401)

Sir Heroscape October 22nd, 2017 02:44 PM

WINNER!!! (Valhallan Wastelands)

CONGRATULATIONS LEAF_IT!!!

https://www.heroscapers.com/download...0title_rHK.png
Download

Through the ruins of an old building the lava still pours out, covering the hillside in mounds of obsidian. The area may be dangerous, but the lava has brought with it sources of energy, and power. Opposing forces clash seeking to secure it for themselves.

Requires: RotV, Marvel, VW

WHAT A CONTEST! We just want to thank everyone so much for participating! It was really exciting to receive 18 fun and exciting map submissions from the community and then to watch as 39 unique voters from the community participated in voting on the Top 10. That is the largest participation we have had yet!! @Leaf_It please contact @BiggaBullfrog about receiving your prize.

For those of you who made the Top 10, keep an eye out on these threads as we will be playtesting on these maps, determining whether or not they are tournament worthy. Those maps that are accepted will be posted publicly in the Tournament Map Archive, and when playtesting for all maps is complete we will publicly post our reviews in the Map Reviews thread. For those of you that did not make the Top 10, have no fear! Make your way over to the Workshop Thread where we can help you rework your maps and maybe get them up to par. And for those interested who may have missed it, please check out our NEW Map Articles thread where you can find links to articles that BiggaBullfrog and I write each month regarding map building tips, map spotlights and our map contests.

Thank you everyone again, and have a HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Top 10 Announcement
Spoiler Alert!

Top 10 Images and Downloads
Spoiler Alert!

BiggaBullfrog October 22nd, 2017 04:20 PM

Re: VOTE NOW - TOP 10!!! (Valhallan Wastelands)

Congrats Top 10! It was a close competition after running the numbers. Good luck to you all in the polling!

NecroBlade October 22nd, 2017 04:46 PM

Voted... for 2. It's a shame my third pick (and possibly favorite) isn't eligible. ;)

Sir Heroscape October 22nd, 2017 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NecroBlade (Post 2166017)
Voted... for 2. It's a shame my third pick (and possibly favorite) isn't eligible. ;)

*blush* Aww really? Which one?

Tiranx October 22nd, 2017 05:53 PM

Got my votes in.

TREX October 22nd, 2017 06:26 PM

I gone and voted

NecroBlade October 22nd, 2017 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape (Post 2166024)
Quote:

Barren Plateau. I haven't looked too closely at any of the maps, but that one strikes me as a "wasteland" more than many of the others, it's got good LoS blocked and shadow, just looks like a solid map. I may download the instructions and put it together this week since I need to set up a new map anyway.

Obsidian Wastes, which is currently leading, almost got my vote, but I feel like that will be a deceptively difficult climb through the middle for melee, and I'm not particularly fond of the single-hex perches either, though at least they're in the very corners. (I do like the use of the Marvel terrain, though.)

HEROSCAPERMTL October 22nd, 2017 10:26 PM

My votes have been cast. For what it's worth, I definitely would have voted for Barren Plateau had it been eligible. Good luck everyone!

Sir Heroscape October 22nd, 2017 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NecroBlade (Post 2166050)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape (Post 2166024)
Quote:

Barren Plateau. I haven't looked too closely at any of the maps, but that one strikes me as a "wasteland" more than many of the others, it's got good LoS blocked and shadow, just looks like a solid map. I may download the instructions and put it together this week since I need to set up a new map anyway

Quote:

Originally Posted by HEROSCAPERMTL (Post 2166069)
My votes have been cast. For what it's worth, I definitely would have voted for Barren Plateau had it been eligible. Good luck everyone!

Thanks guys, I'm glad you enjoyed the map!

Shurrig October 22nd, 2017 10:36 PM

My votes are in! I'm honored to be in the top 10!

superfrog October 23rd, 2017 01:06 AM

I'm afraid I didn't note very well that my map uses treasure glyphs. It's in the PDF, but I didn't note it carefully in the description. Could that be added to the OP?

Thanks!

rednax October 23rd, 2017 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superfrog (Post 2166083)
I'm afraid I didn't note very well that my map uses treasure glyphs. It's in the PDF, but I didn't note it carefully in the description. Could that be added to the OP?

Thanks!

Ah yeah, that changes things significantly. My biggest reservation when I first saw your map was that the center seemed like a huge chokepoint. I think the treasure glyphs choice is really good.