Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Ninjak (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=55836)

IAmBatman August 25th, 2019 09:00 PM

Re: The Book of Ninjak (Vote for On Deck)

MrNobody March 5th, 2020 03:41 PM

Re: The Book of Ninjak

EPB shurikened.

Ronin March 8th, 2020 09:52 PM

Re: The Book of Ninjak (Design Phase)

Minor edit suggestions:

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordVenoc (Post 2285579)
INFILTRATION GEAR
When moving up levels of height to move onto a space with Ninjak, count one space for the first four levels and only count one space for each four levels after the first four. You may ignore this Ninjak’s height of 5 when climbing. Ninjak never takes falling damage or major falling damage. When Ninjak moves, he does not take leaving engagement attacks.

PRECISION SHURIKEN SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 3.
Choose a non-adjacent figure to attack. If you roll at least one blank is rolled, you may choose to ignore this attack and inflict a wound on the targeted figure. When Ninjak attacks with this special attack, he may attack one additional time with this special attack. He cannot attack the same figure more than once with this special attack.

TACTICAL PRESSURE
After Ninjak or a figure you control within 4 clear sight spaces of Ninjak receives a wound, you may immediately reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card. While there is a revealed "X" Order Marker on this card, after revealing an Order Marker on a card you control, instead of taking a turn with that card, you may instead take a turn with Ninjak. If there is a revealed "X" Order Marker on this card, when Ninjak attacks with a normal attack, count all blanks rolled as additional skulls.

Pasteable:
Quote:

INFILTRATION GEAR
When moving up levels of height to move onto a space with Ninjak, count one space for the first four levels and only count one space for each four levels after the first four. You may ignore Ninjak’s height of 5 when climbing. Ninjak never takes falling damage or major falling damage. When Ninjak moves, he does not take leaving engagement attacks.

PRECISION SHURIKEN SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 3.
Choose a non-adjacent figure to attack. If you roll at least one blank, you may ignore this attack and inflict a wound on the targeted figure. When Ninjak attacks with this special attack, he may attack one additional time with this special attack. He cannot attack the same figure more than once.

TACTICAL PRESSURE
After Ninjak or a figure you control within 4 clear sight spaces of Ninjak receives a wound, you may immediately reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card. While there is a revealed "X" Order Marker on this card, after revealing an Order Marker on a card you control, instead of taking a turn with that card, you may take a turn with Ninjak. If there is a revealed "X" Order Marker on this card, when Ninjak attacks with a normal attack, count all blanks rolled as additional skulls.
The words I took out of the SA are more suggestions to trim some words. I strongly recommend the other changes.

Cards look fine. It does look like his little loincloth thing was left out of the hitzone, but I have to think that was a choice?

LordVenoc March 8th, 2020 09:57 PM

Re: The Book of Ninjak (Design Phase)

Updated. I believe the cloth was left out because we called it optional on the modding guide.

japes March 9th, 2020 07:58 PM

I almost missed this. Please tag art team member when making a change to a card. Especially when it's ON DECK

LordVenoc March 9th, 2020 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by japes (Post 2355986)
I almost missed this. Please tag art team member when making a change to a card. Especially when it's ON DECK

Didn't think of that, so noted. Thanks japes!

Sporx March 12th, 2020 11:24 PM

Poker card needs the updated language above.

Lazy Orang March 14th, 2020 01:18 PM

Not the biggest fan of out-of-universe writing such as found in the second sentence, but that's likely just me.
Third sentence is clunky - 'parents' on the end isn't required. Cut that and replace spy with spies.
'MI-6' doesn't need the dash.
What Undead Monk? That comes out of nowhere, and reads as though I'm supposed to know.

johnny139 March 14th, 2020 08:43 PM

Undead Monk is a character, and he's only ever referred to as the Undead Monk. Some additional context would probably be helpful, but other than being undead and a monk, there's no much there. :lol:

Ronin March 14th, 2020 09:03 PM

Yeah, I can see how that reference could feel like kind of a non sequitur, but the Undead Monk is... pretty much exactly what it says on the tin.

LordVenoc March 28th, 2020 11:45 PM

MI-6 actually has the dash in universe, so I actually corrected the instance I missed it. Otherwise, updated and corrected.

Soundwarp SG-1 March 30th, 2020 02:44 AM

Undead Monk makes me think of Lode Runner.